New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: ballys 5500 83f error ?  (Read 4758 times)

Offline havasugameman

• Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • havasugameman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
ballys 5500 83f error ?
« on: October 08, 2014, 05:11:19 PM »
just wondering if there is another way to clear this machine without the clear chips? I have replaced the battery and now have 83f error. if not can you point me in the right direction for a set of chips? thanks for the help
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:41:45 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: ballys 5500 83f error ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 07:34:45 PM »
If you try to clear it and still get 83F try swapping the two RAM chips and clearing it again.

Most 5500 boards don't need clear chips to clear.

Some older software mains require the chips.

Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline havasugameman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 07:52:30 PM »
ok but how do you clear it without the clear chip?

Offline NJC

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • NJC New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 04:12:00 AM »
I have the same problem. I looked at  the board & can't figure out which are the ram chips. Also not sure how to take out a chip.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 07:19:11 AM »
Well I posted to you the two pages from the Bally 5500 book that explained how to clear the 5500 with a jumper but apparently someone decided it could not be posted on this site.

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 09:40:07 AM »
Badbaud I would try it again and make sure your attachment is like one of the following file types.

Allowed file types: xls, doc, mp3, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, jpeg, bin, psd, wmv
Restrictions: 6 per post, maximum total size 20480KB, maximum individual size 10240KB

There is no reason it should not be posted on this site.
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »
It's a PDF file. See attached.

Offline havasugameman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
I can not open the file for some reason? I have downloaded the manual can you tell me the page to look at. can not find it.  thanks

Offline havasugameman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 10:17:17 AM »
ok got it open . but still did not work . still same error never even saw any other codes" ch c or cl c" nothing happened do I need chip set then?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 10:46:03 AM »
Just to the right of the 4 program chips (the ones with the labels on them) are the two large RAM chips.

Carefully pry each RAM chip out of it's socket using a small flat blade screwdriver.

Slide it between the chip and it's socket (!! not the PC board and the socket !!) and rock the screwdriver back and forth as you slide further down the chip.

Your goal is to ensure that none of the RAM chip legs get bent so they drop back into the socket.

Swap the top and bottom RAM chips, plug them back in (line up the pins with the socket holes and press in gently) , make sure the notch on the chip is still facing away from you (same notch orientation as the program chips) then try clearing the board again.

If that doesn't work you need to see if the RAM chips are getting the voltage from the battery.

If the RAM chip's notch is facing away from you place your voltmeter black lead on the lower left  pin of the RAM chip and the red test lead on the top right pin of the RAM chip.

You should read at least 3.4 VDC, a fresh battery will read (across it's leads) about 3.76 VDC. There is a diode in series with the battery before the voltage gets to the RAM chips and it drops about .3 VDC so don't freak if the battery voltage doesn't read the same as the RAM voltage.

If none of the above works then you need to send the board to our shop. Call Larry at 702-363-9998 M-F 11AM to 5PM PST and make arrangements.

Offline havasugameman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 11:02:32 AM »
thanks for the info. I will give that a try and report back

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 03:00:19 PM »
Keep in mind that some older 5500 software did require clear chips. Don't give up.

Offline havasugameman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 05:26:21 PM »
 :thank_you:  ok had to use clear chip set but working great now. thanks again

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal