New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Powering up a Bally S5500 that’s been in storage  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Stangman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Stangman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Powering up a Bally S5500 that’s been in storage
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2019, 10:53:20 AM »
So I got a set of 5500 clear chips in today, just U12 and U15 and installed them. Jumper j10 installed and test an pseudo jumpers depressed during power up. I never see a CH C message but goes straight to a 80 error which is different from the 83 f error I was getting. I have another set of leave in clear chips coming that replaces U3, U4, U12 and U15. I hope I have better luck with the 4X clear chips clearing the 83f error. I did reseat U36 and validated that the j10 jumper the right pin on the IC U36 as well as the test and pseudo momentary switches to the corresponding U36 pins. The saga continues....

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DirtinLa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2019, 09:34:17 PM »
Just a suggestion... run a continuity on the test and pseudo switches ...  they aren't used very often. There's always the possibilty you need to clean them up?

I presume your power supply is in by now. Any luck?

-=Fred=-
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline Stangman

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 09:02:49 AM »
Okay, finally got my leave in clear chips U3, U4, U12 and U15. Never changed out the power supply since it really never seemed to me to be causing issues since I was getting different error codes, I felt the MPU board had the proper logic. Placed the jumper J10 and powered on the machine while holding the buttons for a complete reset. I got the proper CH C and CL C messages finally. The reels reset and got code 50, closed the door and put a coin in. I now have a working machine. I still have two issues, a light out on the spin button and the max bet button has to be pressed pretty had for it to work. All in all a good day. Thanks for the help and information guys. One more thing, what does the change on the front door and the MPU reset buttons do?

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DirtinLa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 09:40:43 AM »
Congrats on the working machine...

change button lights the candle so an attendent can make change for you...  the MPU I don't know.

-=Fred=-
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline Stangman

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2019, 12:43:03 PM »
Thanks, the change button appears to be working and cleaned the “Max Bet” buttons switch.

How do you get to the bulb out under the spin button? Mine does not light.
Has anyone replace the fluorescent lights with LED bulbs?

Thanks Mark
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:35:03 AM by Stangman »

Offline Stangman

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 02:28:50 PM »
Light bulb GE259 found bad after pulling the white part of the switch straight down. Everything on the machine now appears to be working properly. Time to have a bit of fun with it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal