New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Adding Progressive To S2000?  (Read 10192 times)

Offline CJ

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • CJ New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Adding Progressive To S2000?
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:33:43 AM »
I've read a lot on here about a progressive display and its looks cool and I think I want to add it to my S2000 machine. I would like to have the Mikohn ChamII+ Progressive.
First of all, Where do I get one? What would I need? Where Do I start?.  :Scratch-Head:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Adding Progressive To S2000?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »
Why would you want a chamII+ when you can just add a netplex display and be done with it, no additional hardware, plugs right into your netplex plug in the top box.  Unless you want messages, there's not point to it?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 11:20:23 AM »
Why would you want a chamII+ when you can just add a netplex display and be done with it, no additional hardware, plugs right into your netplex plug in the top box.  Unless you want messages, there's not point to it?

:agreepost: :I_agree_1:

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 04:47:16 PM »
If you like the netplex type I have one available. Plugs into the netplex board on the back wall. Programs through key chip menu.

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 05:09:10 PM »
dose he already  have a top  glass that's for a progressive?

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 05:19:32 PM »
dose he already  have a top  glass that's for a progressive?

Good thinking Steve. Non of us thought of that.

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 05:22:38 PM »
 glass might be hardest part to find  imo 

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 07:23:41 PM »
You guys need to think outside of the box!   Make something to mount it into and use it for all games.

or use a mini one ..

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »
You guys need to think outside of the box!   Make something to mount it into and use it for all games.

or use a mini one ..

Ken, I might be interested in one of those.  Do you just remove your award sticker on your top glass?  Does it stick the back side of the glass and show through the award window?  Got a picture of what the finished product/outcome looks like?

What does that setup run?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline CJ

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 11:29:46 PM »
I want to achieve something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag94RWzZF2k

I do not have a glass top window for the display to see through . I was thinking I can mount it right below the glass somehow. In between the door and top glass.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 11:38:18 PM »
If you want the message, you have to go with a chamII+, the netplex will only display the progressive award.  What slot theme is in your machine, maybe someone can sell you a whole setup (top glass + progressive setup)
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline CJ

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 11:53:57 PM »
It's a triple double wild cherry,

Offline CJ

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 11:56:04 PM »
Here's my machine.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 06:34:29 AM »

or use a mini one ..

Ken, I might be interested in one of those.  Do you just remove your award sticker on your top glass?  Does it stick the back side of the glass and show through the award window?  Got a picture of what the finished product/outcome looks like?

What does that setup run?

Jason

Jason .. the award amount insert would need to be removed if you want to install it there. Somehow it would need to be taped (or bracket made). I don't have any pictures of the mini in action. If you are asking how much for the unit a $25 donation in our name to NLG would work. .. Thanks, Ken

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 07:36:29 AM »
I do not have a glass top window for the display to see through . I was thinking I can mount it right below the glass somehow. In between the door and top glass.

Here's a link to a thread where a NLG member just did that.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=762.0
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:06:27 AM by Tilt »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 07:48:10 AM »
Jcharles,
Personally I prefer chami type progressives because of the ability to have a scrolling personalized message.
That being said they are more involved but not overly difficult.
You will need a chami II+ or standalone to work on your machine.
That consists of a power supply, main board and the display which with a little work you can mount it i above the door where the player tracking was located.
You will also need a laptop ( old one) with software you can get here.
You will need to make a cable to go from your laptop to the Chami for programing.
If you want to go this route let us know we can help you with every step.
You can get a unit from Rudy or Ohio Gaming or many of the other vendors here.
One more thing there is a battery in the chami that will hold it's charge for about two weeks if the machine is off or you will have to reload the chami again from your laptop.
as long as you use your machine at least a short time every two weeks this should not be an issue

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline CJ

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »
Tilt,  that is exactly how I imagined it to be mounted. Ok now I gotta buy it somewhere. Any kits out there that comes with mostly everything I need? WTB

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 01:22:12 PM »
See reply number 3 above

If you like the netplex type I have one available. Plugs into the netplex board on the back wall. Programs through key chip menu.

Do you have a key chip to open the program menus?

Offline CJ

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 02:23:19 PM »
Can the netplex one scroll messages and can customize the messages. Like the YouTube video I posted above?

Thanks

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 03:21:25 PM »
No the netplex will not scroll messages.  You will need the cham II style.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal