New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin plate rattle. E2200  (Read 496 times)

Offline timcdfw

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • timcdfw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Coin plate rattle. E2200
« on: November 24, 2019, 09:36:17 AM »
http://www.dropbox.com/s/v9zd8nijiqdp5z6/trimca9bdfa5-737d-4399-b096-dee5ac2b257d-vlwvwlphmov_PYs9.mpg?dl=0

I hope the above video link works?
I recently changed out the power supply and now have energized the door and the coin operations apparently
But now have a slight adjustment it seems to do here

guess this is progress ...
Not sure why all this HTML code is in my post I did not add that
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 01:12:53 PM by timcdfw »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Coin plate rattle
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 10:09:58 AM »
The video does work. I removed the code out of your post. Better to just use the default fonts on the forum though.
And for future, it's better to add a short description of the problem because, in some cases, videos vanish later, leaving out information for anyone that may benefit from this later. Youtube is better too!
The issue is your lockout coil I believe. For mine, I used a contact cleaner with lubricant, after cleaning around the area and it has solved the problem. Power off the unit first.
Other members, that know more,  will reply soon.  :yes:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 05:12:18 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »
Well it would help if we knew what model game this was? To me it looks like a Bally E-Series. If it is, my guess is that you have a bad connection on the Power Supply plug. Try spraying your power supply’s plug with s contact cleaner or electrical cleaner. Then slide the PS plug off and back on the PS header pins to clean those crimp connectors.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline timcdfw

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 01:12:24 PM »
Thank you both for the feedback and tips. Yes and apologies for not posting it earlier but this is an a series 2200....nickel slot.  It is from Las Vegas and I’m pretty sure it has seen some heavy usage. 

I will definitely try YouTube for that in the future, it would’ve been a lot easier than converting that file and putting it on dropbox!  I think when I posted that link it changed all the fonts etc. so apologies again for that! 👍🏼

So after recently changing out the power supply, I am a little bit closer to getting the coins to accept properly now.  The weird thing is the door doesn’t seem to energize every time I flip the switch, only occasionally..

But when it does get power, that’s when the rattling starts here

But the coins take a different direction instead of falling out of the front they go into the hopper, so I think that’s an improvement.

I will give the suggestions a shot and hopefully get me a little farther down the road 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Appreciate the feedback in this site for sure!!

Thank you again 🙌🏼

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Coin plate rattle. E2200
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 01:33:46 PM »
Bally E-Series can only played using test 8 with the door open. If you try playing them with the door open, they usually tilt. That chattering coin diverted is caused but a bad connection on the PS plug. Those crimp connectors tarnish and loose tension. You can try popping them out of the plug one at a time and clean them with a eraser. Then spread them open and lift up the locking latch with a knife. Check for any burnt areas of the PS plug.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline timcdfw

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 05:16:19 PM »
Wanted to add this video as well....
These flickering lights may also give someone a clue as to what’s wrong

The top right fuse in the box also keeps blowing...

This machine is really teaching me to be patient 😬😬😬

I will work on cleaning the PS connectors this weekend

<a href="http://youtu.be/-fuYCvzlGkk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/-fuYCvzlGkk</a>
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 05:19:35 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 05:47:30 PM »
That looks like you have a bad connection some where, and I’ll almost bet it’s the PS plug. You might want to remove the complete fuse block and inspect those fuse holders too. They break inside and then the top doesn’t fit tight. Those are the first two things I alway check, fuse holders and PS plugs. I can’t tell you how many PS plugs I’ve rebuilt with new crimp connectors.
And remember...

Offline timcdfw

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 05:55:20 PM »
I think you’re correct that surely has to be it... I replaced One of the fuse holders. 
I may have to do them all as well as the PS connection… But that flickering has to be a telltale sign of a bad connection.   Thanks for the tips and I will keep everyone posted 👍🏼

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 10:01:45 PM »
You can reach in over the hopper while the machines on and try wiggling that PS plug. You won’t get shocked, I never have.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal