New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bb2 error and hang while loading higher level OS  (Read 832 times)

Offline Hertz14

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Bb2 error and hang while loading higher level OS
« on: February 28, 2021, 06:15:39 AM »
Any of you run into this?

You’ll have to view the attachment to read the status messages. But it’s failing on “cf_peek”
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bb2 error and hang while loading higher level OS
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 07:51:37 AM »
Looks like the hard drive is either disconnected or dead.  Check the 2 cable connections on both ends.  Were you able to clear the machine assuming you were installing a new game? 
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Hertz14

• Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.Hertz14 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 07:56:24 AM »
It loads 1692 (I think- it’s like h13-31?) and under just fine. Is it possible that the HDD is too small? There’s a 1gb installed. What caught my eye was the message about changing the nvram size.

And yes, no issues with clear and new game with the lower os types.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 08:01:54 AM »
You should have 2 gb ram in that MPU anyway, and I doubt that the HD is too small.  I have one with a 30gb SSD in it an it works just fine.  NVRAM is on the backplane so doubt that's the issue.  What game are you trying to load?

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 08:04:14 AM »
Was playing around with LOTR- I know it doesn’t require that high of os, but just playing with it to better my understanding and education with it. I didn’t see an os game mismatch, and I assumed a higher os in the same fam would still be functional. Am I wrong on that?
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 08:10:28 AM »
Was playing around with LOTR- I know it doesn’t require that high of os, but just playing with it to better my understanding and education with it. I didn’t see an os game mismatch, and I assumed a higher os in the same fam would still be functional. Am I wrong on that?
No, some of the newer OS are not necessarily compatible with older games. I would stick with something that works but do upgrade the ram to 2 gb, it's a cheap upgrade.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 08:23:25 AM »
No, some of the newer OS are not necessarily compatible with older games. I would stick with something that works but do upgrade the ram to 2 gb, it's a cheap upgrade.

Any benefit to putting in a small ssd as well? Did wonders for my avp load times, but since the WMS is single game (except game chest) I didn’t think there would be much difference. Out of all my machines, the Bb2 is definitely the slowest to get up and running.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 08:27:37 AM »

Any benefit to putting in a small ssd as well? Did wonders for my avp load times, but since the WMS is single game (except game chest) I didn’t think there would be much difference. Out of all my machines, the Bb2 is definitely the slowest to get up and running.
Maybe a bit faster but should run cooler.
AVP is the slowest if you have it loaded up with lots of games I found

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 08:29:32 AM »
I have quite a few on my avp, at about 6 mins of load boot time. The Bb2 is closer to 10. Putting the ssd in the avp made a huge difference. It was about 16 mins to start.
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 08:33:49 AM »
I keep looking at that pic you posted and now that you say 10 minutes I think you are loading games without the HD.  The BB2 will function without a HD but will take forever if at all.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 08:41:32 AM »
Hmmm... you may be on to something. It would make sense. I’ll check the cables but may just do a ssd upgrade. Sandisk 20gb sounds good? Anything special to do other than install and clear?
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 08:45:28 AM »
Hmmm... you may be on to something. It would make sense. I’ll check the cables but may just do a ssd upgrade. Sandisk 20gb sounds good? Anything special to do other than install and clear?
If the 20 is what you already have on hand give it a try, otherwise maybe a 30 instead or larger.  Any spare on hand just to see if that helps, but having 2 gb RAM will improve game play too.

Offline Hertz14

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 08:48:07 AM »
Don’t have one yet, just threw a capacity out there. SATA 3?
Current setup:
WMS Bb2e
Bally Pro V32
AVP G23 MLD
Konami Concerto Dual
Konami Concerto Crescent
Aristocrat MK6

Online idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 09:10:09 AM »
Don’t have one yet, just threw a capacity out there. SATA 3?
Yes, SATA 3

Offline copracer1990

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • copracer1990 Is looked down upon.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 09:42:31 PM »
FYI... I did a WD EasyStore 240 Gig on my BB2.  Piece of cake to do. It was only like 29 bucks at Best Buy.  Best thing and improved my boot time on my machine.  Pretty straight forward.... Pulled out old drive, put in new, RAM clear the machine, power down, put in OS and Game CF and loaded up fine, no issues. Just my 2 cents....hope this helps...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal