New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Low battery every time ?  (Read 5169 times)

Offline marcus600

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • marcus600 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Low battery every time ?
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:43:48 AM »
HI , i do not speak english very well....

but i will try to explain

i bought my bally S6000 with progressive at 31 /12 / 2013 !

all was ok ,  but 1 month after , i got C10 error , i understand my battery was dead on my progressive card.

i replaced the battery (with chiness battery)

I reparer the progressive  with PSP sofware and co etc etc... all was back and fine.

3 week later , Again C10 error , on the battery only 0.4 V .... chiness battery = bad

so i bought another battery i bought expenssive energizer, i did all with the Psp software again/

all was back and fine

but yesterday ..... C10 error again .... it s strange becaure it was ok The morning ... but the evening I got this error again....

pile again low (under 0.5V)

i don t use a lot my slot that sur , but i don t that it normal and I do not want replace every month the battery with setup

what is my problem ??

thx you a lot

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Low battery every time ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:31:08 PM »
The last time I had that problem it ended up being the capacitor in the battery circuit.

On a S+ slot it was the tantalum capacitor near the RAM chip.

On a 6000 it was a .1 uF cap near the RAM.

Both caps were sucking the battery voltage down, replacing the capacitor fixed the problem.

Put a fresh battery in your board (again) and use a voltmeter to find any capacitors that have the battery voltage on them.

If you are careful you can use a soldering iron and raise one leg of the capacitor off of the board then watch your battery voltage and see if it still drops.

If it does then that is the capacitor to replace.

There may be up to 3 caps on the board relating to the battery circuit so you need to keep hunting around with a voltmeter until you find them all.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 12:57:10 PM »
I think he is talking about the battery in the progressive box. These progressives do not like to be off for any period of time. On solution is to take 2-3 batteries and tie the +'s together and also the -'s together and attach to the board as you normally do. This will at least give you 2-3 times the life of one battery. Hope this helps.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
The only way I would parallel 3 batteries is if I put a forward biased diode in series with each battery first.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline marcus600

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 01:02:13 PM »
the card i m talking about , is the one where you have the Menu display and were you plug the computeyr for PSP .

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »
The Mikohm progressive boards from my experience do not hold a charge very long and can not be powered down for long periods at a time. (Longer than a week or two).

I also believe battery is a rechargeable type. Are the replacements you are using rechargeable?
Other than upping the capacity of the battery like idylewild1 said earlier, probably the easiest thing to do is turn the machine on for an hour or two each week.

I know it's not a real good answer but it give you an excuse to give the machine a few pulls each week.

And I almost forgot:
 :NLG_WELCOME: it's .com now

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline marcus600

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 10:52:41 PM »
I do not use rechargeable type, the board is able to recharge battery ?

true it s not good anwser , but well ... it seen its normal cause .... so what to do ? i will try with rechargeable type, if it don t work ,i will probly sell my slot and buy another wihouth progressive,
i do not want buy 2 or 3 battery by month

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 08:09:54 AM »
We had a great thread about this topic on the old web site...Here is the link...Hopefully this might help you understand a little better of what might be going on with your progressive...

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=13611.msg117159#msg117159

Jimmy

Offline marcus600

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 08:39:40 AM »
thx you ,

so i will maybe try , with LHS 20 battery is very very bug capacity Battery and 3.6 V

it should workd ...

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 08:51:45 AM »
It did for mine...I still recommend turning on the machine for a day and let it re-charge the battery...Do not put a diode in as it will not allow it to charge...
Jimmy

Offline marcus600

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 09:12:34 AM »
what battery did you use ?

540 × 828Recherche par image
PILE LSH20 LITHIUM 3.6V 13000mAh LR20 SAFT

i wanted use this i have a lot  but not rechargeable

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 09:31:34 AM »
I do not have the machine anymore, but I believe I decided to use a 1300mAH rechargeable battery I found lying around in my garage that still worked...Sorry for the confusion, after using the Radio shack one (which is not rechargeable) I change it out...I fully charged it first, then installed it...You could find any high mAH rechargeable with the same voltage output and it should work...
Jimmy

Offline bruno

• bruno New User has no influence.
  • LOVE BALLY & UNIVERSAL
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 06:05:33 PM »
Hi,
The controller is a Cham II+ (stand-alone).
I helped marcus600 when he had his problem and told him the battery type required.
The problem is not that the battery is Chinese or African or whatever, the battery must be absolutely RECHARGEABLE !
Panasonic VL-2020 (or strictly similar)
If the new battery is a non-rechargeable one, the controller do not hold the charge very long (like Rich said).

Offline marcus600

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 04:04:25 AM »
french time :

Merci bruno , mais je ne savais pas qu'elle avait la particuliarité de ce recharger...

tu m'as effectivement dit : " Mikohn possèdent une pile soudée de type pile bouton au lithium Panasonic VL-2020 (3 volts/20mAh) ou équivalent"

mais je pensais que c'etait une pile classique genre 2032 pour l'équivalent,  un grand merci encore une fois Maitre bruno  :hail: :hail:

english : thx you bruno i will buy this now

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Panasonic-ML2020-VL2020-for-BMW-Fernbedienung-Schlussel-accu-battery-KEY-FOB-F1-/321407329842?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item4ad55ea632

this one is ok ??

Offline bruno

• bruno New User has no influence.
  • LOVE BALLY & UNIVERSAL
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »
Yes, the ebay link shows the right type of battery.
The lugs of this battery are angled (special type for BMW key fob).
It is better to select a battery with straight lugs (easier to solder).

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal