New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My first Bally Slot Machine 742A-M1  (Read 6522 times)

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: My first Bally Slot Machine 742A-M1
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 05:42:26 AM »
UK:

To answer your question YES. the ones that I have give great light.  VERY comparable to the incandescent.  Better light in my opinion.  I posted a comparison several years ago.  Before and after. I will see if I still have the pictures.  One thing is for sure, I have NEVER burned out 1 single bulb since the switch.  Their quality control is excellent.

NO. those are NOT the lights I used that you sent the link for.  Under LED drop down menu on the website I would go for the FROSTED or WIDE.  They are most similar to the standard #47/44 bulb.  I bought in bulk at a Pinball Show in Allentown Pennsylvania call Pin Fest.  The lady that will answer the phone is very nice and will probably cut you a better deal once you mention the show and that you are a referral from across the pond. 

DO IT BEFORE BREXIT.  They may cost $100 USD each after that fiasco plays out.  :24:

Happy hunting
Ra

Offline OldUKGuy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • OldUKGuy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2019, 09:57:12 AM »
Hello Ra

Many thanks for your response well over a week ago about the LEDs; I sincerely apologise - for reasons best known to someone else, (old age/stupidity perhaps?) I failed to notice that the string of posts had gone over to page 2  :Scratch-Head:

Maybe the final question on lamps - having now inspected all of my bulbs, I have found that all but one, which is an 89, are bulb #63.  Are you saying that these frosted #44's will be ok in their place?

Many thanks UK

PS, don't get me started on ****** [expletive deleted] Brexit  :Crazy:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »
The mounting base of a #44 or #47 (both will work) have a smaller size mounting base then the #63 bulb. Both are the same voltage.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2019, 01:45:09 PM »
UK:

Mechanic is correct and I am sorry if I was not clear.   The. 44/ 47 and 63 bulbs are NOT interchangeable.   I find it curious that you don't have at least ten 44/47 bulbs behind your top glass. As far as cointaker LED bulbs, I did try some of the 63 replacements.   I was NOT impressed.   I noticed that Auto parts stores  have LED 63 bulbs but I have not tried them.

Ra

Offline OldUKGuy

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 04:19:34 AM »
Thanks Mechanic for the info about the mounting base sizes.

Ra
This is a list of the bulbs behind the door on my machine, there is a bit of a variety, from the top downwards:

Behind the "payout list" on the right hand side as you look at the front of the door 1 x 89, 1 x missing bulb
Behind the "3 x Star 100 coins" on the left hand side as you look at the front of the door 1 x 63, 1 x blown 63
Behind "insert coin" 1 x 89
Behind "coin accepted" 1 x 89
Behind "winner paid" a replacement bulb (its metal part is silver rather than brass coloured like the rest) no number, but a voltage "6v 3w"
Above the "coin cup/payout tray" 1 x 63 and 1 x 63 blown bulb

That's a total of 9 bulbs; 3 (or maybe 4 ) of which are type 89 and 4 (or maybe 5) are type 63. but, in the Bally EM Manual supplied by OldReno, in the parts list in page 73 "Front Door Assembly P II", every reference that I can see is for a type 66 bulb.

So, the machine seems to have had all of the bulbs changed at some time and not replaced with the type 66 as per the manual.

Should I replace them all with one type of incandescent and if so which one or, preferably I'd like to replace them all with LEDs for longevity and again, which type should I shop for please?

Many thanks - Confused of Blighty

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 04:37:21 AM »
UK:

It is I that was confused.  Well, more careless than confused.  After reading your last post I went back to your first message to us with the PICTURES.  Now I understand and remember that this White sides has no UPPER multiplier, thus no lights for said non existent component.  Duh!  Again I am sorry, LOTS on my plate here.

From what I understand, and read on this forum many years ago, the 66 bulb burns a little hotter, and perhaps brighter, than the OEM spec bulb.  That may look good but will be bad, and perhaps will damage your glass over time.

As far as and LED with a compatible base that will fit the socket, YES they are out there.  YES I tried them.  NO I did not like them.  The LED,s in this size had a flat top and "shot" the light in 1 direction.  IF they were domed like the bayonet based bulbs I think that they would be VERY viable.  After getting back to you with this post I am going to check the cointaker web site.  They may make domed 63 based bulbs now but at the time that I bought my lifetime supply they were not available.   

IF I find that a new product exists I will post a link. 

In the mean time, and in the interest of expediency and cost just replace the bad bulbs with the OEM's for now.

I am over 50 years old and easily confused.  Please accept my apologies again for the earlier misunderstanding on my part.  I am a work in progress.  God is not finished with me yet.

Ra 

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 04:46:38 AM »
UK:

https://cointaker.com/products/63-super-5

Here is the link for the compatible 63 base bulb on cointaker.  It features multiple individual LED's facing in all directions.  Better than what they had when I was buying them but still now domed.  My thoughts is that it will make a bright spot and not diffuse the light properly but that just an hypothesis. 

IF you want to give it a try let us know your results.  I will keep searching for you.

Ra   

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2019, 04:56:49 AM »
UK:

https://www.ledlight.com/63-miniature-bulb-ba15s-base-led-6-to-24-volt-g6.aspx

Some others for you to consider.  OK I will not bother you any more...

Ra

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 12:04:12 PM »
uk guy
hi i am in the uk all you will find here are some amature enthusiasts but always willing to help if i can you can pm me if you wishled lamps:i think they are called a1 pinball spares i will try and dig his card out i bought a 100 off him for my machine they flicker a bit when the reels spin but i can live with thatlamps and starters:if you know any electricians the lamps are t5 i think, usually used in emergency exit lights the starters are usually marked 4 22w they will be ok for any lamp from 4 to 22w
if you want the #63 lamps then try swallow amusements he stocks them still i thinkps:where are you based i am near portsmouth

Offline OldUKGuy

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2019, 09:23:50 AM »
Mark
Thanks for saying hello - I have sent you a PM.

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 12:40:04 PM »
hi old guy can you pm me at markjones568@gmail.com

Offline Seaweed

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Seaweed New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 02:17:48 PM »
Hi UK guy.  I am curious about a possible mis-match of your reel strips and the payout glass.  We see lemons on the reels, but no lemon symbol on the glass. Perhaps someone here can comment weather this is normal....or not.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 03:00:40 PM »
That’s normal on the money honey machines to see lemons on the third reel. They are not a paying symbol, just meant to be a bad thing. 😷
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Seaweed

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Seaweed New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 07:45:54 PM »
Thanks Mechanic.  Since I wrote that, looking at lots of pics on this site, I see it is quite common.
I never realized there were "fruits" that never paid in any combo. And were they only on the 3rd reel?

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG

Offline OldUKGuy

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2019, 02:15:43 AM »
Hi Ra
Thanks for continuing to look out for me  :thank_you:

But, in an earlier post Mechanic commented that the 44/47 bulbs have a smaller base than the #63s. So not sure that these would work, although the all-around light sounds great.

The same site does have a box of 10 x #63 incandescent bulbs for the bargain price of $2.50 (that's about the same price for 3 over here in the uk); the bad news is that the shipping charge will be $52.60,

I'm going to pass, but thanks for your help.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2019, 04:53:22 AM »
That's right!  I am sorry.  I totally forgot that the game that you have does not have the top feature unit.  I am old too. 

Ra

Offline OldUKGuy

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2019, 05:48:01 AM »
Not as old as me.

Is 68 too old to have started to get involved with EMs?

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2019, 06:45:17 AM »
68 is PERFECT! :yes:

Offline OldUKGuy

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2019, 09:39:19 AM »
You say the nicest things  :rotfl:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal