New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma SG-50 power supplies replacement help  (Read 3202 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Sigma SG-50 power supplies replacement help
« on: August 02, 2023, 09:30:29 AM »
Hello all, I have a Sigma SG-50 I think it is. The model number actually says W4213. When I got the machine from the guy he said it worked great and then one day it just would not work. I have checked it out and it has the three different power supplies behing the reels. 5v 12v 24v. The fuses are good in all three power supplies. All three supplies have 120v AC going into them.  The 5v and 12v are dead and the 24v is only putting out 19v. The LED lights on the 24v but not on 5v and 12v. With all three of them really bad I dont think it is worth trying to fix them. From what I can tell the capacitors all look good. Has anyone replaced these three power supplies with a switching power supply that puts out all three voltages. Any other suggestions for replacing them would be greatly appreciated. The original supplies 5v at 5A, 12v at 4.2A and 24v at 2.1A. Also does anyone know what the board is in the top box? (Last pic) Here are a few pics of machine. Thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Sigma SG-50 power supplies replacement help
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 12:18:10 PM »
Find a compatible Switch mode 3 volt power supply from Meanwell and remove those older supplies.
I did that on our last 3 repairs and it worked perfectly.
You have to consider those original supplies are probably 20 years or older.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 12:35:48 PM »
Badbaud, thanks for the reply. The original power supplies are 5v at 5A 12v at 4.2A 24v at 2.1A
The one I was looking at is RT-125D meanwell. The amps are different on it. They are
136W 5V/8A 24V/3A 12V/2A
The 12v amp is lower. I want to make sure I get one that will work.  Thankx

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 01:43:31 PM »
good plan

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 03:17:12 PM »
Badbaud, do you know if the one I referenced would work? Can you tell me what you used to replace the three power supplies on the ones you did? Thanks

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 07:43:49 AM »
A Meanwell power supply was suggested. Are they a lot better power supply. Would the other ones out there be ok? I know they have to be thin enough to fit behind the reel mechanism. Anyone have any particular supply suggestions that would meet my needs with what specs I have posted. I have never done anything like this before and just want to make sure I get what I need. Thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 08:13:42 AM »
Badbaud, do you know if the one I referenced would work? Can you tell me what you used to replace the three power supplies on the ones you did? Thanks
Not sure why these are not bouncing to me?
Sorry, that was a while ago, I had 10 tri voltage power supplies in stock to be used on S5000 power supply conversions.
Since then they have all been installed.
The first step to finding a substitute power supply is to write down your goal.
What is the DC voltage and current ratings on the supplies you want to replace?

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 08:31:19 AM »
The original power supplies are
5v at 5A
12v at 4.2A
24v at 2.1A

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 11:44:56 AM »
The Meanwell RQ-125B can handle the 5 Volt and 12 Volt requirements.
I have never seen the 24V power supply go bad. If yours is bad you will have to find a power supply that outputs 24VDC and can handle at least 2 Amps of load.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 12:05:35 PM »
The 24v power supply only puts out 19v so something is not right with it. 19v would not be right would it. Thanks

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 12:08:12 PM »
At over 30 years old I was thinking I should probably replace all 3.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 01:30:22 PM »
go for it

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2023, 05:14:19 AM »
I had the same problem. I found 3 switching power supplies on amazon or ebay with similar ratings. The new ones are physically smaller and the screws are closer together so I had to work at getting the connectors under the screws. If the amps are close or over you are fine. If you are checking the 24v without load it might read low. I think the only 24v I could find was 5A. As long as it physically fits in the space its fine.

Chris

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2023, 07:25:39 AM »
 So I guess which ever way I go I would just cap off the the 120v input wires I do not need to use. I am not sure how it is all hooked up since i have not taken it all apart yet. I wonder if this supply would work or if it is a cheap unit.
The original supplies are
5v    5A
12v  4.2A
24v  2.1A
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RT54H9V/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?smid=AHPGS6EZ4OZ6M&psc=1

The one from link
Input Voltage: 110V/220V 50Hz-60Hz
Output Voltage: +5V/8A +12/7A +24V/5A
Dimension: 160mm×98mm×38mm
Durable: Yes
It is 1.53 inches deep

Thanks

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2023, 07:54:02 AM »
I believe I have those supplies, just got back from vacation, will look later and see what I have,

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2023, 01:06:11 PM »
So I guess which ever way I go I would just cap off the the 120v input wires I do not need to use. I am not sure how it is all hooked up since i have not taken it all apart yet. I wonder if this supply would work or if it is a cheap unit.
The original supplies are
5v    5A
12v  4.2A
24v  2.1A
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RT54H9V/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?smid=AHPGS6EZ4OZ6M&psc=1

The one from link
Input Voltage: 110V/220V 50Hz-60Hz
Output Voltage: +5V/8A +12/7A +24V/5A
Dimension: 160mm×98mm×38mm
Durable: Yes
It is 1.53 inches deep

Thanks

Technical specs are fine but look at where the wires terminate and how many there are, It is physically set up for 3 power supplies. You will now have 3 common wires that need to be merged. Not a big deal but be aware.
you will likely need to run extensions and splice into the existing wires depending on where you physically mount the PS.

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2023, 01:22:26 PM »
 It sure if yours is the same design but this is how mine looked after switching to modern switching power supplies.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2023, 07:17:06 PM »
I did find these:  the three set has the 5-12 and 24  supply,  the two set are 5-12 volt supply, also found tested boards for slot and poker, along with cc-16  and black optic sensors.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2023, 12:18:48 PM »
I got the three Meanwell power supplies ordered today. I will report back how it goes when I get them in and installed. Thanks

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2023, 01:01:04 PM »
I finally got my 3 Meanwell power supplies in and installed in the machine. I have good news and bad news. When I first turned the machine on it came up and said RAMS WRONG. So I opened the door and turned the reset. It then said insert coin. I inserted a coin and it accepted it. I then hit the START button and the reels started spinning.  It then gave me an error (NO SPIN 3). I can not get it to clear. All three of the reels do spin. Does anyone know what would cause this error? Here is a pic after I got the new power supplies installed on the metal plate. Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal