New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1084 Handle Gearbox Broken, Never seen one like this before?  (Read 5985 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I'm working on a machine for a customer.. It's a Bally model 1084 from Dublin.. It's a "Tivoli" Funland Symbols, Hold & Draw... The Linkage on the handle gearbox are broken, and I've never seen one like this before, (see pics).. I was wondering if I can put a normal/regular handle gearbox in for a replacement.. I don't see why not, since nothing looks different on the reel assemble, but once I swapped it out, now the reels won't spin? They go right into a locked position once the handles pulled? If I take the reels out and bench test spin them, they spin and stop as they should?? Is it just that the reels linkages need to be re-adjusted, or does it need that special handle gearbox..

Thanks, Gary
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:10:06 AM by Ron (r273) »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline jim k-falls

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jim k-falls New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1084 Handle Gearbox Broken, Never seen one like this before?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 07:16:05 PM »
Hey Gary, have you taken the broken one apart and matched up the linkages? if there the same, my guess is your right about the adjustment..kinda makes you wonder what made it break..no lube or mabe the stops ?  keep us posted on this.
Better late than Pregnant

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 09:52:28 PM »
Well so far I've found about a half dozen thing wrong with the reels assembly.  The first reel stop is really tight and binding. It will not allow the wiper contacts to come all the way back to the first set of contacts on the wiper board? The reel stop levers and rollers are bent and worn, plus having the incorrect springs (see pic) installed.. The owner said it sheared the roll pin in the back shaft on the handle side..  No wonder with all the extra spring tension.. Also found two of the 3 springs on the bottom for the reels timing links were wrong too.. After about another 30 minutes I noticed that the #1 reels linkage had what I thing is called a latch paw on the wrong side of one lever. Once that was corrected my bind on the #1 reel wiper was gone, and now it has full range of movement.. I no longer feel like I'm in a arm wrestling contest when I cycle the reels. I like it when the owners say I never had any problems with it until it broke :banghead:. It cycles the reels nice and smooth on the bench. Tomorrow I'll put it in the cabinet and hope for the same.. This is the first time I've ever had a chance to work on a machine with a hold feature.  :cool_thumb_up:

Jim.. Did you ever get that Bally 47 that was up the coast?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 10:05:52 PM »
I did! it needed a new home and I got her running in no time..its actually the first hold and draw that ive worked on..just debating on how to fix the glass..Got some ideas from dave aka fatman, and im still researching .

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 06:59:25 PM »
Well I've just finished testing the repaired reels assemble, and it seems to be working correctly..  :applause: :dancing_2:   I have a couple small things to still address, mostly lights bulbs.. I need to address a over pay on the hopper, but I figure doing maintenance on the hopper will solve that.. I have never played a machine with the hold feature, does anyone know if you can only hold 1 reel or should I be able to hold 2 if I wanted?  :Scratch-Head: The glass doesn't say, just says you can use the hold option.. One other question... Bally hoppers on the EM machines count coins one of two way, mechanical count, and using a set of contacts and a solenoid to advance the counter.. This hopper is mechanical, but also has a set of contacts?? (See Pic) Not sure want they are for.. Anyone seen this before?? 

Thanks Gary
And remember...

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:44:08 PM »
on mine you can hold 1 or 2 reels and that looks like a payout sw..its definitely counting coins..does it have a win meter?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:42:07 PM »
on mine you can hold 1 or 2 reels and that looks like a payout sw..its definitely counting coins..does it have a win meter?

Yes it has a win meter, but I don't think it works.. That would make sense, but win meters usually have 4 wires, but this set of contacts only has 2 wires. I'll have to look at the wires colors and get my meter out..
And remember...

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 10:34:23 PM »
2 wires to count...2 to reset mabe

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 06:53:35 PM »
This handle problem has been solved.. I have all the lights working.. Now I need to address the hoppers payout issue in a new thread..

Thanks Gary
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »
Gary, there are actually at least 3 types of hopper count systems.
One is the X-unit type electrical stepped,
another is the purely mechanical count,
and the 3rd is the double-up, which had a coil step, coil hold, and mechanical release if I recall correctly.  Or it was visa-versa (OpBell would know...)
It was an interesting system.
Just FYI
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:37 PM »
Gary, there are actually at least 3 types of hopper count systems.
One is the X-unit type electrical stepped,
another is the purely mechanical count,
and the 3rd is the double-up, which had a coil step, coil hold, and mechanical release if I recall correctly.  Or it was visa-versa (OpBell would know...)
It was an interesting system.
Just FYI

This is a mechanical hopper, but the machine does have the reel hold feature..
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal