New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Slight Rant regarding this new forum....  (Read 3667 times)

Offline RILaw

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • RILaw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Slight Rant regarding this new forum....
« on: August 23, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »
I was just going to post a WTB ad in the classified section for a friend who is looking for a machine but learned I am not high enough in society to do so, and will have to donate $10 a month in order to have the privilege??  I also noticed I can only have 10 pm's in my inbox due to my post numbers....Really?  I joined this site back in 2008 when I bought my first Slot (Which started me in the Coin-Op hobby).  I have been helped by many wonderful members here over the years and tried to help others whenever I can.  I have made donations over the years and participated in the Slot raffle yearly as well.  I even took the drive from Vegas one year to NLG headquarters and met some of the wonderful people who make it possible for this site to exist (Still have my little NLG cooler ;) ), but along with some others I don't have the time to post as much as I would like to.  So because of this I guess I am limited now and am just another "Newbie", this I do not agree with.  I understand it costs money to keep a site like this alive, but to force people to spend $120/yr for it?  I'm sorry, I will not do that.  I was comfortable with $25 here, $30 there, but not this.  I am a member in good standing on many Arcade, Pinball, Local Collector forums, National collector forums and I find it strange that this is the ONLY one that is asking for a subscription (I'm sure others exist, but of the many I am a part of, this is the only one).  I think this will scare away new people to the hobby as they will not be able to post WTB posts for parts they may need, which in turn will hurt vendors as they will have fewer possible customers, and so on.

Anyway...Sorry for the rant from this two cherry no access newbie.....

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Slight Rant regarding this new forum....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:13:31 AM »
If you do not feel comfortable with the monthly subscription, you can still contribute the same way we've always done (like you said $25 here, $30 there...which, by the way, is very generous of you, some members think $5 is too much to donate, and it's not becuase they can't afford it). Once you contribute, it "unlocks" more options on the site including Classifieds and the Download section where 1000s of documents are avail for download. You'll also get a bigger mailbox and probably some other perks I'm not aware of.

While Im sure Joey didnt like to have to make the decision, the old site was getting bogged down by freeloaders who'd post a jillion times, getting help from other members on their games. All with no donations, and using the Classifieds as a free eBay. Something had to be done to support the site with it growing in size.

We are glad to have you here RILaw, and don't want to lose you.  :no:  Perhaps you will reconsider and stick with us for a few more years??  :hail:  Hope so!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:47:17 AM »
If I remember right contributing members status is carried over but Joey or another admin has to handle that.

My suggestion is to PM Joey and ask him and give him your member name on old site when you PM him.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline 4 Deuces

• Resigned NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 4 Deuces New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 02:41:59 PM »
 :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

enjoy your new site but your not promoting it on NLG...  To many people have put in too much work for us to be a free ride.....

:Dave
 :spam:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:50:19 PM by Joeylc »

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 03:36:53 PM »
4 Deuces,  It looks as if you signed back up today just to make a post to the rant thread.  Foster is correct,  In the early going Joey had said that previous contributing members from old site would be given a 3-month grace period I think it was but had to pm/contact him.  I contribute a small amount monthly and other contributions as I see fit.  I think this is a Great site with Great members and people full of knowledge that at times go above and beyond to help others on problems,locating parts etc.   I would like to say and know for a fact over the years thousands of good people have been introduced and actually met face to face.  Some of these connections have been long going friendships etc,  Just good folks for the many majority here.  777

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 03:51:39 PM »
I have an idea/question.. Why can't some of our long time loyal member be given a special offers or a chance to buy a life time membership or lower dues? I know that this is a needed cost, but to chase away the people that help make NLG what its become isn't right either.. I totally understand were trying to keep the free loaders out, heck I've even gotten after people that I've helped, telling them to make a donation for my help. It's just a thought because I know of a few long time members that now are listed as newbies too..  :soapbox_3:

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 05:34:33 PM »
:soapbox_3:     Sorry but I have got to add my 2 cents...    :soapbox_3:

enjoy your new site but your not promoting it on NLG... :fryingpan: :fryingpan:
To many people have put in too much work for us to be a free ride.....  :banghead: :banghead:

(HERE'S IS A HINT TO ALL WHO ARE UPSET...)  :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead:

Volunteer to moderator a topic, write up a FAQ on how to use the site.... or how to setup a game platform....  :propeller:

Constantly Volunteer to answer new users Questions ??? ? "Yes the dreaded Slide to replace coin Question"  :banghead:

And as a way of saying Thank you we will make you a contributing member or if you have enuff time in a SR member for Life.  :applause:

The Site Administrators, Site Moderators and SR members.. are watching...
and can put in a request at any time to have you promoted to contributing member OR SR member.
So far a lot of new users have made it
contributing member AND OR... SR member..

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE $10 AT THE
contributing member OR SR member LEVEL AND UP
IF YOU ARE PUT IN FOR IT....
IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY IT'S ALL ABOUT HELPING OTHERS..

You will see a lot of contributing member and SR member Tags on the site.

Just a FYI: Only About 2% OUT OF 1000 members are Paying members so It's not about the money..!!!!!  :talktothehand:

Just like our Banner Ad Space on NLG is NOT For Sale.
All Banner ads are given by NLG To Trusted Members in Good Standing Within our NLG Community.  :cool_thumb_up:

Sorry but this reminds me about the guy that comes over to your house for a party.
Drinks up all of the beer, Eats up all of the burgers, Complains there is NO live band.....  :chug:

But when the hat gets passed around to get another Keg of beer...Or a Run to taco Bell... He's Out the back door... C-ya...  :wtf1:

:yourock: A lot of good people have spent hours and hours over the years keeping NLG Going and making sure the lights stay on....  :yourock:
                              If you want to know who they are... Just look for the members badges... They earned them.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flaming: Joeylc  :nlg_ADMIN_NEW:

we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.....
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 05:53:55 PM »
Joey, I honor and respect you for what you have done with this site, but I am not the guy that comes over and drinks your beers, eats your burgers, and runs out your back door...I'm the guy who makes house calls for free, rebuilds slots and asks for nothing in return and has beers and burgers available for those who want them..... guess I will have to make that post I have been meaning to do about how to replace a monitor in an Atronic for cheap...O, btw on the old site I could have typed this in five minutes,  on this one the delay is ridicules. ...Feels like im on a Commodore 64

Offline Joeylc

• Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 06:02:14 PM »
Joey, I honor and respect you for what you have done with this site, but I am not the guy that comes over and drinks your beers, eats your burgers, and runs out your back door...I'm the guy who makes house calls for free, rebuilds slots and asks for nothing in return and has beers and burgers available for those who want them..... guess I will have to make that post I have been meaning to do about how to replace a monitor in an Atronic for cheap...O, btw on the old site I could have typed this in five minutes,  on this one the delay is ridicules. ...Feels like im on a Commodore 64

how to replace a monitor in an Atronic. I look forward to reading it... GOOD DEAL...    Look at your members badge..   :applause: :applause: :applause:   This is all we are asking for...  and that's how easy it is,,,, Thank you... :odie:

BTW all feature of the site are now open to you.. Downloads, posting in the classifieds, the picture library,
Unlimited pm messages. a new
badge and lots of other neat stuff.. Enjoy..

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 06:11:11 PM »
Lol..Thank you joey! I will do  it tomorrow!    :hail: :hail: :thank_you:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:15:03 AM by RILaw »

Offline Joeylc

• KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 06:19:36 PM »
Your Welcome....   quick and painless..... anyone else want to Volunteer or moderator a topic ???  :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

if not remember: The Site Administrators, Site Moderators and SR members.. are watching...
:sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock:

and can put in a request at any time to have you promoted to contributing member OR SR member.

:thank_you:
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline 4 Deuces

• Resigned NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 4 Deuces New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 07:05:44 PM »
Sorry but this reminds me about the guy that comes over to your house for a party.
Drinks up all of the beer, Eats up all of the burgers, Complains there is NO live band.....  :chug:

But when the hat gets passed around to get another Keg of beer...Or a Run to taco Bell... He's Out the back door... C-ya...  :wtf1:

Is this statement referring to me?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal