New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S plus on s2000 enhanced ss chip error  (Read 6413 times)

Offline Mirage_Chaser

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mirage_Chaser New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S plus on s2000 enhanced ss chip error
« on: August 12, 2014, 12:17:22 PM »
I am trying to put a S plus game on my s2000 enhanced board. I copied my slow chip onto a new m27c512 and copied and pasted the code so that it would be 512k but the machine still has a ss chip error.

Any help would be appreciated.
"I wanna win by winning." J. Lemos

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: S plus on s2000 enhanced ss chip error
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:02 PM »
I don't believe you can use a chip burnt with an offset in an S2000. S+ you can, but not in an S2000. This was talked about on the old site I know. You don't have any 27C64 chips that are -10 or faster? We've gotten by with a -12 (and I believe even a -15 in a pinch, although it's not recommended) on very simple games (single line with just a wild, no Double or Triples).
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »
Are you not able to get S2000 software for your game theme?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 02:59:40 PM »
In my experiences you can use a chip with an offset in a S2000. It should work either way. The problem is likely the speed of the chip. It should be 120ns or faster. Can burn it on a 64k, 128, 256 or 512 with or without offset. In a S plus you must fill the chip if you are using larger than 64k. I am fortunate enough to have some M27C64-120 chips that I can burn the file to one time & work for either S2k or S plus with 10 or 16 mhz boards.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 03:43:29 PM »
Chips must be -12 (120ns or faster)
No offset in an S2000
Only put the data in 0000-1FFF no need to copy it 8 tines

Chip must be placed at the bottom of the socket, like you do when programming it.
Pins 1,2,31,32 of socket are empty.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline Mirage_Chaser

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 05:51:29 PM »
Ok. I have it in the right place but I'll try it with no offset.

The chips I have are all 200ns. Nothing faster that is not 512.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »
:duh: 
120ns or faster.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Mirage_Chaser

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 05:53:49 AM »
Sorry to not be more clear RB. I was responding to an earlier post. The reason I did not use a m27c64 chip is because all of mine are 200ns response or worse. That is why I am trying to use a 512. I am going to give it a try with no offset now.

Offline Mirage_Chaser

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 09:51:21 AM »
Offset or no offset there is no difference.

I did this once before though and I was successful. I used the same chip a ST M27C512 and did do an offset and the game is working. I put it in this new machine and it works but I cannot seem to get it to work with this game.

Any ideas?

Also just for kicks I tried the unaltered ss chip and it comes up with the same ss eprom error.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 10:24:42 AM »
Maybe I'm confused because this is an enhanced board, but do you still need to use an SB1000 in the SB chip socket on the legacy adapter like the setup used on a 500 series board? And if so, do you have one in there?

Offline Mirage_Chaser

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 10:37:50 AM »
I don't know what you mean by legacy adapter...

But yes to get this to work I am using the SB001000 base chip. And it does work like that, just not with the latest game I am trying to do.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »
Do a off set but use a 27C256 with a speed of 120ns or faster  Copy and paste 4 times
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline Mirage_Chaser

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »
Ok I figured something out. The times I have been able to get this to work the s+ chips were 8k and I was offsetting them to 64k. The work and I can get them to work in the machine I am having problems with, however the game I am trying to do now does not work, offset or no offset.

The original data that I am getting from the chip populates from 000000-0000FFFF. Maybe it its self is a copy I am not sure. But try as I might I cannot get this game to work.

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 01:08:41 PM »
DO NOT use any offset when programming a 27C256 or 512 for a S2000 and only put the code in one time.

I came across this in 2007 and figured out no offset and the speed of the chips must be rated for 120ns or faster
The chip I was using was a 27C512 programmed with the offset of C000 for S+ and it was fast enough, It never worked.
As soon as I made a chip with the data starting at 0000 it worked just fine.

Also I have never had a S2000 ruin a  EPROM that was put in backwards, do not try doing it with a S+ you will ruin the SP or SS chip as soon as you apply power. 

Look at the data sheets between a 512, 256 and 64 chip and you will see why the S+ needs the offset and the S2000 does not.

Here are the 2 pins that cause the 27C512 in a S+ to need an offset when programmed for a SS chip

Pin  27c64 27c512
1     Vpp    A15
27    Prog   A14

Pin 27 is active when at logic 0 or 0V - the S+ most likely has these pins tied to Vcc for logic 1. which would explain the need for an offset in a S+ and not needed in the S2000.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:33:41 PM by foster »

Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline Mirage_Chaser

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »
That is great info and thanks! Here is the problem, I tried it with no added offset and it still didn't work. The s+ chip I have looks like a remake. It does not work in the game, and it doesn't work with a new chip that I know works because if I use one of the games that I have done before on this chip it works no problem. So the chip I am trying to copy to works.

Perhaps the original file is already offset and that is why it works in the s+ and not in an s2000 but I cant tell. The data starts at 0000000 and is a 64k file.

We are talking about a red white and blue s+ theme.

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 02:09:22 PM »
Use HxD to extract the 8k of data from C000-DFFF and save to a new file.

When you open the file look at line DF30 it should look like:
".S+..####.IGT...."
the #### would be the SS number in readable form.

When you make the new file that line will be at 1F30.

Which Red White and Blue Theme
FYI There are Base chips available for some if not all Red White and Blue themes.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 02:16:47 PM »
Are you sure your ss chips is an ss not an st(st being tournament software not st the chip manufacturer).

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »
Here are the 2 pins that cause the 27C512 in a S+ to need an offset when programmed for a SS chip

Pin  27c64 27c512
1     Vpp    A15
27    Prog   A14

Pin 27 is active when at logic 0 or 0V - the S+ most likely has these pins tied to Vcc for logic 1. which would explain the need for an offset in a S+ and not needed in the S2000.

on a 27c64 pin 27 is program enable if it is active low you would want it high while reading. on a lot of eproms a14 and a15 can be used for something called bank switching when one of these pins is connected to vcc (normally through a 4.7k or 10k resistor) it makes the eprom change its offset.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal