New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with identifying this converted Bally game? History of the machine and manufacturer DAT?  (Read 1749 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Next time you have the reels out of the chassis.
Examine the index arm rollers for mobility.
Reason being the index disc slots appear to be hammered at the outer edge.
As I mentioned before, disc can be slightly altered to favor one slot over another.
In your case all the slots look hammered from what is visible in the photo.
Indicating a slight malfunction.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Mentioning pinball machines, I’ve brought a few back to life.
Find them a little more of a challenge electronically, but not so much mechanically.
This Cinema machine had a little bit of everything wrong with it when I got it.

Offline KaPH33n

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • KaPH33n New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Here's some pics of the inside of the top box

I didn't realize the payout labels were printed on paper at first, but I suppose they are. I am guessing the bottom glass is the same way? Maybe so people could change the jackpots over time?

I also went through and spun each reel around and mapped out the symbols. From what I can tell each reel has 25 spots on it. These positions are mapped based on the visible seam of the reel strip. Here are the order of the bars, melons, and 7s:

Code: [Select]
Position Reel 1 Reel 2 Reel 3
1 B B B
3 B M
4 B
5 M B
6 M
7 B B B
9 B
10 B 7
11 7
12 M
13 B
14 B B
15 7
16 B B
17 B
18 B B
19 M
20 M B M
22 B B
23 B
24 B B

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
From what I see, all payouts look to be regulated through the wiper boards.
Wiper boards are well utilized with jumpers to the eighth row.

Only 2 payout strips are being utilized on the payout step up unit, the 20 pay and 100 pay.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
your reel tapes match two sets of tapes:

m-225-[75,76,77]
m-225-[78,79,80]

a note on the docs says the difference is the 78-80 tapes use the 20 stop tape symbol size at each position.  The 20 stop symbols are a little bigger, and they can use those in this case due to the blank cells on either side of most of the positions.

the 831-ZE used the 78-80 tapes and I have the paperwork for that game.  I'll try and get it posted for download in the next day or so. 

there's a bunch (more than 20) of other variants of the 831 that used those tapes also, so the next thing to narrow it down is what is the M-645-xxx number on the payout counter disc on the hopper.

appears the DAT company was making 831 "1767 way" machines out of whatever they had available for parts.

mvco needs a little tweak to his post ... he shoulda said "Looks like it ended it's life as a Bally 831 model" :-)

Offline KaPH33n

• NLG
I've been reading through this thread, and even though it's a different bally machine it's still helping me with my knowledge about payouts.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=7448.0

which led me to
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10831.0

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
put paperwork for the 831-ZE and 831-ZP on http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

except for the schematic, the diagrams are the same for both games, so the files are mostly in the 831-ZE folder.

a major difference between the two games is the ZE ... at least on this schem ... uses the new style hopper while the ZP uses the old.

oddly, the ZE schem is w-1046-1808 while the ZP is w-1046-1017.  In addition, the ZP schem says "831 ZE" on it.  Oh well.

the top row of lugs on reel 1 wiper contact plate diagram labeled "ext" go to the payout counter disc.  Those traces aren't used on your game and looks like the refurb company didn't bother running the wires.

as you can tell from notes on the diagram, the same drawings were used for many games.  In this case, I have two different versions of the w-1041-1939-1941 diagram.  When they redrew it, the left off one note and added another.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:20:58 AM by wolftalk »

Offline KaPH33n

• NLG
Thanks wolftalk! I downloaded all of the files and I will give them a look. I am unfortunately caught up these days moving out of my SF apartment. I will get back to my projects soon, but I need to be out of the apt by the end of the month.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal