New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: inputs shorted  (Read 7435 times)

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
inputs shorted
« on: August 23, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »
we been playing this game  5 reel cleo for past 2 day today ir came up extra coin  from hopper , its coinless  , then it went to inputs shorted  if you go into test  buttons on front panel won't do anything , I swapped both both boards on door  with each other still same error, any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:51:25 PM by cowboygames »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: inputs shorted
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:52:22 AM »
Could be something in your netplex chain.  Systematically start removing netplex devices to see if it fixes the issue.  I would start by unplugging the printer.  Power on and see if the error persists, then the validator.  Do you have your meters connected?  if so, try using the meter disconnect trick (short the two leftmost pins on the meter connector harness.  For orientation, have the wires down and the little center tab looking at you.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »
no printer   will try  meters it once showed meter disconnected

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:27:30 PM »
its not going to be a netplex problem. the hopper, coin in, and buttons are senet devices. the problem diagnosing senet problems is they auto address themselves. if one device is faulty and not detecting the next device in the chain may have the wrong address and give false errors. based on your problems i would try swaping the io board that is attached to the side of the mpu tray. it controls the hopper the arm and meters. you may also have a bad buffer chip or senet control chip on your mpu.

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »
thanks i'll give that a try  since when it start started it said hopper over pay them  meters  then to inputs shorted  ,if I go back to the store on tue and if  it works i'll know its a  heat related thing  since  today was  1st time on for more than 5 hours and was very hot here today
 :thank_you:

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 01:52:21 PM »
Yes heat may be a problem too. It's strange that you are getting problems that are frome 2 different senet chains. The mpu overheating makes a little sence.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 05:32:01 PM »
Senet, I stand corrected.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 09:30:51 PM »
my intent wasn't to prove you wrong just i have done a lot of research into senet and how it works. a few of the systems in these can be confusing and kind of picky at times. i don't see why igt chose to use 2 different types of data bus i think netplex is quite a bit faster tho. in fact in playing with senet just for fun we tryed to key in 1000 credits simulating coin in. the result was quite hilarious it would put in abought 100 credits over the span of a few seconds, then because the way the addressing works it would stop for a wile as it cycles through the other devices and then add 100 more and start over.

while typing this i also thought of a possible cause to your problem if the address line for senet is down none of the devices will know when its there turn to talk and may cause strange errors like you are getting. this idea would be hard to test tho with out a logic analyzer or oscilloscope.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 09:41:20 PM »
This is why I love this place.  The last thing I want to have, is wrong information, so when somebody has the right answer, then, that's a win for me too, as I learn new stuff.  Netplex and Senet has alway been something of a mystery as they are no open standards, so any information is greatly appreaciated.  Believe me, I take no offense.  :hail: :hail: :hail:

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 09:49:20 PM »
the site has a lot of smart people on it but i bet very few of us actually have training on these things. i do it because i like to know how things work and some times i make some money doing it. i have a list someware of what parts are senet and what are netplex(as far as i can tell) i should find it and post it.

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 11:05:28 PM »
Here is a list for basic S2000

SENET:
  Door I/O cards 1 or 2 cards depending on Config
    All player buttons
    Comparator
    Coin in Optics
    Coin path solenoid either to hopper or drop bucket in stand
    Player Display 5-5-2 or 6-6-3 denom touch pad has its interface chips on the 6-6-3
    Display on left side of reels (4 line display or 9 line display)
    5 line light box
    Jumper in door harness to signal mpu it is an upright.

Cabinet I/O
    Hopper
    Bell
    Jackpot to credits reset switch (for W-2G purposes)
    Physical Accounting Meters
    Handle solenoid and switch
    Candle
    Reel Back Light Controller
    Elvis jumper

Top Box
    Mini Progressive display 7-segment version

NETPLEX:
   Bill Acceptor
   Printer(s)  there is a provision for 2 but voucher/ticket printer always is printer 2
   VFD
   Spectrum Progressive display
   Bonus device
   Aux Dot Matrix Display

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:24:47 AM by foster »
Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 12:34:55 AM »
only things i see you missed foster is the controller for reel lights. the candle is controled by the Cabinet I/O card, and some people say the optics for the reels, the Cabinet I/O does have 5 unlabeled inputs that may support this but i have no proof that that's what they are.

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 01:38:01 AM »
I was doing it from memory and forgot those two, I edited to add them, thanks

Now those 3 + 1 reel games, where the 1 reel has like various multiplier and/or haywire symbols on it, I have not figured out how it connects.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 01:43:35 AM »
I have one i will look at it.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 05:05:09 AM »
The bonus reel has a harness that connects to a senet molex on the motherboard.

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 06:27:04 AM »
good job rickhunter. im sure it uses a more that one system to drive it (i think the stepper is ran off one of the reel drivers just like the normal reels). but my question now is should one of us start a new topic with the info we have gathered here. just a basic how to on each system, what parts belong to which one and tips on how to diagnose problems with each. then a moderator and make it a sticky.

never mind i see a lot of it is already in troubleshooting.

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 04:18:29 PM »
went to store tonite where cleo is  changed  input board on outside of cpu  , with one we know is  good , still the same, heading back thur morning with cpu, power supply and other 2 small boards  , the next 5 days we do 90% of what we do all year in store so I hope to get this running

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 01:12:55 PM »
was cpu  any ideas what went bad on cpu

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 02:01:47 PM »
Probably the actel chip that controles the senet I think it's some kind of programable gate aray.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal