New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Saw this on local Craigslist site  (Read 3453 times)

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • TopDogElec New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Saw this on local Craigslist site
« on: September 29, 2018, 12:47:25 AM »
I don't believe the top glass and belly glass are the right ones, after some research I find that leap frog is a 3 reel game, not video. Thinking about snagging it up and seeing if I can bring it back to life, find out what machine it really is. Never seen a red cabinet on a slot before, on a side note.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Saw this on local Craigslist site
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 04:37:11 AM »
Appears to be an IGT fortune 1, possibly fortune 2, no BV and the red cabinet was common to both those machines

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 04:50:31 AM »
..... Never seen a red cabinet on a slot before, on a side note.

The very popular PE+ video poker machines were in red cabinets also.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 05:19:09 AM »
Thanks for the info, couldn't find any info on Leap Frog in video format, thought maybe it was a poker machine that someone just added the leap frog glass to. Probably going to pick it up, going to ask the seller to send me a few pics of the plate and possibly the board too, just to see what I'm getting into before driving an hour one way to grab it

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 05:29:28 AM »
I guess it gets down to what you have to pay for it and what repairs it may need. For me the biggest repair problem would be a dead crt. As far as the game inside it might have the normal video poker game software chips, somebody may have just changed out the glass. You can probably replace the game chips to make it video poker if you need to, and get some poker glass.

IGT made an S+ game called Leap Frog:

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%203CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Leap%20Frog%20(3%20Coin%20Multiplier).htm

https://www.usedslotmachine.com/shop/igt-leap-frog-slot-machine/
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 06:07:44 AM »
It’s most likely a video slot machine as
there isn’t enough buttons for a video poker.

The screen burn shows 3 reels.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 06:09:08 AM »
Not sure what's up with it yet, planning on giving them a call this morning and seeing what is what. Honestly if it is poker, I probably will pass on it. They're asking $125, going to try and offer $100 and take a chance on it if it is leap frog

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 06:12:58 AM »
Oh yeah, didn't notice the screen burn before, nice catch. Thanks for that, I appreciate it. Might have to chance it and grab it for my collection. CRT might be easy to replace, I'm friends with a local video game dealer and he has bunch of herry master machines and the CRT should be the same

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 06:26:35 AM »
Leap frog is the same game as balloon bars.  (s+ versions use same ss chips)

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 12:32:51 AM »
Ended up picking it up, not sure yet what is wrong with it, haven't had a lot of time to tear into it. Plug it in and the lights come on but that is it, no CRT, no sounds, and handle is loose. Took a few pictures of the MPU that I pulled out to check, figured I'd start there. There is no nameplate on the side where it should've been, has been removed as well as the door lock. Attached are the pics of the MPU for further identification, thanks for all the help so far by the way

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Rep New User has no influence.
  • HAPPY Game King and PE+ Owner! Thanks NLG! <3 :)
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 01:28:31 AM »
Looks to me like a Leapfrog slot running on PE+. Certainly looks like a PE+ board to me. I know the PE+ platform had many slot titles available (I heard apparently reel slots were banned in many states and they used these video screen slots to get around that ban). However I had no idea Leapfrog was one of the titles, I only knew of the more common ones which were added to MAME (Double Diamond, Triple Diamond 5x Pay, etc). But it def looks like PE+ to me. I'm sure the experts will either agree or tell me I'm a moron :D

Offline rockymountainslots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • rockymountainslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 06:19:35 AM »
When i worked at igt we only built those games for lottery games Oregon and Washington 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 06:51:51 AM »
That is a regular PE+ board. when you turn on the machine and turn it off , do you see a bright flash from the CRT, usually indicates that there is high voltage., if not, listen very closely to the monitor, see if you can hear a faint chirping noise, if you do then the flyback or something else if bad. typically that video chassis is a Ceronix 1492 model,  it can be repaired, if the tube is out, you might be able to find a replacement, rumors are they don't make that tube anymore, someone said they are available from a company in England.  Ceronix  does make a direct replacement LCD for that unit, costs around 400.00, this machine uses an inverted video signal, that's why people who have tried to use a LCD had to reinvert the signal and use a frequency double to get it to work.

Jim     

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 10:43:24 AM »
I agree with Jim, turn it on and leave it on for 30-1 min. Then watch the screen and see if you see a white flash or dot as you turn it off. This give us an idea on the monitor. To check for a Ceronix chassis is easy as pulling off the black plastic monitor bezel. It’s only held on by Velcro. This will expose the controls for the monitor. To remove the monitor assembly, simply unplug the molex plug right under the monitor, then pull it forward. Just be careful of the neck of the monitor when you remove it. They can break if you hit them. Once you have it out you will see what you have for a monitor power chassis. You will see something like Ceronix 1490 or 1492 and a serial number. Looks like a cool game. I do repairs on the 1492 Ceronix chassis.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »
Well, status update. The tube was dead, chassis was good. Took the CRT assembly out to a local company to have it looked at and repaired if possible. They replaced the tube with another one from a Cherry Master video poker machine. Chassis seems to work good at least in their shop. Got it back home, put it back in, and still nothing. Wondering if maybe it is a power issue possibly now. This machine has a few wires that go nowhere, looks like they were clipped and left hanging, not sure why. Also noticed another PC board assembly in the top section, above the monitor behind the counters and light, not sure what that is for, but there was a really big black harness disconnected. Speakers are non functional also, and coins just fall through to the tray, right through the coin comparator. MPU board looks good, battery has good voltage, haven't checked the rest of the power yet though, start at the main transformer im guessing?

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 04:48:19 PM »
Start by checking the fuses.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 04:50:46 PM »
Fuses are good, first thing I checked

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 05:04:43 PM »
Check your black and white wire to the CRT plug for your 115V. That’s the main chassis power. The other 6 are video signal and your Red, Blue, Green wires. If I remember correct.
And remember...

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 05:40:19 PM »
No voltage at all on those wires, after closer inspection I noticed the transformer is "peeling" I guess .Could be time for a replacement

Offline TopDogElec

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 06:24:29 PM »
Any idea on the specs of the transformer? Possibly could get one from the same place I got the new crt tube

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal