New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT wild cherry 2 coin not cooperating  (Read 13613 times)

Offline riothecat

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • riothecat New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT wild cherry 2 coin not cooperating
« on: November 07, 2015, 08:01:47 PM »
i have an igt wild cherry 2 coin no dollar acceptor. Last week it stopped working. First I need to purchase a door "eye" kit. A wire broke off the machine side. I will post more if that does not work. Thanks for your time :Scratch-Head:

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: IGT wild cherry 2 coin not cooperating
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 08:10:59 PM »
We'll need to know which model IGT you have. A picture of the front and one of the inside should work

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 08:11:56 PM »
Search on this site "door optic bypass"  You can just get rid of the optics that way.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 08:13:42 PM »
Well welcome to NLG. Thanks for the warning  ;) but is the wire repairable? You're talking about the door optics I assume?
There are ways to correct that. Don't rush into anything until we know what's going on.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 10:41:27 PM »
Here are the front and inside.

Removed duplicate images.  -knagl
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:22:33 PM by knagl »

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 10:48:04 PM »
The cabinet side optic lost one of the wires. Too small for me to solder back on. I don't have a problem disabling it.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »
<fixed photo orientation>

Is this an early IGT S+ without DBV but has motherboard for MPU to plug into?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:16:39 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 11:12:54 PM »
I had a problem with it a couple of years ago and folks here thought it might be an early s+ Or late s. Knagle gave me that info. "Edit" a sheet in the door says m+/s+

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 11:18:23 PM »
Agreed. The general rule is if the MPU board plugs into another board (called the motherboard) then it is an S+. If the MPU instead is connected to wiring harnesses that connect directly to the MPU board then it is an S model.

Another reported difference is the S model does not have door optics, the S+ model does.

The S models were not built to have a bill validator, but some of the early S+ models didn't either, and that throws people off sometimes. Does the idplate below the pull handle say the model?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:36:13 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 11:22:33 PM »
There is a aluminum cover that has a big black knob on it that slides up and I can take that out. And slides into some type of connectors.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 11:26:58 PM »
There is a aluminum cover that has a big black knob on it that slides up and I can take that out. And slides into some type of connectors.

That pretty much nails it as being an S+ model. The aluminum cover has the MPU board mounted to the inside of it. The knob is used to remove the mpu from the motherboard. There is a volume control along the top edge of the MPU assembly. On newer versions of the MPU the volume level is done via software in the setup screens, so a manual volume control is missing from the MPU.

I had a problem with it a couple of years ago and folks here thought it might be an early s+ Or late s. Knagle gave me that info. "Edit" a sheet in the door says m+/s+

Speaking of Mr knagl, here's what Kevin has to say about this very subject:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=8038.msg42892#msg42892

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 11:41:24 PM »
So... We've decided what model it is. Can I bypass the optic eye? I don't need it for security since it is just for my use, but, is it required? I would also like to purchase a test switch (on the front of the aluminum case that holds the MPU) it is a pretty small switch but I have a bigger one in there now.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 07:42:59 AM »
From what I've heard you can't bypass the optics on an S+ model. So you'd need to order a new optic sensor and replace it. If it was an S2000 model there is a way to bypass them mentioned elsewhere on NLG.

Here is a thread about it:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=8003.msg42684#msg42684

Slot parts vendors sometimes have the optic parts, here is one for example, not sure if this is the correct door optic for your machine:
http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1589&search=optic

As for the TEST switch maybe someone parting out a machine has one available. You could try sending a PM to one of the vendors listed on NLG home page. Switches can be ordered from online places like Jameco, DigiKey or Mouser but you'd need to know the correct switch, have to look at another machine to see what should be there, or have someone tell you the right one so it would fit the hole correctly and attach to the wires easily with the slip on contacts. The correct pushbutton switch is probably something like this one, but with larger terminals for the slip on type contacts attached to the wires. If you don't mind soldering the switch wires to the new switch terminals then just about any switch that fits the hole will work. One thing to watch for, push button switches usually have "normally open" contacts that close (connect) when you press the button, but some push button switches are the opposite. You can check the switch in the machine now to see which type (N/O or N/C) you need.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_121305_-1

or this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mini-Push-Button-SPST-Momentary-N-O-OFF-ON-Switch-10mm-Red-/321279754705?hash=item4acdc401d1:g:YHwAAOSwcnpTmLiq
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:27:46 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 07:48:13 AM »
Search on this site "door optic bypass"  You can just get rid of the optics that way.

Rick- I searched but only found a bypass method for the S2000 model, did I miss the one for the S+ ?

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 07:57:06 AM »
I think stayouttadabunker had a way to do it posted on the old site

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 10:09:06 AM »
It looks like the cherry switch method will work on the early S+. I checked both of mine (early and later) and it looks like it can be done. The early machines have the optics mounted lower because of the lack of a b/v. But looking up in the reel section there seems to be room to mount the hardware. You will have to do some drilling and or tapping for mounting the brackets and switch. A little time and work but I believe you can do it. Good luck!

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline riothecat

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 12:10:23 PM »
Dave, I guess I don't know what you are talking about with a cherry switch.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 02:24:11 PM »
The link at the bottom of rickhunter's post shows a picture of a switch that often is inside later S+ and S2000 machines. Cherry is a brand name. It's the white one at the bottom. I think most of our vendors will carry all the parts you will need to bypass the optics, if that is what you're wanting to do.

Dave

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 06:20:22 AM »
Dave, I guess I don't know what you are talking about with a cherry switch.

It might be easier and faster for you to just replace the broken optic part.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal