New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Tito backup?  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Samm329

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Samm329 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Tito backup?
« on: December 12, 2018, 10:09:16 PM »
Hello,

So I bought a Tito and hooked it up to my Reel touch and loved it. But I Konami is not on the list of supported devices. I wanted to sit down and play around with the arduino and see if I could get my Konami to play nice with it... the thing is, I don’t want to brick my Tito in the process... is there a way to save a copy of my Tito so that if I break it I can upload it back?

I know it’s a long shot, but I own my own store and I’m my own employee, so I have all day between customers work for projects.

Offline The laneman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: Tito backup?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 07:11:42 AM »
You wont be able to use the tito on konami.....They didnt write usa software for the ticket printer to be in standalone.

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 07:22:17 AM »
I’m looking at trying to make it play more along the line of network controlling the machine with my Tito. My main concern would be finding a way to save the original just incase I ever need to send it back to the arduino. I have Bally’s, igt, Konami, aristocrat, sigma, and wms machines so really I just wanted to tinker with it between the different units and see if I could make them work, is all.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 12:47:33 PM »
The firmware on the PIC chip is not readable. If you could read it, you could duplicate the TITO thereby leaving the original author out of the loop.  It is unlikely you would ever be able to get the firmware out of it unless the author sends you the code file.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rockymountainslots

• Resigned NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • rockymountainslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 05:00:21 AM »
a friend of mine can make it print a ticket so far so he's working on it to take the ticket

Offline Tanner M

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Tanner M New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 07:33:20 AM »
That is great news rocky mountain.  Let me know if he gets this figured out.  The one downfall to my Konami machine is that it wont work with TITO.

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 06:18:20 PM »
I was also able to get mine to print. That’s why I wanted to try and feed commands to it with my Tito, but it may be dead in the water if Tito can’t even do it. I don’t want to edit my arduino if I can’t restore its default image, leaving me with a $90 paperweight.

Offline ANIslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ANIslots New User has no influence.
  • Zarobhr
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 05:22:49 AM »
I was also able to get mine to print. That’s why I wanted to try and feed commands to it with my Tito, but it may be dead in the water if Tito can’t even do it. I don’t want to edit my arduino if I can’t restore its default image, leaving me with a $90 paperweight.

what is the sas version on the konami
when you configure the the machine for validation what are your options

imo (even though i dont use bettor tito) that in theory bettor tito should work with anyslot machine that supports sas 5.0 or higher
the few reasons i know of that would prevent it from working are
1. slot does not have a proper rs232 interface
2. slot does not support correct SAS version
3. slot does not support system validation

notes on #3
with sas there is typically 3 types of validation for ticket printing
1. standard (aka standalone for some) allows you to print a ticket but you can not read this ticket in any machine
2. secure enhanced  the validation number is created on the slot and sent to the host.
3. system validation the validation number is created at the host and sent back to the slot. (this is what bettor tito uses)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal