New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally game maker v7000 screen and touch issue  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Straightsaabn

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Straightsaabn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally game maker v7000 screen and touch issue
« on: February 27, 2023, 07:14:06 PM »
Hi first post. Pretty stumped.  Just picked this unit up with a dead screen. When powering up you hear the loud buzz but no picture comes up and the micro touch led is not lighting up.  I've checked the fuse and its good. I've also made sure im getting 120v in the board. I've spliced a vga cable into the harness and the video output works.  The crt screen looks to be a replacement  from the early 2000s and has almost no burn in. Also looks like the touch portion may have been jb welded to the screen. Is there to be a 12v trigger for the screen and the micro touch to power up?

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Re: Bally game maker v7000 screen and touch issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 02:07:08 PM »
It does seem odd that touch and video is not working. You indicate that the CRT is powering on though. My GameMaker has an occasional issue with the connector on the back of the CRT frame, it will randomly shut down and I have to pull the monitor out and re-seat it. There is supposed to be a screw underneath that locks the CRT tray in but I never put it back on. It sounds like your power wires are making contact but maybe not one or more of the other pins. I would focus on getting image to the CRT to work, then deal with touch screen. Have you traced and verified continuity of the wires from the dock connector to their respective connections on the board?
It’s possible you have two different issues, the Touch has its own low voltage power.

Chris

Offline Straightsaabn

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 02:28:29 PM »
It seems like a transformer is getting power. One large thud. But after that no static or light from the screen.  One pin that on the molex states it should be +12v is only reading about 9.5 volts . Maybe not enough to trigger tv turn on?

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 08:23:18 PM »
I don’t think so, the tube can turn on without the touch screen…at least I haven’t heard that they are connected or reliant on each other. Im sure I have seen posts from people saying their touch stopped working so they had to do everything by button.
Ok so the CRT shuts down immediately after power up. That is completely different than I understood.
It might be Flyback. Or HOT causing the board to shut down. Whefe is the thud coming from, the CRT or in the game box?

Offline Straightsaabn

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 08:34:03 PM »
Thud only happens if I have the crt is plugged in.  I only have a domain that goes up to 600v. I want to prove around more but don't want to risk blowing myself up.  Back when we used to have crt tvs I remember when turning on you would hear a thud then hear all the electronics making noise and then picture would come up. This unit only does the thud, no other signs of life. So I feel its getting main power in but maybe a transformer isn't bumping up voltage?  All caps visually look good. No bulging

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2023, 06:33:44 AM »
Don’t poke around the CRT board if you don’t know what you are testing. There are ways to check for shorts without it being powered on. What is the brand and number of the CRT chassis? It should be printed on the metal frame.

Offline Straightsaabn

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2023, 08:25:43 AM »
Vs14428t-m22a-d on a sticker on the metal frame. And the tube shows chunghwa m34aep60x16

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal