New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Continental (847) Coin Relay Issues  (Read 1260 times)

Offline big_e

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • big_e New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Continental (847) Coin Relay Issues
« on: January 29, 2019, 07:34:39 AM »
Hey guys.  I had my continental working 100% for about an hour, then it stopped working.  When I toggle the coin switch, nothing clicks or pulls in.  I have attached the schematic, and also a closeup snippet of the specific  circuit giving me issues.  I need some advice/help. 
- First of all I dont know what the "HANDLE SW" is.  OK assuming handle switch, but where is this?  The only wiring around the handle is the handle release coil, and its associated switches.  Is this the same thing?

- I tried manually setting the COIN RELAY, then sliding reels back in and that does NOT tripe the handle release coil. 

- Does anyone have a clearer schematic?  Mine is pretty fuzzy which doesn't help when I am trying to read wire numbers on the plugs.

Any advice on where to start?  I inspected all the switches and everything looks good, I even cleaned them. 

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 06:25:11 AM by big_e »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Continental (847) Coin Relay Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 10:30:06 AM »
My first thought is to re-clean the contacts on the coin switch relay stack of the side of the reels. You really need to check the operation of them with a voltage meter. This way you can set the meter to check the  continuity of the switches. Just looking at them doesn’t work. I have seen many contacts closed but not working.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline big_e

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 12:47:33 PM »
OK Ill try that later.  Any idea what HANDLE SW is?
E

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 01:11:25 PM »
That should be the switch cluster on the top of the handle gearbox
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 09:51:11 PM »
A few things to try.
Bypass the coin in switch by shorting across the wires connected to it.
Jump the yellow common to the orange green on the switch. Then try the yellow to the blue yellow wire side of the switch. Going by memory on the secondary wires so might be different on your machine. Anyway you get the idea. One of those wires trips the coin relay lower left the reel mechanism.
Second try moving the hopper in and out about 1/4 inch. Do the same with the reel mechanism.
As there might be a bad connection at the beau plugs.
You can also manually spin the reels to reset the machine. This can be done by pulling the handle stop lever from under the handle release lever. The stop lever is the first part protruding up out of the top of the handle gear box. Pull it forward, this will allow the handle to be pulled.

Offline big_e

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 06:15:28 AM »
FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!
Of course it could be the loose common wire that was behind the side light panel.  This is the 30 wire from the coin switch to the door plug.  Made one stop at the lights then over to the plug.  When I jumpered directly from the transformer to the switch it started working.  So I traced it out.
Thanks for all the help guys.
E

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 08:01:20 AM »
Nice job. These old EM Machines take a lot of time and patients to sometime find that one wire that’s broken or as in your case can loose. Jumper wires are a great tool for trouble shooting bad coils and switches.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal