New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal slot port test  (Read 1843 times)

Offline PCDOG

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • PCDOG New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Universal slot port test
« on: February 05, 2024, 05:02:09 PM »
"Stars and Strips" In Port test 7 (manual advance) I can move to each test, but does not perform any of the tests. Verified EPROM code 99051 is a 1990 model  My MPU board is 8116-A2 and sub board 81160SDS3 (B-D). Battery was replaced. All voltages on green dot power supply are OK.

Offline Pitts256

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Universal slot port test
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 04:42:54 PM »
Hello PCDOG,

I'm assuming the machine will not play and you're in the troubleshooting process.

The power supply is good. Voltages read at the power supply plug CN-2 are correct (5vdc, 12vdc, 24vdc, 32vdc, 9.5vac, 100vac).

The MPU board "ALL CLEAR" button was held down during the power-up to clear all memory.

The MPU boots up and the LED displays are clear of any errors?

You're trying to perform the manual output tests through "Test Port No. 7". The main door is open and the door switch in the neutral (open) position.

The following method was used to toggle through the tests?

7) OUT-PORT TEST (MANUAL) "TEST PORT NO. 7"
This test port is same as the aforesaid "TEST
PORT NO. 5" but the test of each out-port
must be done manually. At first, select
"TEST PORT NO." by pressing the "TEST
SWITCH" seven times. Then press the "COIN
TEST SWITCH" to select the desired outport.
One press gives one step-up of the outport.
When you complete the selection, press
the "DOOR SWITCH". Then the selected outport
can be demonstrated only while the
"DOOR SWITCH" being pressed.

Offline PCDOG

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 06:56:25 AM »
Thanks for you reply.
I should have started with the the current problem that prompted me to performing port 7 manual test.  The slot starts up normal. Insert 3 coins and accepted. Can not pull the handle lever.
Have performed all the tests outlined in your reply. Except pressing the "TEST SWITCH" seven times is different on my slot. I press the test switch 4 times and then can move to select a port test.   Pressing it 5 times result in error 21 on display. Any idea on what to do next?

Offline Pitts256

• Topic Moderator
  • Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 06:21:19 PM »

Each time the RED "Service SW" button is pushed with the main door open a test credit is issued and can be played using the spin button or the pull handle. Since your machine is a 3 coin max per play the MPU allows up to 4 coins, if a fourth coin is entered it goes into a buffer and is used on the next play. If the RED "Service SW" is pushed a fifth time the MPU will error a "21' COIN JAM.

With that being said you should be able to push the RED "Service SW" one time for a credit and then pull the handle to play. Does the "Coin Accepted & Pull Handle " lamps come on with the one credit? If the handle is locked then one of the two handle photo eye switches is not being made which provides a handle position back to the MPU. If the photo eyes check good then the unlock solenoid coil is bad. They can be tested with TEST 5, TEST 6 (Automatic) and TEST 7 (Manual).

Regarding toggling through the tests, that's done using the GREEN "Test SW" button.

Offline PCDOG

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 02:18:16 PM »
No have not checked the 3 optical  sensors for the handle lever. I understand how to get into the port test features. I can enter the manual output tests through "Test Port No. 7" by pressing the service switch 4 time (NOT  7 for my slot) the  main door is open and the door switch in the neutral (open) position. As I said before the port test does not yields any results. WHY??

Offline Pitts256

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 04:54:04 PM »
Can you post a photo of the door handle mechanism on the inside of the cabinet?

So to recap you can press the GREEN "Test SW" button to advance to "Test Port No. 7" and the WINNER PAID METER displays a 7 as seen in the photo below. From here you should be able to push the RED "Service SW" button to advance to code 137, HANDLE UNLOCK COIL. Pushing the door push button switch in will activate the coil.

If you can not advance to code 137 in "Test Port No. 7" by pushing the  RED "Service SW" button then I would verify that the button is functioning correctly.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 10:16:02 AM »
Strange behavior.
Make sure you are not in the middle of a game while trying to run tests, i.e. coins incerted and reels not yet spun.

Offline PCDOG

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 04:40:33 PM »
No I am not in a game. Reset MPU before starting port test. In port test 7 code 137 and the coil was activated. Also was able to pull the handle. Attached pictures of handle mechanism inside the machine. Testing the optical sensors would be the next step. How is this done?

Offline Pitts256

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 10:15:49 PM »
The photocells for the handle can be verified using "TEST PORT NO. 6".

When any switch is manually switched on or off its code number is indicated on the "WINNER PAID METER".

You're looking for code numbers:
205 HANDLE RETURN SWITCH (PHOTO SENSOR)
206 HANDLE UNLOCK SWITCH (PHOTO SENSOR)

If you pull the handle down about halfway the 205 photo sensor will be open for the test (see photo). Pull the handle down all the way and release it, this should open the 206 photo sensor, the unlock plunger looks like it's currently pulled in (your top photo).

Before performing the test look at all three photo eyes to make sure they're not blocked with dust or grease. Clean as needed.

Use a cardboard strip to slide in-out of the U of the photo sensor to block-unblock the eye.

Push the Yellow reset switch to exit the test.

Also when you shut the main door do you lock it? The door key has a photo eye on it as well that will prevent play. Take a piece of black tape and block the eye to "bypass" it.

Offline PCDOG

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 09:20:42 AM »
No I do not lock the door. As stated above there is not photo sensor for the door but a micro witch. All sensors are clean. Reset  MPU and entered test port 6. The handle cannot be pulled down. Blocked each photo sensor one at a time and no code displayed. When I press the door micro switch it displayed code 100. Pressing the coin change switch shows no code.
What’s next??
Don’t know if this would helpful. This number 5016 etched several places in the cabinet. Including the power supply cover.
Here are the EPROM codes for my machine in order.

Offline Pitts256

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 01:14:15 PM »
UNIMAN will need to verify the chipset information.

The micro switch for the door key is a normally open switch, it can be taped in so it sends a closed (locked) indication back to the MPU. Strange it popped up a code 100, that's the first reel photo sensor. Taping the micro switch in eliminates a possible problem.

Check the daughter board DIP Switch #7 position. The photo sensors appear to be the newer style with the black body's, can't tell from the photo, if so DIP switch #7 should be on. Here's a quote from UNIMAN's notes: "Games with machine chips 8933 and I believe anything higher, as there is no documentation that I've found for these chips, require dip switch #7 on the daughter board to be set ON for black handle optics and OFF for gray handle optics". You'll have to do a ram clear reset for the new DIP setting.

If moving the DIP switch #7 to the on position didn't activate the photo sensors then we'll have to verify power from the MPU to the eyes. Unplug one of the pull handle eyes and check for 5 volts DC at the plug, the pink to the black wires (pins 2 & 3). If there's power to the eyes then plug the eye back in and check the output on each plug pins 1 & 3, when the eye is NOT blocked there should be ~5vdc and 0 volts when blocked.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 01:38:53 PM by Pitts256 »

Offline PCDOG

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2024, 04:27:49 PM »
Had already done all the photo sensor voltage test you outlined, except the dip switch 7 on daughter board. Followed your instructions to make sure I had the same results. All tests are OK. Cleared MPU and repeated test port 6. Nothing changed for photo sensors. But door micro switch got a code 206.
What would be the next step?
Thanks…

Offline Pitts256

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2024, 06:57:43 PM »
Recap:

So all three pull handle photo eye outputs were checked from pins 1 to 3 of each plug while blocking and unblocking the eye and the output voltage went up and down from +5vdc to 0vdc?

The pull handle unlock solenoid functions when performing test port 7 - 137.

The pull handle photo eye switch cases were black not gray so the DIP switch #7 was moved from OFF to ON.   

The door lock micro switch was closed (the lever was taped down)? Also 206 is the incorrect code for the micro switch, 206 is for the HANDLE UNLOCK SWITCH, code #003 is the door lock micro. There's something flakey going on with the MPU support program. Make sure the 8933 Eprom chip is seated all the way down in the socket and there's no bent pins, the socket appears to have damage at pins 1 & 2.

While to MPU board is pulled out it wouldn't hurt to clean the edge connectors with some electronics cleaner.

Something I've done in the past was pushing the pull handle solenoid plunger in and zip tying. Doing so will permit use of the handle with the main door closed. The door can be closed, coins entered and the handle pulled to play. Worth a try...

When you close the door (now with the key switch taped) are there any error codes indicated in the WINNER PAID METER? Does the "Insert Coin" lamp come on?

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2024, 04:06:09 PM »
Let us start over. Please be patient.

First, can you post a pic of the inside of the door. Want to see coin comparitor and optics below.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 04:52:40 PM by UNIMAN »

Offline PCDOG

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2024, 04:19:47 PM »
My Response: Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 06:57:43 PM 
1.So all three pull handle photo eye outputs were checked from pins 1 to 3 of each plug while blocking and unblocking the eye and the output voltage went up and down from +5vdc to 0vdc?
1. Yes all CK OK

2. The pull handle unlock solenoid functions when performing test port 7 - 137.
2. No Test port 7-137 results in activating coin relay.

3. The pull handle photo eye switch cases were black not gray so the DIP switch #7 was moved from OFF to ON.   
3. Yes they are black. And dip switch #7 in in ON positon.

4. The door lock micro switch was closed (the lever was taped down)? Also 206 is the incorrect code for the micro switch, 206 is for the HANDLE UNLOCK SWITCH, code #003 is the door lock micro. There's something flakey going on with the MPU support program. Make sure the 8933 Eprom chip is seated all the way down in the socket and there's no bent pins, the socket appears to have damage at pins 1 & 2.
4. The door lock micro switch lever is OK. Code 206 is from test port 6 test. With dip switch in OFF and in test port 6 the code was 100 *see my reply #9. All the chip there is sockets are seated. The 8933 chip is OK. Looks like the original sock was 24 pin and 4 more pins were added to accommodate the 28 pin chip.
5. While to MPU board is pulled out it wouldn't hurt to clean the edge connectors with some electronics cleaner.
5. The first thing I did when first got the slot. Did it again.

6. Something I've done in the past was pushing the pull handle solenoid plunger in and zip tying. Doing so will permit use of the handle with the main door closed. The door can be closed, coins entered and the handle pulled to play. Worth a try...
6. Did not work.

7. When you close the door (now with the key switch taped) are there any error codes indicated in the WINNER PAID METER? Does the "Insert Coin" lamp come on?
7. Just code 50
Any other ideas or thoughts?
Thanks for your help....

Offline Pitts256

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2024, 04:59:12 PM »
Hey thanks for checking those items listed.

So we're still not 100% sure the pull handle coil is good or bad. While we're waiting for info from UNIMAN you can take a quick check on the pull handle release solenoid coil. Pull the plug and check the ohms across the coil to make sure it's not open. The voltage to the coil is supplied from a relay board mounted on the back wall behind the reels (since you have green dot power supply). Please verify that there is a relay board.

Also a clarification with the black cased photo eyes I was referring to, do yours look like the attached photo? The newer style eyes have a three wire plug and are mounted with one screw. The older conventional photo eyes, grey and black, mount with two screws and the three wires are soldered on. If your handle switches have two screws then the #7 DIP switch needs to be off.

Did you try the automatic "TEST PORT NO. 5"? It will sequentially advance through each port and indicate the port code in the LED display.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 06:33:27 PM by Pitts256 »

Offline PCDOG

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2024, 07:01:43 PM »
Let us start over. Please be patient.

First, can you post a pic of the inside of the door. Want to see coin comparitor and optics below.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2024, 07:05:31 PM »
I see NO coin-in optics.

Wait a minute do I see BLACK optics under that comparitor????

Offline PCDOG

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2024, 07:12:49 PM »
Hey thanks for checking those items listed.

So we're still not 100% sure the pull handle coil is good or bad. While we're waiting for info from UNIMAN you can take a quick check on the pull handle release solenoid coil. Pull the plug and check the ohms across the coil to make sure it's not open. The voltage to the coil is supplied from a relay board mounted on the back wall behind the reels (since you have green dot power supply). Please verify that there is a relay board.

Also a clarification with the black cased photo eyes I was referring to, do yours look like the attached photo? The newer style eyes have a three wire plug and are mounted with one screw. The older conventional photo eyes, grey and black, mount with two screws and the three wires are soldered on. If your handle switches have two screws then the #7 DIP switch needs to be off.

Did you try the automatic "TEST PORT NO. 5"? It will sequentially advance through each port and indicate the port code in the LED display.
The photo sensors do not look like your picture. Mine have a black casing around the sensor and hard wired to the sensor board. I put a black on the handle sensor to block light from the bright room light. Also someone put tape around the covers to keep them from falling off. Th handle solenoid works for test port 5 and test port 7 code 137.
Sent UNIMAN pic's of the inside door. Also will add additional info on next post.

Offline PCDOG

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2024, 07:18:27 PM »
I see NO coin-in optics.

Wait a minute do I see BLACK optics under that comparitor????
The tape holds the sensor cover from moving or falling off. Confirmed tape does not cover sensor

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal