New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Changed Glass and now IGame troubles  (Read 2448 times)

Offline SilverFerret

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SilverFerret New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Changed Glass and now IGame troubles
« on: June 21, 2023, 06:26:53 PM »
Hello,
I changed my glass (done this many times) and went to turn on the machine and just get a slight beeping noise and flashing light from the part pictured (not sure what those are called or what they do). I was getting ready to take pics to ask on this board and tried to start it to see the flashing light and it fired up just fine. I had to step out for a half an hour and when I got back, the machine was off and what I previously described was happening again.
Any ideas of what may have happened?
Thanks, Jim
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 03:26:49 PM by Tilt »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Changed Glass and now IGame troubles
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 07:04:32 PM »
Not sure how changing the glass would cause any problems like that.  Perhaps just a coincidence?  The two cards on the left in your picture are the I/O cards.  With the power off pull them out and re-seat them and see if that helps or not.

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 07:22:55 PM »
Not sure how changing the glass would cause any problems like that.  Perhaps just a coincidence?  The two cards on the left in your picture are the I/O cards.  With the power off pull them out and re-seat them and see if that helps or not.
Appreciate the response. I’ve done what you mentioned and even used contact spray with no luck.
Yeah I’m sure it was strictly coincidental that this happened after a glass change. I’m thinking it has to be some sort of connection issue since it did fire up.
Thanks again, Jim

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 09:52:26 PM »
Check your +13VDC and +25VDC power supply outputs.  A failing power supply can cause some odd symptoms. 

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 06:43:35 AM »
Check your +13VDC and +25VDC power supply outputs.  A failing power supply can cause some odd symptoms.
Forgive me but how might I go about that, and what results would I be looking for?
Thanks, Jim

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 10:09:09 AM »
Do these I/O cards ever go bad? Seems like a good place to start.
Thanks, Jim

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023, 10:59:44 AM »
Do these I/O cards ever go bad?
Yep...they burn out if you remove or insert them while the machine's power switch is [ON].
Other than that, they last 20 years or more.
I've seen an S2000 with possible original cards I/O cards in it...a gaming commission put tamper-proof stickers on them dated Feb.19th, 2001.
That's roughly 22 years ago....( I'm not good at math...lol)
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2023, 11:31:43 AM »
Do these I/O cards ever go bad?
Yep...they burn out if you remove or insert them while the machine's power switch is [ON].
Other than that, they last 20 years or more.
I've seen an S2000 with possible original cards I/O cards in it...a gaming commission put tamper-proof stickers on them dated Feb.19th, 2001.
That's roughly 22 years ago....( I'm not good at math...lol)
Thanks,
Here's a pic of the one that has a stamped casing. Not 100% sure if that stamp that says 08/00 is a date stamp but the machine date is 11/00 so it makes sense. I also don't understand the sticker date code.
If it lines up to be that old, should that be something to replace as a first item? If so are they available?
Thanks, Jim

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2023, 02:23:14 PM »
I was back tracking what needed to be done to change the glass and to change the top glass, the monitor needed to be pulled out, so I moved the monitor around a bit and hit the on switch and it began to turn on. Then I tried closing the door which has the bezel that makes contact with the monitor, and as soon as pressure was applied to the monitor from the door, it shut off again. What is there that the monitor has that would play a part in this situation? Seems like the only connection is the 19 pin connector. Seems like it avoids other wires entirely.
Very odd, Jim
P.S. If I take the monitor out. The machine fires up. I put it back in and it doesn't. At least I'm on to something.

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2023, 02:38:11 PM »
Problem solved:
Turns out two wires on the monitor got pinched (one actually breaking) when put the monitor back in. Seems they had a lot of play and fell through the rectangular hole in the bottom of the monitor frame (see pic). Just stripped the wires and used some wire connectors and now everything appears to be back to normal.
Thanks for the responses I got and for the help you gave.
Jim

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2023, 02:48:38 PM »
Glad it was a simple fix.  Looks like it was the power wires for the touchscreen controller board that got damaged.  Probably shorted out the +13vdc supply and shut it down.  I like to check the ps outputs right at the motherboard where the power supply plugs into it.  Red wire is 13v, orange is +25.

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2023, 02:53:09 PM »
Glad it was a simple fix.  Looks like it was the power wires for the touchscreen controller board that got damaged.  Probably shorted out the +13vdc supply and shut it down.  I like to check the ps outputs right at the motherboard where the power supply plugs into it.  Red wire is 13v, orange is +25.
Appreciate the help.
Jim

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2023, 05:01:48 PM »
That'll last until the wire connector falls off and shorts again.  :no:

Solder the ends together, and cover with heat shrink tubing or you'll be crying.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal