New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT 19" Panda from 044 to 3902 Change, no Video on LCD  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
IGT 19" Panda from 044 to 3902 Change, no Video on LCD
« on: September 05, 2023, 12:01:52 PM »
Good day all,

I know a similar topic has been discussed several times before, and I've read all of the relevant posts, but my problem is not the same as the Ceronix 3902 to 044 Jumper settings.

I'm actually converting backwards and do not have the Ceronix 19", it's a Tovis.

So, basically what I'm doing is converting a 19" Panda Cabinet from an 044 Enhanced MPU to a 3902 for a customer that wants a specific Game Set. I'll use my 044 parts for another project.

When I swapped over the Backplane to the 960 and put in a good 3902 MPU, I received no video on the LCD. i've tried 3 other Backplanes and 3 good MPUs.

If I power up with the MPU removed, I see the No Video Signal displayed on the LCD. I cannot access the Menu Settings on the LCD, with or without the MPU present. I just have a black screen.

I can reinstall my Enhanced Backplane and everything works with the 044 MPU, just not the other way around.

There is a set of 4 pins on the rear of the Tovis AD Board with the top pair jumped. I moved it to the lower pair, and still don't have video input. Thought it might be like the Ceronix fix.

So, I'm pretty stumped at this point.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Curtis ash100
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 01:34:26 PM by Ash100 »
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT 19" Panda from 044 to 3902 Change, no Video on LCD
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 12:27:22 PM »
Which set are you installing?  Some old 4.x sets do not go thru all the colors.  You just get a blank screen for awhile until it boots up.  Are you giving it enough time to boot up?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 02:09:15 PM »
Your Tovis probably has a setting in the monitor's menu for 044, 039 or AVP.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 01:34:01 PM »
Thanks for the inputs, got it solved.

Since I couldn't access the Monitor Menu with the 3902 components installed, I put all of the 044 parts back in, set up a game, then was able to access the menu since I had a picture on the display.

I changed the Sreen Selector to 039, made sure it stayed, powered down, removed 044 parts, re-installed 039 stuff and was finally able to set up the game I was trying to originally install.

Just didn't make sense that the screen wouldn't come on at all without having the 044 components installed.

But I'm good to go now!

Thanks,

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal