New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bill acceptor stopped  (Read 1357 times)

Offline nort99

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • nort99 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bill acceptor stopped
« on: November 22, 2023, 03:16:40 PM »
My S2000 double triple diamond built in 2001 has always worked greats. But I got into the setting and now my Bill Acceptor does not even light up. I did find where to disable it or enable it I think I have it on.  But maybe not could use help on getting it to work again.  Thanks
Happy Thanksgiving!

Moved to S2000 forum
~moderator
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 03:26:34 PM by shortrackskater »
Do Today What You Can For Tomorrow MY Never Come

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bill acceptor stopped
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 03:25:53 PM »
Goto menu 3.3.1 and see if it shows enabled there.  If not change it to enabled.

Offline nort99

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 06:54:56 PM »
Goto menu 3.3.1 and see if it shows enabled there.  If not change it to enabled.

Yes it is says enabled. I get an error message sometimes that says Bill Validator stacker error.  I see nothing in the validator or bill holder down below. All belts look good, motors turn by hand easy, all gears seem to move ok. What else could I have messed up? Like I said I have been all over the setting, so I could have messed something else up also.  I do not hear it engage " Bill Validator " when I start the machine back up.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 07:11:54 PM »
Ok.  Try going to menu 4.3 and run the Auto-configure Netplex devices option.

Offline nort99

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 10:01:47 AM »
Ok.  Try going to menu 4.3 and run the Auto-configure Netplex devices option.

I did this as you suggested. I ran the auto-configure. Printer not responding It doesn't have a printer. Ran auto-configure on bill accepter it goes into progress then it said installed. The next down says spectrum display not responding. Not sure what that is?

I did take out the bill validate and open up the validate on the very top front. Stuck a $20 dollar bill half way in and closed the validate down on it. Put the bill accepter back in place and closed the door. It cycled and took my bill in and put it where it was supposed to go. BUT still does not light up or take any bills after that.  So at least that tells me it is working as far as the motors and belts are concerned.
So somewhere I still have it messed up I guess?
Thanks for all your help!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 12:12:50 PM »
I'm probably not going to be much help, but one thing did come to mind. Do you have a lot of credits on the machine ? If your credit limit is set too low, the bill validator will stop accepting bills. Check your limits in the Options menu.

Offline nort99

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2023, 01:04:32 PM »
I'm probably not going to be much help, but one thing did come to mind. Do you have a lot of credits on the machine ? If your credit limit is set too low, the bill validator will stop accepting bills. Check your limits in the Options menu.

I might have the credit limit set to high. Would that effect it?

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 01:20:48 PM »
Your credit limit can never be set too high. That should not effect it.

If you have an MEI Cashflow bill validator, sometimes they can act up. With the power off, remove the head and reseat it. Sometimes this will clear up a bad connection.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2023, 03:40:08 PM »
Spectrum display is for games that have a progressive display in the top box.  Yours doesn't, so that why it wasn't responding.

I was going to suggest what dailey did in his post to check the limits.  Beyond that I don't know what you could have done in the settings that would disable the validator. 

You could run the bill validator test from the operator menus.  Goto 4.8.1.  When you go into test mode the front bezel should light up.  If your cash can door switch has been bypassed it will tell you the door is closed.  When you insert a bill it should accept it, and give it back.  The VFD will show you the denomination of the bill inserted.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 03:56:15 PM by Tilt »

Offline nort99

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2023, 10:37:06 AM »
Spectrum display is for games that have a progressive display in the top box.  Yours doesn't, so that why it wasn't responding.

I was going to suggest what dailey did in his post to check the limits.  Beyond that I don't know what you could have done in the settings that would disable the validator. 

You could run the bill validator test from the operator menus.  Goto 4.8.1.  When you go into test mode the front bezel should light up.  If your cash can door switch has been bypassed it will tell you the door is closed.  When you insert a bill it should accept it, and give it back.  The VFD will show you the denomination of the bill inserted.

I did the 4.8.1 test on the bill validator; it starts the test and says bill = then it say door closed. It does not light up or take the bill unless I open the validator top and swing it open and insert a bill about 3/4 of the way then close the validator down, then I have to pull the whole unit out and just slide it back in then it cycles and take the bill but still no lights or amount showing?  I can see the red little lights on the validator when I raise it up, so it has power going to it.

Is there away to just put it back the whole machine back to defaut, and maybe the bill part will start working again? Thanks

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2023, 10:55:49 AM »
There's something wrong with your validator.  In test mode it ignores and machine limit settings and enables the validator for the test.  What type of validator do you have installed?  If you're not sure post a picture and we can tell you from that.

Yes, the machine can be returned to default settings using a clear chip.  I don't recommend doing that at this point because most people do not use default settings and it's a bit of work to get it back to the way it was working before.

Offline nort99

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2023, 11:38:45 AM »
There's something wrong with your validator.  In test mode it ignores and machine limit settings and enables the validator for the test.  What type of validator do you have installed?  If you're not sure post a picture and we can tell you from that.

Yes, the machine can be returned to default settings using a clear chip.  I don't recommend doing that at this point because most people do not use default settings and it's a bit of work to get it back to the way it was working before.

here are the pictures of it.

Offline nort99

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2023, 11:40:26 AM »
one more

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2023, 12:12:15 PM »
It's a WBA 12 or 13 validator.  If you flip the transport over and see an EPROM chip in a socket, it's a WBA 13.  If it has a thin chip soldered to the board then it's a WBA-12. 

It looks to me like it may have gone bad.  Really the only way to find out for sure it to replace it with a working one.  It should have lit the bezel and took in a bill in test mode and it's not doing that.

Offline nort99

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2023, 03:30:52 PM »
It's a WBA 12 or 13 validator.  If you flip the transport over and see an EPROM chip in a socket, it's a WBA 13.  If it has a thin chip soldered to the board then it's a WBA-12. 

It looks to me like it may have gone bad.  Really the only way to find out for sure it to replace it with a working one.  It should have lit the bezel and took in a bill in test mode and it's not doing that.
Bottom pictures. One looks like it is a battery?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2023, 04:16:04 PM »
No, there aren't any batteries in the validator.  The cylindrical components are capacitors.  You have a WBA-12 as it has the flash chip on the bottom. 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2023, 07:46:17 AM »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline nort99

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2023, 10:06:30 AM »
No, there aren't any batteries in the validator.  The cylindrical components are capacitors.  You have a WBA-12 as it has the flash chip on the bottom.

Is there someone on here that sells this stuff? I don't see any topics on stuff for sale? Thanks for all your help and reply's.

Offline nort99

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2023, 10:08:28 AM »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2023, 10:13:44 AM »
Is there someone on here that sells this stuff? I don't see any topics on stuff for sale? Thanks for all your help and reply's.

Link to classifieds: https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=4.0 

Jim at Midwest Slots probably has whatever you need: https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=39 Send him a PM.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal