New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: E 1000 Almost up and running, need some help  (Read 745 times)

Offline Bikertrash00

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Bikertrash00 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
E 1000 Almost up and running, need some help
« on: January 10, 2020, 08:49:00 PM »
Hey everybody, I stated quite a while ago I picked up an e 1000 and finally have had some time to get at it, I stated in another post that the hopper board was blown and another great member here pointed me in the right direction and got a new board, finished that, checked the other fuses and light couple fuses were blown and 2 fuse holders needed replaced, done. Fired it up and seemed good then shows 50 000. Started running test and on switch test everything seems good except for the cam switches and the door key switch. If I run load test seems like all the solenoids to fire. If I fire the machine does quick count up, reels do not do anything, reads 50 000 and light flashes, close door nothing, lock door flasher goes out, accepts coins bell rings and light for each coin, no arm pull.

Thanks as always!

Scott
Jack of All, Master of None!

Game Room: Virtual Pinball built in 1978 Gottlieb cabinet, M.A.M.E built in old NARC cabinet (Sold), Cherry Master Bonus III Machine (Sold), 1978 Star Mfg Popcorn Machine, 1996 S-Plus Triple Diamond Slot Machine (Sold), 1981 Bally E-Series.

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
Re: E 1000 Almost up and running, need some help
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 08:29:35 AM »
Was it a stupid question?

Thanks,
Scott

Game Room: Virtual Pinball built in 1978 Gottlieb cabinet, M.A.M.E built in old NARC cabinet (Sold), Cherry Master Bonus III Machine (Sold), 1978 Star Mfg Popcorn Machine, 1996 S-Plus Triple Diamond Slot Machine (Sold), 1981 Bally E-Series.

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 11:08:22 AM »
"Ask a stupid question, be a fool for a moment, don't ask questions be a fool for a lifetime."
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 06:00:06 AM »
Ahhh, very true, I will see what I can figure out later this week.

Thank You,
Scott

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 07:05:45 AM »
Update: Too many projects at once this winter, lol. Ok to start I guess this is a e2000 not 1000 and I have had some time this week to work on it, I started with the cam switches, fixed a connection and verified actual timing so that is all good, next I figured out everything in the reel mechanism was stiff and sticky, cleaned and lubed everything and mech is functioning great now, double checked specs on pull mechanism and all good. Put reels back in and fired it up, put coin in and pull handle and the reels spin!......and spin...and spin:( At that time I noticed the 3rd reel sensor was not lit, pulled back out, pulled connections and reconnected a couple of times and put back it in, now the handle will not pull again and sensor still not lit. Being I am having intermittent issues I assume the problem must be electrical, I will start trying to find bad connections, re-solder pin connections etc. Maybe I will get lucky

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 05:46:52 AM »
 I found a bad reel reader, switched cards around and problem follows the card, I will try and diagnose card tonight. Another question, is the 3.6 volt NiCd in my machine just for accounting? It does not take a charge and is below 1v when power off.

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 06:35:03 AM »
Change one resistor on the RAM board to a 1N5817 Diode and remove that NiCad battery and put in a 3.6V Lithium Ion battery as shown in the attached.
NiCads tend to leak and eat traces and RAM socket pins.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 07:06:49 AM »
The E2000 RAM battery mod is posted in the "how to" section of this forum.

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 01:03:01 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I will go ahead and make that mod just to avoid future damage if I ever get it running, lol.

Is it only for accounting? Just want to make sure it is not causing other problems, the NiCd is not leaking and no signs of prior damage.

Thanks Again!
Scott

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 03:04:17 PM »
It may only be for accounting but a defective RAM chip or related chips will give you a error and lock up the machine.
The MPU does check to make sure the RAM portion is healthy.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal