New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 ERROR CODE  (Read 8665 times)

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: S2000 ERROR CODE
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2023, 03:09:00 PM »
It's not a setting, assuming it accepts old 100s. 

The "new' 50 came out over 25 years ago.
The "new" 100, 10 years ago.

The firmware in your validator is somewhere between those dates.

You would need a firmware update for the bill validator to accept the new 100s.  I'm also not sure how to update it (nor do I know if we can) as it has never been an issue I've come across.

Offline Pinaddicted

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Pinaddicted New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2023, 09:06:26 PM »
This slot was working fine for a couple days, now I have a couple new error codes...

EEPROM Error
and
EEPROM DEVICE ERROR -0x4

Before I got it working, I believe someone mentioned that I might need a new SB001000 stepper base chip??? Are these known to work sometimes and not other times? If this is the problem do I just replace the chip, or will it need keyed again also?

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 06:57:48 AM by Pinaddicted »

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2023, 12:06:48 PM »
Some more strange things...

I have a 1952-0 board, I assume this is what you call a 520 board?

When I use my IVC00224 clear chip in the machine, the top light is solid and the second light is flashing. What does that mean when they both aren't solid?

Thanks, Mark

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2023, 05:31:10 PM »
No such thing.
You either have a 502 or a 504 MPU.
Did you NOT read Reply #18? :Scratch-Head:
They suggested that you post some pictures.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2023, 05:57:14 PM »
Here's my board...

Offline lookes

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2023, 05:59:09 PM »
SS Chip is installed wrong.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2023, 06:09:03 PM »
I've changed that SS chip to a SS6992 since that pic was taken, the new one is installed correctly, everything else is the same.

Offline dailey

• Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2023, 06:57:15 PM »
The SB chip isn't fully seated.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2023, 04:49:54 AM »
This slot was working fine for a couple days, now I have a couple new error codes...
EEPROM Error
and
EEPROM DEVICE ERROR -0x4

You may need to change the 8-pin chip (16k, Serial, 24C16) on the backplane board, as it would be positioned in an upright cabinet.
IGT calls the backplane a "motherboard".
That circuit board IS etched with the word "MOTHERBOARD" in white lettering, it's same thing really.
Anyways, when that memory chip has problems, that error shows up on the VFD display.
Slide out the MPU, take a clear photo of the backplane board the MPU slides onto, and I can show you the location of the chip that needs to be replaced.

I'll take a look  :sherlock: for some backplane drawings and see if I can post it for ya.

***UPDATE***

Okay...I found an old picture I took of a 960 backplane board.
You can clearly see I've pointed out the EEPROM chip in the socket at location [U2] with a green circle.
It's orientation in the socket is upwards, as noted by the indentation on the device body.
Click on the photo I posted below to enlarge, if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 08:33:54 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2023, 05:04:48 PM »
Thanks for the response, I located that chip on my backplane board. Looks like the board will have to be removed to be able to get to that chip. :(

I have an unused 8 pin chip along with 3 others mentioned earlier that came with the slot from the previous owner, maybe that's the correct one. I'll have to check the numbers on it.

Update.... looks like the unused chip I have is a 24C04N
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 05:55:23 PM by Pinaddicted »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2023, 08:14:51 PM »
The backplane board doesn't need to be removed to take that small 8-pin chip out of the socket.
Slide out the MPU, use a simple, small bent screwdriver to pry it out patly at both ends, little by little, then reach in and pull out the chip with your fingertips.  :cool_thumb_up:
Take your time.
This is a hobby...not a job.  :yes:

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2023, 05:25:19 AM »
OK, my replacement 24C16 and SB001000 chips should arrive in the mail today. Is there anything else I need to do before/after I install these two chips?

Thanks

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2023, 09:13:20 AM »
Take your time...make sure all the chip pins are their sockets in the correct direction.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2023, 10:31:15 AM »
EEPROM Error
and
EEPROM DEVICE ERROR -0x4

You may need to change the 8-pin chip (16k, Serial, 24C16) on the backplane board, as it would be positioned in an upright cabinet.
IGT calls the backplane a "motherboard".
That circuit board IS etched with the word "MOTHERBOARD" in white lettering, it's same thing really.
Anyways, when that memory chip has problems, that error shows up on the VFD display.
Slide out the MPU, take a clear photo of the backplane board the MPU slides onto, and I can show you the location of the chip that needs to be replaced.

I'll take a look  :sherlock: for some backplane drawings and see if I can post it for ya.

***UPDATE***

Okay...I found an old picture I took of a 960 backplane board.
You can clearly see I've pointed out the EEPROM chip in the socket at location [U2] with a green circle.
It's orientation in the socket is upwards, as noted by the indentation on the device body.
Click on the photo I posted below to enlarge, if needed...>>>

Be careful, they can be orientated the other way too depending on the board PN/Rev.  Look at the artwork on the board and install it accordingly.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2023, 11:05:42 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, I installed the 24C16 correctly. (a little tight but I got it in) Working on the clear/key process now, I'll post the results when I'm finished.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2023, 03:25:25 PM »
Geat photo Tilt!  :yes:
I learned something new today on those sockets.  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2023, 03:55:03 PM »
Ok, I had it going and then screwed something up adjusting the game volume...  did a total reset/key again and now the bill validator does not work. Guessing I didn't set it to coinless in the settings?

Questions...

If I redo the key process without doing a clear, does it save all the previous settings and all I need to do is enable the coinless setting? ... or do I need to set everything again?

Thanks, Mark

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2023, 04:04:31 PM »
That's correct.  If you don't clear it the only thing that will get changed is whatever settings you change using the keychip.  Coinless mode disables the hopper and the coin comparitor.  Try doing a netplex autoconfig, that may be all it needs.

Offline Pinaddicted

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2023, 04:11:51 PM »
How do I do a netplex autoconfig, doesn't it do that during boot up or am I thinking of something else?

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2023, 04:35:13 PM »
Are Clear chip IVC00224 and Key00045 the correct ones to use? The previous owner also gave me these three chips.... IGT S+ Ram Clear, IGT S+ BV ON/OFF, and IGT S+ SP 731

Yes they are 224 and 45 are backwards compatible with all previous clear and key chip.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal