New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT PE+ Bill Validator Questions  (Read 11389 times)

Offline umop-apisdn

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • umop-apisdn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT PE+ Bill Validator Questions
« on: November 10, 2014, 06:23:47 PM »
Hi,
Please forgive me for my inexperience.  I promise that I have tried the search function and have been reading posts for days before posting my dumb new owner questions.

I have recently acquired an IGT PE+ Slant-top Deuces Wild Video Poker Game Machine.
Most everything works fine, including game play, coin-in, coin-out, etc..
The only things I've been having issues with are the sound output (speaker is present, but no sound), and the bill validator (JCM DBV-045 with red light, but doesn't pull the bill, and the transport makes a slow clicking noise, with no apparent attempt to drive the belt/gear mechanism.)
I'm not as concerned with the sound output, as for now, it is in my home, and are perfectly happy with playing it without sound.
The Bill Validator is a problem though, since shuffling coins in and out of the machine constantly is a pain.
I've taken all the steps to see that there is no obstruction in the head unit or the transpors, and that all pieces are installed correctly, plugs secure and tabs lined up correctly.
I've decided that either the transport is unable to move freely enough to initialize, or the head unit is dead and not recognized by the machine.  (I'm no expert, and could very well be wrong.  Just assuming at this point that I'll need a new Validator kit.)
Here are my questions:
Is it true that the only Validators I can put in the PE+ machine are JCM DBV-045 and JCM DBV-200 with the 045 taking only bills from the mid '90s and before, while the 200 will take most current bills, not including modern 100s?
Are there more modern BVs I can install that will take all modern US bills?
Where can I buy BVs and/or BV parts to use in my machine?
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Offline umop-apisdn

• NLG
Re: IGT PE+ Bill Validator Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 12:17:03 AM »
So, I've been told that a WBA-12 may work in the PE+.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S2000-BILL-ACCEPTOR-WBA-12-V3-80-NEW-100-00-DOLLAR-BILLS-/161046590313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257f1ff369

This is what I'm looking at.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/vgm/4703709195.html

This is the machine I want to put it in.

Am I going to need any adapters, harnesses, chassis, or such, or will it be pretty much plug and play.  I'm hoping for the best, but at least looking for a bit of guidance.

All info appreciated.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
If you currently have a DBV-200 (or 45, or 145), you cannot simply plug in a WBA unit. The housing and harness is different for the 2 models of validators. To say that the ONLY units you could install are XXX and XXX is a little too broad of a statement. Both DBV and WBA units will work in a PE+, you're not limited to just those 2 models. Some people use the wrong lingo (like calling a bill validator a DBV, when DBV is the MODEL, not an term for bill validators in general) and it makes it confusing as heck! Here's a little insight on the different models of validators:

Both the DBV (Dollar Bill Validator) and the WBA (World Bill Acceptor) are made by JCM (Japan Cash Machines). They are different models (DBV-45 being the oldest, followed by the DBV-145, then DBV-200). The WBA was offered in a WBA-10, WBA-11, WBA-12, and WBA-13. The difference in the WBA models is the bill acceptance orientation (Face Up - 2 way acceptance, or Face Up/Down - 4 Way Acceptance, Software - flashed to the unit, or Software - unit has a physical EPROM that stores the software.)

WBA-12 offers 4 way acceptance, with Flashed software (meaning you have to send it out to someone who can flash it with new software when necessary).
WBA-13 offers 4 way acceptance, with EPROM software (meaning you can buy a new EPROM with the new software on it, should updates be available).

I would suggest you post in the Bill Validator thread of the site, which addresses problems with specific validators. A few pictures and some info and you could be shoving in bills!

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 10:55:13 AM »
WBA 10/11 is one way acceptance if I remember correctly with president's head facing to the right.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 11:13:11 AM »
The power supply is also different between a DBV and a WBA

I've only had one or two S+ upright machines with a WBA never a slant top. We do know a WBA can be made to work in a slant top, but I don't know why I'm saying this but you may run into problems with the WBA bezel in a slant top machine.

I think your best bet is to toss that 145 ( they were junk when brand new ) and get a DBV 200 and a 200 power supply. ( Yes the power supply is different between a 145 and a 200 )( or should I say a 200 power supply will power either one but a 145 power supply will not power a 200)
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline umop-apisdn

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 12:37:43 PM »
The power supply I have appears to be the updated one.  It has vent slits on the sides, which I've read is a sign of the 200 model power supply.  I could be wrong, I haven't read the label.
I'm not as concerned with bill orientation, as that can be learned.  We don't need to be pushing bills in all crazy and getting upset if they don't go.
I would like the machine to take most of the $20s that we have around.  I don't care if the latest color $100s or even $10s work.  It's better if they did, but I'm not running a business.
I'd be happy popping a couple $20s into the machine.  It's better than dealing in all quarters like we have been. 

I found a deal on a JCM DBV-045-SG.  Will this fit in place of my JCM DBV-045-SS?
I know a 200 would be way better, but I'm still looking, but for what an 045 costs right now (almost nothing), it's worth a shot, right?  Just don't know if those suffixes mean anything that I need to worry about.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 02:52:43 PM »
you can put a WBA  in a PE+.  get version 3.80 soft ware, that will give you all the currency up to the new 100 bill, BUT NOT THE NEW 5 dollar  bill.  You will need the following:
WBA transport housing and harness assembly.
WBA transport which consists of the head, transport, and software. and bezel.
WBA power supply  Phifong model comes to mind,13vdc output.
WBA cash can.

the housing is easy to replace, two screws on the back wall and one or two on the left sidewall.
not 100% sure of the type bezel you will need.

A 200 head is a great improvement over the 145 head, it will allow 4 way acceptance, and offer all the currency as the WBA. the biggest drawback to this set up is the transport unit. they have been know to jam alot, old worn belts. its takes a little more patience to remove the stuck bill.

with the WBA, the transport comes right out  and you can open the the back real easy to retrieve stuck bills,

Hope this helps

JIm                         

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 02:58:03 PM »
I found a deal on a JCM DBV-045-SG.  Will this fit in place of my JCM DBV-045-SS?
I know a 200 would be way better, but I'm still looking, but for what an 045 costs right now (almost nothing), it's worth a shot, right?  Just don't know if those suffixes mean anything that I need to worry about.

The suffixes are JCM's way of noting the bill acceptors bill path orientation, as in horizontal or upward or whatever. Some machines like arcade games, soda machines, etc need the bill pathway to go upward or downward instead of straight backward. The SG and SH are horiz orientation. So the suffix does matter if you are going to install an entire setup (head & transport and housing) to replace your old one. If you look at the JCM website you'll find a lot of info, they even have manuals to download, they explain the different models they make. But if you are just swapping a DBV head for another DBV head then it will fit, you may need to replace the software eprom so it works with the bill transport  but as long as you stay with US currency versions the head will fit. JCM makes DBV models for use with foreign currency and they are a different width, such as Canadian DBV models.

Others here can say for sure but I think the -045-SS is a more secure version.*SEE CLARIFICATION POST BELOW*   The SS models used 2 locks in the cash storage area, making it more secure. They are all horizontal transport bill acceptors, the head sits directly in front of the transport, after the bill passes thru the transport it drops downward into the cash can compartment.

Another thing to keep in mind when buying a used bill validator system is the communication protocol, also called the "ID". Different slot machine manufacturers use different communication protocols. The bill validator "talks" to the slot machine cpu so they have to have the same or compatible comm protocol. Popular protocols are ID-023, ID-044, ID-003, etc. If you buy a used bill validator and it uses a different protocol than your slot machine they may not talk to each other, you would need to change the software in the bill validator to match your slot machine. Usually there is a little sticker on the bill validator head stating the protocol it uses, but if someone updated it with different software by replacing the eprom or flashing then the protocol could have changed and they didn't remove the old sticker. There is an eprom or a flash memory chip inside the bill validator head that contains the software and comm protocol, sometimes it is visible thru an opening in the head enclosure. If you can see the eprom/flash chip there usually is a label on it giving version of software and comm protocol.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:13:38 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 03:11:16 PM »
usually the "ss"  means the physical construction of the unit, in the "SS" model, you have to put a bezel on the input of the unit,  on the "SH" model there is a hard plastic input throat as part of the input.

Jim

they are not interchangeable,   usually the ss models were for IGT,   the SH models were for Bally, Sigma, and Williams machines.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 03:28:06 PM »
Thanks Jim for the clarification.

Here is some info out of an old JCM manual about the differences between those old models on the way the bill has to be inserted.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »
usually the "ss"  means the physical construction of the unit, in the "SS" model, you have to put a bezel on the input of the unit,  on the "SH" model there is a hard plastic input throat as part of the input.

Jim

they are not interchangeable,   usually the ss models were for IGT,   the SH models were for Bally, Sigma, and Williams machines.

Jim - here's a couple of pages from an old JCM manual that covers the meaning of their model numbers and suffixes at the time. They weren't very clear on what the SS suffix means but I've read elsewhere that the SS models have a 2 lock cash compartment for extra security, maybe that was something specified by IGT for its machines. Which bill pathway does the SS models have (up, down, horizontal rearward or downward)?  Also, I read a post somewhere that the SG and SH models are interchangeable, is that correct?  Thanks!

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 09:37:31 PM »
And that SHOULD be enough info to make your head spin....check back to us with any questions after you get wade through it! Whew!  :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 12:29:02 AM »
Another vote here to just upgrade to a DBV-200.  It sounds like you already have the proper power supply -- just get the rest of the guts for it and you should be in business.  Post in the Classifieds section that you want to buy a DBV-200 that is compatible for an IGT S+ or PE+ (they both use the same one).  They shouldn't be terribly expensive, either.  Don't mess around with another 45 or 145.

You might as well get a new cash can (bill stacker box), too, since it's possible that your current can is part of the problem (if the gears are trashed on it).
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline umop-apisdn

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 09:14:41 AM »
Thank you all for the great information.  I found the bill transport to have a gear with a couple broken teeth, so replaced the transport, and am running good.  The dbv 145 does have a little trouble with returning bad bills, and of course doesn't take current bills, so a 200 is on the way.
I bought a speaker to replace the broken one and hope that will bring sound back to the machine.

The only issue now is, I'd like to be able to feed the game bills and have payouts set up as hand-pay.  I can't set the credit in number to be higher than the hopper size number, so any wins over a certain number get spit out as quarters.  I'd prefer not to have to keep hundreds of quarters in the hopper if possible, and also avoid the hopper time out error.
Any advice? 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 11:25:51 AM »
In the later S+ software, you could set the hopper limit to 1, so anything higher than 1 quarter during cash out, it would go to handpay.  Then you unplug one wire from the cash out switch so it doesn't work anymore.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline umop-apisdn

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »
The problem there, is that if you set the hopper number too low, it won't accept bills larger than that number, and also once you have more credits than the hopper number, even small wins pay out in quarters.  Also I don't want to disable the cash out button, I want the cash out button to trigger handpay mode so I can use the jackpot key to clear the credits.
Any help?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 10:29:40 PM »
Some of the newer PE+ software has separate credit and hopper limits.  You could upgrade your game software to a newer version or a different game that supports both options.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline umop-apisdn

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 10:52:31 PM »
Mine has both options, but it won't let you set the bill limit higher than the hopper limit, which I think would solve my problem.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal