New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 873 - Winner Paid - Insert Coin - Coin Accepted lights issue [solved]  (Read 1225 times)

Offline essmeier

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • essmeier New User has no influence.
  • CTE
I have a minor but nagging issue with my Bally 873 five-line machine.  The "Winner Paid," "Insert Coin" and "Coin Accepted" lights all work intermittently.
I would assume that after a payout, the Winner Paid and Insert Coin would both come on and stay on, indicating that the winner has been paid and that the machine is awaiting further play. 

That never happens; Winner Paid never appears unless I put in coins to play another game.  Sometimes it will come on after one coin, or two, or three, or four.  Sometimes I never see it.
After a losing game, I may, or may not, see the Insert Coin lit.  It may show up immediately, or after inserting one or more coins, or it may not light up at all.  When it does work, it correctly goes out after inserting a fifth coin.
Coin Accepted never comes on unless Insert Coin is also on.
See attached for an example.  In that example, I've just won (and been paid) for 3 oranges.  I'd think that Winner Paid and Insert Coin should be on at this point, but they're not.
I then started to put in coins to play again, and when I put in the third coin, the lights came on, along with the Coin Accepted light.

Sometimes that happens, and sometimes after a winner, I'll put in 5 coins and never see those lights at all.

I've got Geddes' Bally Slots book, but not all of my relays are labeled, some of my relays are incorrectly labeled and not all of my wire colors are readily identifiable, making it rather difficult to track down what is undoubtedly a simple problem.
The machine otherwise works correctly, but the light issue has been bugging me for a while and I'm ready to get it out of the way.
Suggestions?
EDIT: I fixed the problem; it appears to have been a case of dirty switches on what I assume is the Payout Relay on the hopper.  (not labeled on my machine.)
Geddes' book had a minor typo in the schematic that had me looking for that switch in the Features Unit, where some of my relays were mislabeled from the factory.  The Line Unit Step Up Relay and the Line Unit Reset Relay are correctly labeled, but the 4th Coin JP Relay and the 5th Coin JP Relay are also labeled as Line Unit Step Up Relay and the Line Unit Reset Relay.
I thought one of those must be the relay that was causing my problem, but it turned out I wasn't even looking in the right part of the machine
Fixed and working.  All lights show up when they're supposed to.  Photo attached of where I cleaned things to fix it.
Charlie
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:50:34 PM by essmeier »

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Thank you so much for the follow up and the picture with the arrow was perfect!  I have had this problem from time to time and I cleaned everthing including the glass.  I never knew what fixed what.  Thanks again.

Ra

Offline essmeier

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • essmeier New User has no influence.
  • CTE
Glad to help out.  Even if I manage to fix it myself, I try to take the time to post the solution, just in case it might be helpful to someone else later on.
Charlie

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
...Glad to help out.  Even if I manage to fix it myself, I try to take the time to post the solution, just in case it might be helpful to someone else later on.
Charlie

Excellent, thank you!   :applause:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal