New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Double Black Tie likely with multiple issues (Resolved!)  (Read 3749 times)

Offline coinopNOldPhones

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • coinopNOldPhones New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Double Black Tie likely with multiple issues
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2021, 08:34:39 PM »
Ok, I found the problem, but can't continue with my testing unless I can bypass the door optics.

The display board is touching the reels, and #3 is the one it's right against. If I power on the game, close the door, then re open it, all 3 reels spin, but then the game complains because the door is open.

For whatever reason, I can't get any clearance between the reels and display, I don't know what's supposed to secure the display, but mine has 2 pegs that fit in holes on the frame of the door. I have it taped to the glass, but there's still no room. I'm going to try to fix it properly, but if I can make it work with the door open, I can at least see if there are other errors.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2021, 08:38:05 PM »
Put two thumbs against the bottom of the reel base and push like a bastard...it's probably not all the way back in the reel shelf clip.

Also, make sure there's nothing laying in between the reel glass and the door frame.
The reel glass should be right up tight against the door frame metal.
There's 3 lugs that go thru the door frame that holds the display.
Tighten the nuts on them.

Maybe your door frame got bent somehow where it attaches to the display panel.

Take out the reel glass and bend the display forward  a little then put back in the glass and display up against the reel glass like the way it should be.
Fix it first and get rid of the tape job.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline coinopNOldPhones

• NLG
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2021, 09:40:21 PM »
Ok, I'm on the right path! I realized that the display board is supposed to be held in by 3 nuts, not just sitting there!  :duh:  I corrected that, and no more tilt errors! (the tape was only temporary until I could fix it proper, it's gone now)

The problem I'm now having is, after the game has booted, it gives a 3300 error, which I see is hopper empty. I've jumpered the coin sense screw to the frame of the hopper, and still no go. can I bypass the hopper completely, at least until I get tokens in it?

With the hopper removed, it did coin up once and let me play, so coin comparitor is good. Now, with the hopper out, it gives 3200 "coin out time out"

I feel really good that I'm close to fixing this machine.

Offline coinopNOldPhones

• NLG
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2021, 10:09:12 PM »
SOLVED! The hopper was trying to pay out 1 coin, but one of the 120 volt leads had come off the plug, I corrected this, the hopper paid the coin, and the game now plays!

So, should I mess with programming different variables, or leave it as is?

I plan to load the hopper up with about 500-1000 tokens, (and change the quarter in the comparitor to a token, of course), and leave tokens out for friends to use.

I probably don't want it paying out the jackpot in tokens, but instead have it "hand pay". From what I'm reading, this is changed in the settings.

I also want an updated bill validator, that can take the newer currency, what are my options?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2021, 07:44:56 AM »
Good!
My advice to you..."Don't Fix It If It Ain't Broke"  :Tongue_Out:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Double Black Tie likely with multiple issues (Resolved!)
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2021, 08:50:43 AM »
Congratulations!   :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal