New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 873 - Payout problem [Resolved]  (Read 12341 times)

Offline essmeier

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • essmeier New User has no influence.
  • CTE
Re: Bally 873 - Payout problem
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »
AFAIK, my 14 pay wire is good; I seem to have good continuity all the way to the plug.  I pulled all three wiper arms off of the reel unit the other night and cleaned all of the contacts and the wipers and made sure they're all making good contact.  I've reassembled it and everything pays correctly ....except the plums.

My copy of the Bally slot book showed up today; I'm going to spend some time with it to get more familiar with how the machine works before trying to tackle this problem any further.  I simply can't find anything that's amiss, but clearly something's not right.

Charlie

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
Did you ever try your plums relay as I suggested?
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline essmeier

• CTE
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 02:28:12 PM »
Did you ever try your plums relay as I suggested?

I'm not aware of one; if there's a plums relay anywhere in that machine, I haven't yet found it. 

Charlie

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 05:55:18 PM »
Reply #7
Reply #12

Offline essmeier

• CTE
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 06:41:33 PM »
Reply #7
Reply #12

From reply #7:

Look and see if there are any relays mounted on the right hand side of the 3rd reel wiper.

There are three of them.  They are labeled:

Bar relay
Bar relay
Bar relay

I haven't found a plum relay anywhere in the machine.

Charlie

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »
Does anything happen when you push down on any of these relays when you have a plums pay on the machine???
It won't hurt to try stuff, you know...at worst you'll blow a fuse.
Have you tried plum pays on all 5 lines???

Offline essmeier

• CTE
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »
I haven't tried all of that yet; just haven't had the time.  According to the schematic in the Geddes book, there IS a plum relay and it's part of the hopper mechanism.  I haven't seen anything like that there, but I'll check into it.  I've only got one or two relays in the entire machine that aren't labeled, but nothing with a label has the word "plum" on it.

It might be the weekend before I can devote any serious time to this, but if anything interesting happens in the meantime, I'll let you know.

Charlie

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 05:36:35 PM »
Charlie,
I just found an 873 schematic, and it does show plum relays.  Quite an interesting paper, about 6+ feet long, but not nearly as long as a Continental schema. 
Your plum relay has a 41 wire going to it.
What a fun, this thing is one of the more complex reel board Assemblies.
It would be fun to explore this together, but we will need some good photos of the relays and coils.
Cool.

Offline essmeier

• CTE
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2014, 08:33:43 PM »
Success!  Well, mostly.

I found the plum relay.  It's unlabeled and mounted on the floor of the hopper unit, directly below the hopper itself.  It's really hard to remove even if you move the pay board out of the way.  There was one switch on that relay that was somewhat bent out of position.

When I put the thing back together, I lined up three plums and it didn't pay.  I then opened the door, stuck my finger in there and manually engaged the relay and it paid out.  Since then, it's been paying out consistently for three plums in any arrangement.

Not sure if it's completely fixed, but the plum relay was obviously the location of the problem.  Time and repeated play will tell the tale.  My only remaining problem is an intermittent "winner paid" light, but the circuitry for that is fairly simple so I think it shouldn't be too much trouble to fix.

Thanks to all for the help with this.

Charlie

Offline JanGbg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 01:47:25 AM »
Great! :-)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal