New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Will Key28 work on my Game King?  (Read 1048 times)

Offline wifehippo

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • wifehippo New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Will Key28 work on my Game King?
« on: January 18, 2021, 09:40:04 PM »

Hi There!

So my husband wants to change the payout on our GameKing.  I have a keychip but I wanted to check with all yall that I am doing the right thing before I start. 

We are the proud owners on a Game King with these stats:

Model: 96443100
Date of Mfg: 12/02
Game kit: GK003450
Boot PROM: GKB00036

The keychip I have is a 40 pin chip with the title “IGT I-Plus Key28”. 

Some questions:
[/size]Thanks in advance!

Offline wifehippo

• NLG
Re: Will Key28 work on my Game King?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 09:50:01 PM »
Argh my jpgs are too big will upload them tomorrow

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 11:09:29 PM »
Attachments have to be less than 1MB.  Key 28 is the right key for use with a 044 MPU with a flash card.  Be extremely careful when handling the flash card, it's easily damaged by static electricity.  Make sure to ground yourself before doing anything to it.
If you just want to change payback percentages DO NOT select the option to clear RAM or EEPROM memory.  If you do you will have to completely set up the entire game again.  Just select the perform keychip option and then you can change the things you want to. You can't have any credits on the machine to key it, so cash those out before doing anything else.
There isn't a final save and exit option for the keychip menu items.  You will have to save most as you go.  If you make a mistake just correct it and save it.
You should really look into getting a developer's boot chip for your flash board.  It has a built in keychip so you don't have to swap the boot chip with the keychip and also can disable some security checks so your game will boot in just a few seconds.  They less you have to handle the flash card the better off you are.  The machined socket makes it easy to bend pins too, so take your time an be careful with that.  Contact member RB if you're interested in the developers boot chip.

Offline wifehippo

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 02:50:16 PM »
Thanks so much Tilt!

How do I know if I have a 044 MPU?  I finally got my jpg down to size btw.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 02:51:45 PM »
You have an 044 board.  The 3902 uses simms an chips instead of the the piggy back board that is on your mpu (called a flashboard).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 02:54:32 PM »
Contact RB and get a developer's bootchip for it.  You can thank me later.

Offline wifehippo

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 02:57:49 PM »
Thanks so much, both of yall! 

Yep I already contacted RB and got a tracking code for the boot chip!  I'll just wait for that instead of playing games with the 28.

Have a great Sunday, love this board -- yall rock! :)

Offline Divot27

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Divot27 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 10:42:13 AM »
I'm curious what does the "developers boot chip" do compared to the regular Keychips?
Thx

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 10:54:19 AM »
Did you not read my reply #2 above?

Offline Divot27

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 11:04:54 AM »
I did miss that comment.
So basically it's a key chip and a boot chip combined. Will definitely look at ordering 2 (we have 2 machines).
Thank you.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 11:08:58 AM »
Keep in mine it's only for 044 MPU boards.  In your other post you were asking about 3902 board and software.  It will not work with a 3902 MPU board.

Offline Divot27

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 11:10:24 AM »
Thanks.
I'm new to the IGT Game King world. Slowly learning.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal