New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin In Jam / Closure M  (Read 23011 times)

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Coin In Jam / Closure M
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2016, 06:52:53 PM »
Unplug the connector going to the LED display. (The one that shows winner paid, credits, and total bet.
Now turn on the machine. Are the button lights now out?
If yes let the machine continue it's boot. See if the error changes to 7 segment display mis match( you may have to raise and lower the door handle a few times).
If it does you have most likely found the bad actor.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Border01

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2016, 07:07:17 PM »
 Unplugged it deck lights still on. What's next?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2016, 07:16:03 PM »
Try changing out the VFD if it is the type that has a ribbon cable going to a card on the door try swapping that card with the one from FP. Don't forget to plug the LED display back in.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Border01

• Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2016, 07:18:14 PM »
Sorry but where is it located?

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »
Here's a photo of the door

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2016, 08:24:44 PM »
New style display doesn't have separate board. Swap out the display with the red caution warning. Note heed the warning only do with power off.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2016, 09:17:19 PM »
Regrettably that didn't work. You guide me I'll follow instructions

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2016, 09:21:24 PM »
Someone catch me if I'm wrong here, but if you have a bad part that kills your IO card and you change the card but not the bad part won't it just kill the card again? And make it appear like you were hunting in the wrong place for the problem?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2016, 09:39:11 PM »
Maybe I am assuming but I think your talking I/O cards. I believe he has installed them in his Frog Prince and they are working in that machine.
I'm also assuming this is a senet issue and I'm going down the list. Please chime in as I am rapidly losing my confidence on being able to trouble shoot Reel Touch. First Luvrenos duck and now this :fryingpan: .

Senet list :
Door I/O cards 1 or 2 cards depending on Config     
All player buttons       
Comparator         
Coin in Optics         
Coin path solenoid either to hopper or drop bucket in stand         
Player Display 5-5-2 or 6-6-3 denom touch pad has its interface chips on the 6-6-3           
Display on left side of reels (4 line display or 9 line display)         
5 line light box     
Jumper in door harness to signal mpu it is an upright.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2016, 09:50:24 PM »
So if everything connected has been replaced would it be a bad motherboard? I don't think this has anything to do with it being reel touch, the problem and solution would be the same on a standard S2000. What about a short on the denom touch panel?

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2016, 10:18:57 PM »
If nothing else it has to get you thinking. It's all about the deck lights. The shouldn't be on?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2016, 10:37:41 PM »
I'm running out of airspeed, altitude and ideas.
Try changing the LED display (instead of just unplugging it.)
or trade whole display panel to eliminate the touch pad like cowboy said. What's next MPU?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2016, 10:45:41 PM »
The touch panel can be unplugged to see if it's a problem. The game will work without it.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2016, 11:03:31 PM »
Have you checked the chips on the legacy adapter board to be sure they are seated correctly with no bent legs and in the right direction? Those 1270 boards are a pain for putting the SB in because the socket is in a bad place right next to the tray wall. I always take the board off to mount that chip. That could cause the button light issue I think, but it wouldn't cause the coin in jam

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2016, 11:04:34 PM »
I'm still leaning toward an issue with the motherboard itself or a connection issue between the motherboard and MPU

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2016, 08:55:08 AM »
Don't know if this helps at all but I noticed when I install the clear chip no deck lights are one. Same thing if I have the key chip in. As soon as I install the SB chip the deck lights are on immediately.  Should I try the SB chip from frog prince?

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2016, 09:37:17 AM »
Or should I swap the mpu? 

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2016, 11:00:42 AM »
If you swap the MPU it should help eliminate potential problems albeit you'll get an error that the top box doesn't match. It should tell you whether the button light issue is MPU r3lated or not though

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2016, 11:15:56 AM »
I made a bad situation even worse. I pulled all the chips off the Munsters mpu to confirm they were seated properly. I inadvertently installed the game 1 stepper base into the SS U33 slot. Now all of the lights on the mpu are lit up and the bottom red light is flashing. Did I fry the mpu or the game 1 stepper base or everything?  It did a clear and key procedure as normal. Gave the ram error and reset procedure and wrong EPROMs but absolutely nothing when the SB chip is reinstalled if that means anything?

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2016, 12:27:57 PM »
Some good news. I had a bent leg that caused the malfunction.  I guess my stupidity did bite me in the butt. Back to the same original issue. Do I put the Munsters chips onto the frog prince mpu board to do the mpu test?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal