New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Can it be done? Reassembling a WMS BB1  (Read 1392 times)

Offline DukesCollector

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • DukesCollector New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Dukes Collector
Can it be done? Reassembling a WMS BB1
« on: March 29, 2021, 10:42:39 AM »
Hello,
I'm hoping to combine my Dukes of Hazzard topper and pieces to a base model WMS BB1.  I think I have all the pieces and software needed, I just want to make sure it will work before I pull the trigger on the BB1 that I found.  Can anyone help?  I posted pictures of my pieces in the following post. 

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=29562

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:06:24 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Can it be done? Reassembling a WMS BB1
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 12:18:38 PM »
It's hard to say. Do you have all the mounting hardware to replace the top half of a BB1 behind the duke sign?  Or is it just the plastic overlay?  Also I believe the game was WAP, so you may not be able to get it going stand-alone.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline DukesCollector

• NLG
    • Dukes Collector
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 12:44:35 PM »
So it's only going to basically be for display.  I'd like it run, but will not be for money.  Just free play.  I would frankenstien the mount if I have too.  Attached is a picture of the base I was offered.  I'm not sure what WAP means. 

Offline DukesCollector

• NLG
    • Dukes Collector
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 12:49:53 PM »
I believe I just have the plastic overlay.  There is no backing to it.  I have this led board thing that has a motherboard in it that houses the memory card.  And I have the cars that light up.  All of the wires are intact. 

Offline DukesCollector

• NLG
    • Dukes Collector
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 12:50:23 PM »
This is everything I have. 

Offline DukesCollector

• NLG
    • Dukes Collector
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 01:00:47 PM »
Sorry for all the posts.  I forgot to include the back of the topper. 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 01:18:31 PM »
Under that duck tape might be the plug for the harness that goes thru the hole on top of the machine.

"WAP" means "Wide Area Progressive".

You need a different set of software and  what they call a special TSE board that will allow you to play it as a "Standalone" machine.

See attached below.

Click on photo to enlarge if needed...>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 01:25:49 PM »
That game will play as Stand Alone. Some of use have done it with home brew WAP/LAP controllers. but it may need a Meter to display the progressive or a fooler to make the software think the meter is connected.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline DukesCollector

• NLG
    • Dukes Collector
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 01:38:56 PM »
Is this a TSE board?  If not, where do I get one?  I am totally clueless and would love to learn.  Is it worth buying the above BB1?

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 01:55:12 PM »
What is printed on the label of the small Compact Flash card on the board inside of that box?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline DukesCollector

• NLG
    • Dukes Collector
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 02:13:31 PM »
I really appreciate the help. Here's a close up of the front and back of the card.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 02:31:51 PM »
Oh...That CF flash card was in that box? okay...cool!  :cool_thumb_up:
That's to run the topbox display....so you're all set there....just need accompanying harness to connect it to the machine.
I have no idea what numbered harness is needed there.

As for your other question of "worth"....that depends on you and how much you want a BB1 machine.
What are they asking for the machine and location?
That will help your fellow members answer your question.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 02:32:41 PM »
Only problem is you are missing the Game card.  That card is not the game card, that's the top box controller card.

Offline DukesCollector

• NLG
    • Dukes Collector
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2021, 02:56:34 PM »
I think I have another card as well. I'll have to look tomorrow. By "worth" I mean will I be able to get it to work. The price seems to be really good.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2021, 03:18:03 PM »
I think he does have the display meter.  I could also be wrong, but the assembly the the WAP card is probably the wap controller.  The Tsetse would still be required to fool the machine it has the light controller attached to drive the lights behind the Duke plastic board.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2021, 03:20:45 PM »
Appears to have it.  Here are a couple of pictures I found on the net of the machine lit up.  Question is how does the progressive connect.  A WAP/LAP controller would probably still be needed to run it stand alone.

Offline DukesCollector

• NLG
    • Dukes Collector
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2021, 03:52:02 PM »
Ha! You found those pictures on my blog! I can show you everything I have tomorrow. The cars light up as well.

Offline DukesCollector

• NLG
    • Dukes Collector
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 02:17:16 PM »
These are the other memory cards I have.  What other info would be helpful?  What other pictures?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 03:03:44 PM »
So I recall playing that game way back when I had a BB1 and used a TSE board to fool it to play.  The fact that you have all the other stuff for it would help make it play without the TSE board but how it is hooked up and setup up is an unknown.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 06:04:04 PM »
When you insert those cards, they will pop up on the screen during booting process.
When and if the machine errors out, take a photo of the entire screen...in it will tell us what is wrong and what you need to do.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal