New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Touchscreen issue Bally Alpha Pro 2 Grease to UFL  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Luckbox

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Luckbox New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Touchscreen issue Bally Alpha Pro 2 Grease to UFL
« on: April 18, 2021, 01:19:23 PM »

Hey slot peeps, this is my first post on NLG. I have a Bally’s alpha pro 2 grease pink ladies cabinet that I’m making a fire link. I installed the fire link OS and Game and ram cleared. After boot up it goes all the way to end point where one is able to set up but the touchscreen sensor isn’t responding. There is no touchscreen error or any error for that matter. It just doesn’t respond. Neither the 22in touch nor the larger 42in are responding. I turned the attendant key to attempt touch calibration but not responding here either. Any suggestions would help.

Offline MrZiggZaggz

• Reputation Power: 3
  • MrZiggZaggz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Touchscreen issue Bally Alpha Pro 2 Grease to UFL
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 01:28:08 PM »
Check plugs? Unplug the touch-screen harness and plug it back in?
Thats the only thing I can think of but im kinda going through the same thing.
What cant be seen will most likely show up.

Offline Luckbox

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 01:43:53 PM »
I've done this. Tried ram clearing, resetting the board, touchscreen recalibration and still same thing.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 02:15:39 PM »
Did you switch touchscreen cables around?  If you were using the cabinet as a 22/32 then you switch to a game that is only a V32.  You have to switch the touchscreen serial cables around, so that the top monitor's touchscreen serial cable is using the top serial port on the mpu.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 02:47:42 PM »
Oh, boy, a frankenalpha 2.  I bet you are located in Texas..............Is that top monitor a touch screen monitor.  Looks like a TV.  Your machine was set up as a 22/42 with a game that does not require a touch screen up there.  So if your upper screen does not have a touch screen then you can't set that game up using the top monitor.

However, there is a work around for that but will wait for your response regarding touch screen capability of the top screen.

If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Luckbox

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 02:54:11 PM »
 The touchscreen for the top monitor doesn't have a touch cable that plugs into the cpu. I believe it is wired directly to the backplane. There is a box below the top monitor that has the SD video cable and an 8 pin connector. Im assuming the touchscreen power & data wires and monitor power wires are located here.  @rickhunter yes it has a touchscreen sensor on it. It is a 42inch lg panel model lc420eun-sfm1 with touchscreen sensor.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 03:30:26 PM »
The data sheet on that model LG panel indicates that it does not come with a touch screen unless whoever assembled that added it.  In any case the Fire Link games don't use a touch screen during play so you can set the game up on that 22" monitor (yes, it's sideways), select a denomination to play, then turn the machine off, and then swap video inputs to the top monitor leaving the touch cable connected to the 22".  I have tried this on a 22/32 and it works.

Offline Luckbox

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 04:13:48 PM »
I am unable to select anything using either touchscreen. The game loads up until the setup point. That is as far as it goes.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 04:39:43 PM »
You need to disconnect the top monitor.  Connect the bottom monitor as the main monitor.  Once you get to the setup screen, you have to calibrate the monitor so it understands the touchpoints "sideways".

Also you do not "hardwire" the touchscreen to the backplane, there is no place for that to work.  The secondary touchscreen is only seen on the secondary serial port on the mpu.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Luckbox

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 04:49:41 PM »
Ok so the only the touchscreen on the 22in monitor will work with these? The top monitor has an 8 pin connector on it that powers the monitor and I believe the touchscreen as well. I traced the wires to the back plane, which is why I stated that it was hardwired. I'm just unsure if the 42 touchscreen is compatible with the firelink software. Is there a way to trick it into working.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 04:52:29 PM »
No, as Rick stated there is no connection at the backplane

Offline Luckbox

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2021, 04:58:02 PM »
Ok thanks for the info. This cabinet was originally a grease pink ladies. I wanted to change it to a game that's more popular to get better play. Any recommendations? Also I will be selling the topper and lights.

Offline Luckbox

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 07:09:39 PM »
Ok so I did what was suggested by Rick and ram cleared to find it say primary touchscreen device error.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 05:12:50 AM »
Assuming you are doing the sideways setup at this point. Connect the touch screen serial cable to the top port of the CPU and the other end to the 22",  make sure the 22" has power so the CPU will communicate with it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal