New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What's in the Bally Owner's Pictorial Guide?  (Read 995 times)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
What's in the Bally Owner's Pictorial Guide?
« on: July 04, 2021, 09:36:47 AM »
Hello everybody,

I want to know what is in the book Bally Owner's Pictorial Guide

I am NOT looking for a copy or PDF, but just knowing the content because I already have a few booklets and I wouldn't want the same.

If someone has it and can take one or two page photos at lower quality because I don't want a copy.

Thank you !
IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline tuna

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • tuna New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: What's in the Bally Owner's Pictorial Guide?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 02:33:32 PM »
My copy is at the house and I'm on the road, It is a good book to have.  It covers the electroinc circuits, mechanical operation, also has pull out schematics on the 742a, 831, 873, 809 machines.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 02:41:45 PM »
it is somewhat unique.  A few books just used material from the bally parts manuals and their added value is marginal.

my images are too big to post on nlg, so look here for the table of contents pages and a few random sample pages:

http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/owners_pictorial_guide_samples

the book should be available at cover price, so don't get gouged.  e.g. buy directly from the Gambler's General Store web site ... don't buy via their listing on amazon.  You can also see if Mead Publishing is still active- http://www.meadpublishinglasvegas.com/slot_machine_repair.htm

If you want to buy a used one that is pretty much like new, I have one which I was planning on putting on ebay at some point, anyone is free to pm me an offer.  I'll include a pdf version as well since that's really handy for searching. 

someone is selling a basically new one on ebay now for $40 with free shipping.   Definitely avoid the photocopy listing for $20.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 03:01:54 PM by wolftalk »

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 01:44:35 AM »
Nurbo:

I agree with Wolf when he says that it is a book worth having.  When I got into this hobby/addiction, I was a babe in the woods.  At the time, ALL of the books were available and cheap.  I bought as many of them as I could get.  Do not get ripped off on the price of the book. 

I have found that many of the books available ABSOLUTELY have overlapping content.  I have also found that there is some benefit of having multiple explanations and sometimes pictures of how to solved a similar problem.  One explanation may compliment the other and make the whole think click into the realm of understanding for you.  Back when I was buying EM's like crazy and the addiction was at it's peak many machines came with a manual of some kind.  When I sold them or traded up I just passed the books on to the grateful new owners.  That was my experience.  Your mileage may vary.  Best of luck either way

Ra

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 03:59:06 AM »
Hello,

Thank you all for your responses.
Indeed, I had already noticed that many books on electro-mechanical Ballys had similar content.
This book still seems much more complete than all the others.

IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline essmeier

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • essmeier New User has no influence.
  • CTE
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 12:39:49 PM »
I own a copy.  It's the best book I've seen on any topic with regards to how to repair it.

The book doesn't just tell you what to do; it shows you photos every step of the way.

I regard it as an essential purchase.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal