New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Board AS-2979-1  (Read 2723 times)

Offline filounet

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • filounet New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Board AS-2979-1
« on: June 01, 2018, 10:15:34 AM »
Hi,

I have two machines that do not work because of AS-2979-1 cards
I tested with a card that works and machines work
I also tested the memories and are ok

I rang all the points of both cards and it works
Do you have any idea of the problem?

In advance thank you for you help and have a nice day
 :thank_you:Philippe

Offline filounet

• NLG
Re: Board AS-2979-1
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 10:28:47 AM »
Precision by plugging the cards this indicates as code 1 or 7 on the slot machine
 :thank_you:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 11:13:30 AM »
Ok let me get this straight.. You have two machines that will work if you install a known good Ram board.. You have tested the Ram chips from the bad boards and they all work.. That pretty much narrows it down to the 3 soldered on IC’s U3, U4, U5 on the Ram Board.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 11:54:45 AM »
Ok so how can I test the 3 ICs?
 :thank_you:

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 12:55:22 PM »
That I’m not sure.. Badbaud might know how, but he has a board tester too. I don’t think all three of these IC are still available for sale. I know that Badbaud works at K-Lar and I think he has all the parts to repair them there.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 01:26:16 PM »
I'm going to step out on a limb here, I think your two connectors are defective, replace them, and I think you will be in business. the only problems I have ever seen with that board were the connectors.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 01:54:38 PM »
Ok thanks for your return
Are you talking about J1 / J2 or U1 / U2?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 02:06:06 PM »
He’s referring to the edge board connectors. See the yellow arrows on my pic.
And remember...

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »
If you have tested the Ram chips from the bad boards in the good board and they work. The connectors may be hard to find. The other 3 IC's are available.  If you can solder, hit the pins on the J1 & J2 connectors and possibly some of the other devices.  If soldering is not something you do, I can replace the 3 chips on both the PCB's. I can test them to see if they are good 1st. I won't be able to test the complete board. I did not see any of the PCB's on eBay. Good luck.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 04:35:36 PM »
The edge connectors are available on EBay. I never could find all three of the soldered on IC Chips. Do you have any information on where to buy them??
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 04:58:37 PM »
I have the connectors, IC's, plus the header pins for the MPU board.The OP contacted me about buying a working RAM board then never emailed me back after I replied.
Mouse drop, I'm outta here.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 05:09:51 PM »

Amechanic. If I read the chip numbers right from the pic, U3 74LS30  U4 74166 and   U5 74LS27 then they are at Mouser and most other vendors like that. eBay has them too. The 74166 is harder to find (TTL) but the 74LS166 (LS) is out there a lot.
74LS30    8 Input Nand Gate
74166      8 Bit Parrallel In/Serial Out Register
74LS27    Triple 3 Input Nor Gate

Any idea on the manufacturer on the headers?
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 06:10:14 AM »
ebay 162789762379

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 03:16:25 AM »
Hi,

The connectors are changed but the card still does not work so it must be one of the 3 ICs that is dead
Have a nice day.

À propos de Google TraductionCommunautéMobile
À propos de GoogleConfidentialité et conditions d'utilisationAideEnvoyer des commentaires

(edited to remove large blank space in message)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 09:15:07 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 06:19:31 AM »
It could be bad RAM sockets.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 07:15:45 AM »
It could be bad RAM sockets.

So true 🤔 I forgot that Bally used those cheap sockets in there slots and pinballs.
And remember...

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 09:36:49 AM »
I warmed the welds before changing the ram sockets and one of the two cards works perfectly so thanks to your advice I have two machines out of 4 that work again
 :hail: :hail: :hail:

A big thank-you
Philippe

:thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 09:59:02 AM »
It’s not just the solder joint, but the inside connections of the sockets that fail. They loose the spring pressure on the legs of the ram chips. The old style socket only make contact on one side. The newer style is on both sides of the legs.
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 02:03:00 PM »
If you pull out  RAM chip and the legs look dull and not shiny then the DC current of the battery has caused a electro-chemical reaction between the IC and the socket.The socket must be replaced.With those old, original, Bally sockets you can pry the plastic housing off of the socket to expose all of the pins.Then desolder the pins, clean the holes out, buy a AMP double wipe IC socket to replace the corroded ones.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal