New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1-BB2-BB3 Media Controller cable  (Read 565 times)

Offline onetech

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • onetech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
BB1-BB2-BB3 Media Controller cable
« on: September 13, 2019, 09:16:44 AM »
Hello All,

Does any have a pic or wiring diagram of the Media Controller cable used for LAP games? Cable goes from the last game to the Media controller to display the JAckpots on a Video Display. I believe on end is a 10 pin mini fit Jr. that plugs into the Y board the other end is a RJ45 connector. Thanks for the Help. Part #Media Controller Network Cable  (20-017004-00-00)

Offline Eddiie

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: BB1-BB2-BB3 Media Controller cable
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 07:38:45 PM »
Crazy.

The description says "Media Controller Network Cable (20-017004-00-00) Last game (J1 on second Y-Board A-009548-01) to Media Controller (Ethernet Port)"

(Ethernet Port)   huh?
=========

The progressive communication going across the wire to the Y board is RS-485, Ethernet is not RS-485 but Ethernet 10/100 uses the same R+, R-, T+, T- signals just like RS-485.   Sadly, plugging in the Cat5 from the Y board does not work.

I think the cable is more than a cable, perhaps a RS-485 to Ethernet adapter.    But that 'module' needs power...     

The progressive port on the backplane of the game machine offers +5vi  (Red wire on progressive port to Y board cable)  but the Y board does nothing with the +5vi pin (there is no trace on the circuit board), so its not like it passes +5vi on to the other Y board for use to power the RS485 to Ethernet adapter.     Perhaps the power for the adapter comes from the Ethernet side, I doubt it.

If anyone out there has access to a WMS LAP with a working Media Controller (the computer that drives the big TV showing the progressive amounts) take pictures of the cable, look at it closely.  Does it really plug in to the Ethernet port?   

Could the drawing be wrong?  It is not the first time or the second time I've found mistakes in WMS manuals. 

Pretty sure its not the serial port, my RS232 port tester light thing, don't recall what the lights did but it wasn't promising.  They either all turned green, or the LEDs stayed the same from POST to running.   There's nothing on that port...

What makes me think it may be an RS485 to Ethernet adapter,  during booting of the Media controller, messages pop up saying RDS Sent message to 10.10.1.1 ...     And just before the screen clears and the animations start to play, the last text on the screen says DHCP Server started (on Eth0)  ..   This means the media controller is configured to be a DHCP server too.   OK.   Plug in a laptop and it got an IP address of 10.10.1.2   and I was able to ping 10.10.1.1 (the media controller),  so yes, it is a DHCP server.   Why?     Possibly the RS485-Ethernet module is a DHCP client, and that ensures it gets an ip address the media controller can talk to.       I hooked up the ethernet port to the LAP controller, too,  the LAP controller also got an IP address, but in the end, the media controller was still not 'seen' by the LAP controller and all amounts shown are $0.00 .. haha

There are different 'versions' of the media controller hardware, still learning by trial and error, older versions did in fact use a serial connection as some pictures in documentation show, RJ11 port with a sticker that says SERIAL.   

There are different versions of the Media Controller OS, too.    Same for the actual Media Controller content.    I have a Media Controller 3.0, it boots all the SMOS (Media Controller OS) images I've tested but the 'Game' card will wind up saying unsupported hardware.    It is regular mother board with an Intel i5 procressor and forget how much RAM.  It DOES have a WMS BIOS chip in it, and I notice there is a hardware key server too as shown during bootup.    In some ways it is a PC and others it is a NXT computer.   No, it does not boot up H13.37 OS hehe    No Jurisdiction chip..

Anyway, someone must have a clue out there...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal