New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King help requested version?  (Read 3215 times)

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
  • Bally 873; Game King 3502/3902; Atari System 2
Re: Game King help requested version?
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 01:20:46 PM »
Gah! Sorry everyone—yes, I meant RB (Go Razorbacks!).

I'm happy you'll be able to enjoy all the games your machine is capable of offering!!!

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 01:22:29 PM »
Send RS a message to buy a Key 22 chip—that one works better in certain situations.

I had a Key 17 chip and eventually needed a 22.
Key 22 doesn't always work with older game software.  The PSR for his chipset calls for Key 17.

Sorry for thinking I know what I'm talking about.  :propeller: I'll shut up now.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 02:05:27 PM »
Send RS a message to buy a Key 22 chip—that one works better in certain situations.

I had a Key 17 chip and eventually needed a 22.
Key 22 doesn't always work with older game software.  The PSR for his chipset calls for Key 17.

Sorry for thinking I know what I'm talking about.  :propeller: I'll shut up now.
No, don't do that.  Just wanted make sure he gets a key that we  know will work.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »

A lot of us make a boo-boo from time to time when trying to help, but shouldn't stop trying. Plus it sounds like you maybe weren't wrong, reply#19 mentions RB said key 22 would possibly work, and key 17 will definitely work. Maybe krusty671 can confirm that one way or the other. You and I and others probably learned something about the Game King key chips during this thread.
And you were instrumental in that edumafacation process!  <yeah, that's not a word - yet>   :odie:

(edit to fix typo)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 06:00:09 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2018, 04:53:59 PM »
Keychips have a lot of folklore to them.  Key 17 is the CORRECT keychip for the particular software the OP is running.  Key 17 doesn't have a menu system like Key 22 & 40. 

Without any credits on the machine, install the keychip, put the MPU board in the machine and turn it on.  The end two amber LEDs will illuminate when the keychip process is complete. Turn off the power, remove the MPU, install the original base chip and it will boot to the keychip menu.  From there you can make the changes you want to.

If you use Key 22 (or 40 for that matter), it has a menu that will appear on the screen along with three options to Clear EEPROM, Clear RAM, and Perform Keychip.  If you select perform keychip with the OPs software when you replace the keychip with the base chip it will not go to the keychip menu, it will boot normally.  The ONLY way you can get it to the keychip menu is if you select the clear the RAM and EEPROM options as also select the perform keychip option.  I call it the "Nuclear Option" because it clears all the machines settings and you have to set everything up from scratch.  That's not very convenient on a Game King if you only wanted to make a minor change to add a game/ player denomination etc and leave everything else as is.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 06:01:40 PM »

Excellent - thanks for that expanded info!
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 07:10:35 AM »
RB is a good source for key chips!  :hail:

i tend to use the Key 37 anymore for those that needed 17(the 17 seems flaky sometimes it works sometimes you have to do it like 5-6 times) the 37 just works.

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 09:51:27 AM »
Thanks everyone for being supportive and politely correcting me!

You said not to shut up, so I won't! Here's how I set up my 1777. It makes sense to me. I suppose one could make the Keno games $1 if that's your interest. I might also add a $10 blackjack game. I have a Progressive setting on some of the video poker games. I seem to recall that setting the machine to tournament mode wipes out the Progressive settings and causes problems, so it has to be one or the other. Can someone verify?

5 cents (all video poker except ShockWave)
Bonus Poker
Deuces Wild Poker
Double Bonus Poker
Jacks or Better Poker
Joker Poker
ACE$ Bonus Poker
Bonus Poker Deluxe
Double Double Bonus Poker
Deuces Wild Bonus Poker
Double Deuce Poker
Loose Deuce Poker
Triple Bonus Poker Plus

10 cents (all keno + DDB & ShockWave poker + BJ)
ShockWave Poker
Keno
4-Card Keno
Super Keno
Caveman Keno
Triple Diamond Keno
Top-Bottom Keno
3-6-9 Way Keno
2-4-6 Way Keno
Super Way Keno
Blackjack

20 cents (wild card poker + ShockWave poker + popular keno + 8-liner slots + BJ)
Deuces Wild Poker
Joker Poker
Deuces Wild Bonus Poker
Double Deuce Poker
Loose Deuce Poker
ShockWave Poker
Keno
4-Card Keno
Caveman Keno
Super 8 Line Slot
Super 8 Race Slot
Blackjack

25 cents (all video poker except ShockWave)
Bonus Poker
Deuces Wild Poker
Double Bonus Poker
Jacks or Better Poker
Joker Poker
ACE$ Bonus Poker
Bonus Poker Deluxe
Deuces Wild Bonus Poker
Double Deuce Poker
Loose Deuce Poker
Triple Bonus Poker Plus

$1 (all slots + most popular video poker + BJ)
Deuces Wild Poker
Jacks or Better Poker
Black Rhino Slot
Super 8 Line Slot
Diamond Mine Slot
Double Bucks Slot
On The Prowl Slot
Wild Flower Slot
Lion Fish Slot
Super 8 Race Slot
Blackjack

$5 (Bonus Poker games + slots except 8-liners)
Bonus Poker
Double Bonus Poker
ACE$ Bonus Poker
Bonus Poker Deluxe
Triple Bonus Poker Plus
Black Rhino Slot
Diamond Mine Slot
Double Bucks Slot
On The Prowl Slot
Wild Flower Slot
Lion Fish Slot

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:11:29 AM by smoothgrh »

Offline krusty671

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • krusty671 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2018, 11:11:15 AM »

A lot of us make a boo-boo from time to time when trying to help, but shouldn't stop trying. Plus it sounds like you maybe weren't wrong, reply#19 mentions RB said key 22 would possibly work, and key 17 will definitely work. Maybe krusty671 can confirm that one way or the other. You and I and others probably learned something about the Game King key chips during this thread.
And you were instrumental in that edumafacation process!  <yeah, that's not a word - yet>   :odie:

(edit to fix typo)

Here is the response I received from RB just so everyone knows. I read this as 17 is the right one, 22 could be helpful. I just went ahead and bought both.

From RB "
looked at your post.
A 17 will work for sure. A 22 might be more user friendly & will probably work as well. I will leave that up to you. I know a 22 has options to clear the machine if desired. I'm pretty sure a 17 does not. Hate to leave you hanging on that. I know S2000 slots much better than Game King but I get by on them. You could get both or just go with the 17. Your call"

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 05:48:15 PM »
I think Tilt's reply #24 explained it very well. Key 22 & 40 will work and they have nice menus, but they will cause you to have to redo a bunch of settings. So for quick & easy changes like the OP wanted just use Key 17.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal