New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1088 wrong pay out  (Read 6518 times)

Offline hunter2280

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • hunter2280 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 1088 wrong pay out
« on: March 24, 2016, 07:53:45 PM »
I picked up a bally #1088 dollar machine this weekend not working,would not take coins and the handle would not move.freed up the air cylinder and cleaned and lubed every thing. Then it would take coins and the handle would spin the reels. Then the next problem was no pay outs, the pay out counter was not turning. Cleaned and lubed started working but wood not reset back to zero, cleaned the two plugs on the wiring harness, now it works. Now it pays two coins for one cherry and four coins for all other wins. If i manually push the plunger on the pay out counter after the first four coins it will pay out four more coins, on a 14 coin pay it will pay 12 coins after i push the plunger twice and the winner payed light comes on. the 18 coin pay will pay 16 coins after i push the plunger three more times and the winner payed light comes on. 

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
Re: Bally 1088 wrong pay out
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 07:57:01 PM »
which plunger are you pushing please include a picture

Offline hunter2280

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 08:06:22 PM »
The plunger that steps the pay out counter

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 08:09:57 PM »
if it stops off a few coins and quilts and you hit the Step Up plunger and then hits a couple of more and quit and you hit the plunger again and steps a couple of more and it quits the payoff board is dirty or the fingers on the payout court order to take it apart clean it with some red Scotch-Brite no oil on the payoff board clean it really good the fingers and the board

Offline hunter2280

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 08:20:57 PM »
I cleaned it when i took it apart the first time.and it really wasn't dirty. I checked it with a ohm meter going from the f terminal to each of the pay terminals 2,5,10,14,18,and the 100. manually stepping one step at a time. and they all worked like they should.     

Offline hunter2280

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 08:24:16 PM »
Also if i move the coin out arm on the hopper it will do the same thing it will pay out 4 more coins

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 08:25:09 PM »
obviously you are not new to this Hobby how about when is not paying and it should be if you reach over the top of the hopper and very carefully push the payout relay down for just a second to see if that makes it go again

Offline hunter2280

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 08:30:05 PM »
Have not tried that yet. This is my first bally. i have six IGT S+. Been doing this for less than a year

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 08:34:42 PM »
it's going to be pretty basic it makes contact for a minute then it quits that makes then it quits the plug on the back of the harbor the plug on the back of the real machine 1 solenoids is dirty clean everything I have total Faith you can get it running and welcome to the ballys EM Hobby

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 08:43:22 PM »
dang voice recognition software

Offline hunter2280

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 08:46:38 PM »
I will take a look at it again tomorrow. I cleaned all of the plugs with 400 grit sand paper.the one on the back of the hopper and the two on the reels, and all of relay contacts. maybe not good enough.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 128
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 06:35:43 AM »
Check the Zero switch rubber stopper and the switch armature shaft. One or both could be sticking.
As described the machine has been sitting for awhile and the rubber cushion/stopper becomes very sticky just like the air cylinder rubber cup. On the zero switch armature shaft, manually work it up and down while applying new lubricant.
Not at the shop right now and can't verify the following, but if these parts are sticking the and hopper starts running It could distort the payout.
In pasts post rubber pencil erasers have been used  replacing the stop/cushion. I like to use high quality rubber vacuum line. 1/4 inch thick walled tubing seem to work well. If I remember correctly, the length is 1/4 of an inch. Installed this into the 1090 a couple of years ago and seems to be holding up good.
Watch, now that I mentioned it,  it probably crumbled last night.

On a side note, Jon, on your voice recognition, go in to your voice settings and under "BEERS" set it for the equal amount consumed 1,3, 6 pack whatever and see if that helps. Just kidding of course. Still have the 1090 schematic on my list for things to do. Also have some cable I want to send you, I think its 18 pairs.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:27:00 AM by DavidLee »

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 06:58:36 AM »
sweet Dave I'll make those adjustments on my voice recognition I still got your 8:09 class here and I found a piece of Chrome for a 1088 for the belly go out if you want it

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »
Make sure all your payboard wiper fingers are making good solid contact.  Lift them each up with a small flatblade screwdriver, and when you release them you should hear little clicks as they fall onto the board.  Also, during this type of pay problem, grab the front of the carriage (the horseshoe part) and gently pull it forward toward you and see if that makes it payout.  That would indicate (again) poor wiper finger contact.
And finally, make sure that when the wipers reset that they are contacting the board, sometimes if the zero stop is maladjusted they will reset back too far and lose contact with the segments.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline hunter2280

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 05:55:19 PM »
Ok to day when i got home at about one i took the pay out counter all apart again, made sure every thing was clean lubed and the finger were making good contact. I could not find any thing wrong.Put it back in no difference. Been messing around with it for 3 hours still no difference. I set the machine manually to the 100 jackpot and it payed the 4 coins so i turned the cam by hand and it payed out 5 or 6 coins i did this until it went past the 100 pay pad.So i pushed the plunger to reset it back to 0 and the hopper started and just kept running till i unplugged the machine. I plugged it back in put 3 coins in and and  got 2 cherries out came 5 coins spun it a couple more times and got 3 bells and out came 18 coins. What i did i do not know , but it is working now. Thanks for every ones  help

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 128
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 07:28:36 PM »
Glad you got your machine going although serendipity. The force of the step up cam coming back and hitting the zero switch Jared something or going over the 100 reset something in the odds unit. Lots of possibilities.
Keep us posted if it reverts back to distorted pays and you narrow down the problem. I'm sure everyone would like to know.

Offline hunter2280

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 07:30:13 PM »
Here is a update, when it started working on its own it  only lasted one day and went back to the four coin payout. It took me three more hours before i finally found the problem. It was the delay relay circuit switch, the small micro switch on the back of the pay out counter it was worn where  the arm pivots. Installed a new switch and has worked great .

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 07:35:52 PM »
sweet I've never seen that switch cause that problem but I do have 4 in my field service box

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 04:41:54 PM »
That's the switch that operates the safety timer along with the delay relay.  I've never seen it cause that problem.  Generally if that goes south what happens is the machine will time out after just a few seconds.  Its purpose is to reset the safety timer to keep it from shutting down the machine in the event of a runaway.  It resets every few seconds during the payout. These are used with payouts that use the Xunits, multiplier machines.  You can always work around a malfunctioning delay relay by adding more time to your safety timer.  Instead of 10 seconds or so, you can adjust it out to 45 seconds or much more.  It's a safety anti-runaway circuit.
Odd that that would fix your problem, but hey, if it works, that's a good thing.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 04:43:43 PM »
This is the switch that rides on the outer ring of your 100 tooth paygear, yes???

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal