New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Slot Machine History  (Read 12228 times)

Anewagin

IGT S Slot Machine History
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:22:08 AM »
I am hoping someone can help me.  I have a Red White & Blue 3-coin IGT slot machine.  The MFG date is 03/86.  I was wondering if this could be correct.  I read somewhere that the 1st RWB machine was rolled out in 1991.
On that same note, what was the manufacturing time table for an "S" machine and a "S+" machine.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Slot Machine History
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:53:21 PM »
Post a picture of inside and outside of your machine. 1986 might be a dreaded "M"
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 02:20:53 PM »
I am hoping someone can help me.  I have a Red White & Blue 3-coin IGT slot machine.  The MFG date is 03/86.  I was wondering if this could be correct.  I read somewhere that the 1st RWB machine was rolled out in 1991.
On that same note, what was the manufacturing time table for an "S" machine and a "S+" machine.

I would say it's correct.  Here's a picture of my RW&B S slot mfg 9/86.  I don't know when the S slot was first manufactured, but I have a Fancy Fruit M Slot that was made in 11/86, so for a period of time IGT was making both the M and S slots.  I think the S+ came in 88 or 89.

Anewagin

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:48:45 PM »
Looking closer it was made in 8/86 model 5136-C.  The speaker was really loud, so I muffled it for now with a wash cloth & duck tape.  I have a 1994 S+ Sizzling 7 and a 1990 S+ Double Diamond.  The boards on those two are easy to remove and the chips say "S plus".
The board on the RW&B is not easily removed (not without some disassembly).  So I am not sure what this machine is.
Why do you say "Dreaded M"?  I am not that familiar with them.
The machine works just fine.  It was an impulse buy this week, and the guy didn't know much about the machine either.  We settled on $650.  I thought that wasn't too bad.  My father-in-law purchased the Double Diamond in 1989 for $1900 and my wife purchased the Sizzling 7 in 2002 for $1000.
Further research tells me I could have traveled down to Ohio and picked up a machine for $600.  Oh well, live & learn.

Anewagin

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »
Tilt,  your 2 coin RW&B looks great.  I have been trying to find a 2 coin like that for years, but here in Michigan, they are hard to come by.
I never gambled until I met my wife, and shortly after we were married we went to Vegas, and on the first night I hit Red White & Blue sevens on a 2 coin machine.  Been hooked ever since and been looking for that exact machine.
Good to know they are still out there.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 03:08:59 PM »
What is that in pic#5 that looks like duct-tape with a stuffed animal or something hanging out of it-?.   :arrowthruhead: :Scratch-Head: .

Anewagin

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 03:45:39 PM »
You caught that.  Well that is my temporary muffler.  I couldn't find a volume control on this machine.  I have a young child that goes to bed early and the volume was so loud I couldn't play it.  So I took a wash cloth and taped it over the speaker.  Worked like a charm.
Any suggestions for a more permanent fix?

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »
Well, if it works it works-!!!!.  I could not for the life of me figure out what that was.  I don't know jack about a s-slot though I did have one years ago I got in a bundle deal-I sold it.  It does seem there would be a way to control the volume.  I see another member has volume issues but it is a s+ with a diff. board in I think than you have.  -Thanks for the Muffler fix--I think it could be a first!- :cool_thumb_up: .

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »
Thanks.  I'm from Michigan as well (Standish), but I got my slot from CJ's Slot Connection in Las Vegas in the mid 90's while I was stationed at Nellis AFB.  I paid $1900 for it back then, Ouch! 

There's a potentiometer on the MPU board that you can adjust the volume with.  Take the mounting screw out and you can probably tilt it back far enough to get at it and adjust it.  If you can't see or get your hands in there then you'll have to remove the board and turn it, put it back in, turn the machine on, and play a game to see what the volume level is.  You may have to repeat that a couple of times until you get it where you want it, not very convenient.

In all the years I've had mine only my wife and her dad have hit the top jackpot on it.

Edited to add:  Cool Kegerator!

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 04:08:49 PM »
It looks like an S to me. Stepper Slot sounds like S Slot. But I thought the S had the board on the left side instead of the back. Do your reels look the same as the other machines or an entire assembly?

the rockin elvis

Anewagin

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
The Double Diamond has the board on the left side & that's an S+ (according to the chip on the board).  The Sizzling 7 has the board mounted to the back.
What does an "M" machine look like.
The reel assemblies look similar.

Anewagin

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »

She is getting filled tomorrow, my barrel of Oberon will be in.  Bell's Brewery in Grand Rapids released their seasonal batch of Oberon this past Monday.  Can't wait.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »
It is not an M. The reels come out in a whole assembly and the board is mounted above the reels. That has to be an S with the power switch being where it is. Did you pull the board to see if it has the potentiometer. Never remove any components with a machine ON.

the rockin elvis

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 04:41:03 PM »

She is getting filled tomorrow, my barrel of Oberon will be in.  Bell's Brewery in Grand Rapids released their seasonal batch of Oberon this past Monday.  Can't wait.

Enjoy!  :frosty_beer: :chug: :drinking_whiskey:

Anewagin

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 04:53:03 PM »
Well it is an "S-slot".  Found the potentiometer, adjusted the volume, and now I can take my "Squirrel Muffler" off.
There was a bench test tag on the inside of the board from 1988 stating that it was an "S-slot".  I should have pulled the board 1st thing.
I am still curious what year was the 1st S-plus"
Thanks for everyone's help....

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 08:11:24 PM »
What is that in pic#5 that looks like duct-tape with a stuffed animal or something hanging out of it-?.   :arrowthruhead: :Scratch-Head: .

You're killing me...now all I can picture is some little guys stuffed animal duct taped into a slot as a muffler...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 08:15:37 PM »
Roz,  You did see the pic huh?  When it was first posted it was a enigma to me.  The member came back and edited after the fact.  It was though something that worked for them and I almost would put it my top ten- :Tongue_Out: .

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 08:34:03 PM »
Baby bunnies, baby bears, whatever...if it works, hell, I say go for it!!!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 10:45:48 PM »
Agreed, that's an S (non-plus) slot.  Harder to find parts for, but if it's working well, great!
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline UNIMAN

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »
Here is a pic of the IGT M-slot.

Also this IGT link says the S-slot came out in 1986. http://www.igt.com/company-information/about-igt.aspx

That's a nice classic machine you have.  :yes:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal