New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Michael Jackson Icon on Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32  (Read 6597 times)

Offline alfa75

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • alfa75 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Michael Jackson Icon on Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32
« on: March 09, 2019, 02:18:58 PM »
Is it possible to install the Michael Jackson Icon Game on a Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32 with an USB installer or Flash Card? Thanks!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Michael Jackson Icon on Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 09:10:44 PM »
Yes, but you need a 2GB Nvidia card like a K2000, I believe a K620 also works, although I have not personally verified it.  The other thing you need to do is connect the topper to the nvidia display port.  Disconnect the primary 22 inch monitor and connect the top 32 inch monitor to the primary port.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 11:25:28 PM »
Yes, but you need a 2GB Nvidia card like a K2000, I believe a K620 also works, although I have not personally verified it.  The other thing you need to do is connect the topper to the nvidia display port.  Disconnect the primary 22 inch monitor and connect the top 32 inch monitor to the primary port.
Thanks for the very helpful answer, I still have a question, can I buy any Nvidia K2000 (e.g. from here: https://www.ebay.com/b/Computer-Graphics-Cards-NVIDIA-Quadro-K2000/27386/bn_25374551) or do I have to pay attention to something? Thanks!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 11:43:33 PM »
While I cannot verify the vendor you chose, I have bought several on e-bay and they have worked.  Other than the ones that were DOA.  You will have to figure out a bracket so the card doesn't move, but that's not all that difficult.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 11:48:55 PM »
While I cannot verify the vendor you chose, I have bought several on e-bay and they have worked.  Other than the ones that were DOA.  You will have to figure out a bracket so the card doesn't move, but that's not all that difficult.
Do you have a purchase tip for me, a good vendor ar something else? Do you have a photo or a link how this bracket should look like? What is meant with DOA, sorry do not know this expression unfortunately.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 11:58:28 PM »
Ok, I know it DOA means Dead On Arrival

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 07:31:30 AM »
I don't want to recommend an e-bay vendor because if something goes wrong, it comes back to me.  It has happen more times than I would like.  Just look at the feedback and buy from someone who  recycles or someone who sells more than one.  As far as the bracket is concerned.  I use the original PC bracket by straightening out the "bend" and fitting the other side between the power supply and the MPU's outer case.  Here's a photo of what that looks like when installed.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 07:52:36 AM »
I don't want to recommend an e-bay vendor because if something goes wrong, it comes back to me.  It has happen more times than I would like.  Just look at the feedback and buy from someone who  recycles or someone who sells more than one.  As far as the bracket is concerned.  I use the original PC bracket by straightening out the "bend" and fitting the other side between the power supply and the MPU's outer case.  Here's a photo of what that looks like when installed.
Thanks for the note on the assembly, that's very helpful. Do I understand correctly that the game Michael Jackson Icon with the current graphics card (see picture) will not work? What is still unclear to me is the connection from the topper to the Nvidia display port, the topper currently has a VGA cable, do I need an adapter?  By the primary port you mean the HDMI where the 22 inch monitor is currently connected? What is it like if I want to play Titanic or another game again, can I play it on this changed graphics card or would I have to undo it?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 01:10:27 PM »
I can't tell what video card you currently have it could be K600 or a K620.  It is usually written on the top edge of video card.  The K2000 will work with any game, that's why all my mpu's have that card now, so I don't have to worry about it.  The k620 will probably work as it has 2GB of RAM. 

You will need a display port to vga adapter, like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-DisplayPort-Adapter-Plated-Converter/dp/B00Z08TZNU/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=displayport+to+vga&qid=1552248084&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Yes, the primary port is where the 22 is connected now.  You would connect the 32 there and then use the adapter to connect the topper to the display port.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 03:45:31 AM »
I can't tell what video card you currently have it could be K600 or a K620.  It is usually written on the top edge of video card.  The K2000 will work with any game, that's why all my mpu's have that card now, so I don't have to worry about it.  The k620 will probably work as it has 2GB of RAM. 

You will need a display port to vga adapter, like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-DisplayPort-Adapter-Plated-Converter/dp/B00Z08TZNU/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=displayport+to+vga&qid=1552248084&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Yes, the primary port is where the 22 is connected now.  You would connect the 32 there and then use the adapter to connect the topper to the display port.
Thanks again for your support and help. The current card is a NVidia Quadro 600 1GB PCI-Express DisplayPort DVI port and so I assume it won't work, will order a K2000 and the appropriate display port to vga adapter (thanks for the link).

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 02:36:16 PM »
I installed the K2000, but the upper monitor (Topper) didn't show anything. After/while starting the OS the Bally sign was displayed but after finishing the configuration it remains black. I tried to reset it several times and reinstalled it without success. I then gave up and tried with the K2000 to install the games running on the V22/32, but there I have the problem that the touch is extremely shifted to the bottom right. Also the calibration in the install mode or in the game setup didn't work. I'll put the K600 back in tomorrow and hope that I can at least get those games running which are suitable for the V22/32.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 03:21:55 PM »
The video card has nothing to do with the touchscreen.  In order to use your 32 screen to run the game.
1.  Video topper gets connected to one of the display ports on the k2000
2.  32 inch monitor goes into the dvi port of the k2000
3.  Bottom 22 inch monitor is not connected.
4.  You need to move the serial touchscreen connector from the bottom port to the top port.

Michael jackson Icon takes a LONG time to load, it maybe up to 20 minutes before anything shows up on the topper screen.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 12:04:33 AM »
On the 32 inch monitor I don't have any problems with the touch screen, but if I cable it so that it's ok for the games on the V22/32, 22 inch in DVI port, 32 inch display port, Topper and iDeck on VGA, I have these problems that the touch is heavily shifted down to the right, it also can't fix with calibrate. I didn't have that problem with the K600. Do you have any idea what this could be?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 09:46:42 AM »
When you switch the cabling between the 22/32 and just 32, are you also swapping around the touchscreen cables on the serial ports?  I have no idea why a video card would make any difference since they are two separate things.  I've never had touchscreen issues switching from one video card to the other.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 12:53:13 PM »
It looks like the problem only exists in Game Config and Installer mode. I put on a game (Cash Spin feat Quick Hit) with the 32 inch monitor (there is not the problem with the displaced touch) and then changed the monitors again after the installation. The game is running and also the symbols at the bonus features can be selected, the tolerance may be a bit higher. I suspect that the calibration on the 22 inch monitor doesn't work properly, do you give me a tip what I can do?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 01:40:48 PM »
I never use touchscreen during the installer (it has never worked right, and the with vertical 32 inch screens, you have to do the rotate function on the screen for it to work).  I just twist the reset key twice and it installs all the default components. 

I've had intermittent issues with the touchscreens on the older machines.  I usually change the touchscreen controller and it fixes it.  Oddly enough, if you have the monitor with the touch issues in a horizontal position (like when the door is opened all the way up), the touchscreen works fine.  It is the oddest thing.  Other than that, I don't know of anything else to try.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 01:56:09 PM »
Could changing the cable from the touch screen possibly help?  Where can I get such a cable?  Or is it not possible to change the touch controller without changing the monitor?  Do you have a helpful link?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 07:04:12 PM »
The cable either works, or it doesn't, typically changing the serial able won't do anything, if you had a bad cable, it would error out with a touchscreen com error.  As far as the touchscreen controller goes, it depends on your monitor type.  My V32 and my V22/22 have a 3M 7720SC controller (Picture below).  It is behind a metal shield that is removed by 2 (or 3) screws, then it is held into place by a pair of screws.  It has the flat gold cable coming from the touchscreen, then 2 pin power, and 5 pin serial.  Always good to have spares in any case, even if your works right.

I have a bought a few from this guy and they have all worked for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-Touch-Controller-EXII-7720SC/171357303361?hash=item27e5b0f241:g:KkAAAOSwVupTmnv3

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 12:59:30 PM »
The cable either works, or it doesn't, typically changing the serial able won't do anything, if you had a bad cable, it would error out with a touchscreen com error.  As far as the touchscreen controller goes, it depends on your monitor type.  My V32 and my V22/22 have a 3M 7720SC controller (Picture below).  It is behind a metal shield that is removed by 2 (or 3) screws, then it is held into place by a pair of screws.  It has the flat gold cable coming from the touchscreen, then 2 pin power, and 5 pin serial.  Always good to have spares in any case, even if your works right.

I have a bought a few from this guy and they have all worked for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-Touch-Controller-EXII-7720SC/171357303361?hash=item27e5b0f241:g:KkAAAOSwVupTmnv3
I've changed the touchscreen controller and now everything works fine, thanks for the hint.

I've an another question regarding installing Michael Jackson Icon on the V22/32 machine. I can't get into the setup menu there, respectively it looks like the game won't load, I left the door B&M open and only the door B for testing. I waited more than 15 minutes for both variants, but it didn't happen. Which door would have to be left open for me to get into the setup?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 01:27:57 PM »
You need to have open door M to get into the correct setup menu.  Also it takes more than 15 minutes to load.  I would leave it running for at least 45 minutes, your load time depends on mpu type and how much memory you have.  There's a red light for activity under the rightmost set of ethernet/usb ports on the MPU. The red light indicates SSD activity.  This light stays pretty much lit or quickly blinking during the load process.  As long as the light is lit, the game is still loading.  Also the screen will change from the Bally logo with the circles around it to a black screen and I believe the ideck will say (or maybe the v32 screen) select Denom on it, then you can enter setup.  Also while loading, if you press setup button on the mpu, you will hear a buzzard sound, like you did something wrong that you are not supposed to do.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal