New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S-2000 Door Open MB & Bill Validator Stacker open Error  (Read 473 times)

Offline rgregory

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • rgregory New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S-2000 Door Open MB & Bill Validator Stacker open Error
« on: March 14, 2024, 06:15:39 AM »
Hi Folks,

New to the forum and new owner of a 2006 IGT S-2000 Triple Lucky Strike 5 reel machine. I purchased this from a friend recently who had it sitting in his garage for years. When I initially powered up the machine it had a RAM Error and didn't come with a reset key. After replacing the 3v wafer battery and getting a reset key I was able to get it to boot up by the 4 turns of the key and pressing the button for 3 seconds on the MPU. Now I have a Door Open MB and Bill Validator Stacker Open errors. The cash box door switch has be disconnected, and the wires twisted together wit a wire nut. The main door optical sensors are still connected and I have tried to check their alignment. The belly door switch seams to be working, when I open the door and cycle the switch it will clear the "B" for a little while but it come back again. Based on what I've read so far I'm assuming it may be corrosion damage to the MPU from leaky Varta battery that was removed previously. I'll several pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Ross

Offline rgregory

• NLG
Re: IGT S-2000 Door Open MB & Bill Validator Stacker open Error
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 06:24:01 AM »
Having issues posting pic's. Apparently my jpeg files are to large for this forum (KB vs MB). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ross

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 07:47:04 AM »
Generally if you get Door Open MB, it is the MPU. A Door Open M could be optics misaligned or bad, or a belly door switch, or bad MPU. Door Open B alone could be the bill validator door switch, or a bad MPU.

Since it boots up, it's more than likely repairable.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline hotlsot

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 08:38:04 AM »
is this a 5xx board or a1270? Is the varta battery still on the board or has it been removed?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 08:44:16 AM »
Having issues posting pic's. Apparently my jpeg files are to large for this forum (KB vs MB). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ross

Attachments need to be 1MB or less in size to post.  Resize the picture as necessary to get under that limit.

Offline rgregory

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 09:48:45 AM »
I compressed the jpeg's so here we go.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 08:40:06 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline hotlsot

• Reputation Power: 63
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 09:57:29 AM »
looks like a bad trace on that board. You'll need to get that one repaired or buy another one.

Offline stlscott

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • stlscott New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 07:13:46 AM »
MPU

As Hotlsots said, several bad traces on the board that look damaged.  Also, U79 is still on the board and that can cause issues at times with Door-Open issues too.  When I remove the Varda I also remove U79 on the 502 boards as well.  Sometimes it works without removing it but if it's not needed and can cause issues, why keep it (when you're doing a Varda job anyway). 

Regarding your images, if you're using Windows, just open them in the built in (usually Default) W10 or W11 Photo Viewer.  Click the  3 dots on the top bar and select "RESIZE IMAGE".  Change to "percent" and set to 50 or 60%.  It will show you the "current" and New" file sizes in the lower area of that window. Click SAVE and then save it to your "downloads" or some other temp folder location.  Images posted to NLG must be less than 1000k (1meg) and this method will allow you to easily get below 1mb.  If you're on a mac, someone else will have to give you instructions.

Regarding repair - Reach out to Lookes for help, he's the GO TO guy for board repairs, does amazing work and so helpful!
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=1084
~ Having fun with in-home Slots since 2023 ~
Contributing Member since January 2024
~~Focused on S2000 Machines~~

Offline rgregory

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 05:44:51 AM »
Thanks for the replies. The MPU is boxed up and on the way to Lookes!! (:

Ross

Offline stlscott

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • stlscott New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 08:13:58 AM »
Thanks for the replies. The MPU is boxed up and on the way to Lookes!! (:

Ross

I suggest you mark this topic as "solved"
~ Having fun with in-home Slots since 2023 ~
Contributing Member since January 2024
~~Focused on S2000 Machines~~

Offline rgregory

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2024, 06:25:48 AM »
Received my MPU back from John at Looks Electronics yesterday and just like magic it works like a charm. Thanks so much for the help!!

Ross

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal