New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal Slot Machine Questions  (Read 1490 times)

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Universal Slot Machine Questions
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2023, 07:19:39 PM »
Again, make sure the INCERT COIN light is flashing when testing for voltage to the comparitor. They go hand in hand.

If I remember correctly the power is always there, the MPU connects and disconnects the ground.

Offline Mpruitt

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mpruitt New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2023, 08:34:08 AM »
Success!  We did it, or I should say you did it.  The machine is now running.  I swapped the wires as you suggested.  I even got the three pin connector back together.  Once I plugged in the power supply to the coin comparitor it lit up immediately.  I didn't have to replace any fuses.  The machine is accepting coins and playing.  If I may, I would like to ask a few final questions.

1. Is there a way to make the machine continuous play?
2. Can you tell me how to find the fuse panel in case a fuse blows down the road? 
3. Is there a way to oil or lubricate the reels?  I noticed the reels are noisy when they turn.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued help and support through this process.  It was worth the effort to see the machine actually play.  This is going to be fun to play.  Thanks again.

Offline Pitts256

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2023, 10:06:24 AM »
Fantastic!  :applause:

As for your follow-up questions:

1. Is there a way to make the machine continuous play?
Like an AUTO play, nope. You have the option to insert coins and a winning combination is immediately paid-out from the hopper or it goes to credit. When the "Collect" or "Cashout" button is lit wins will go to credit. Make sure you have plenty of quarters or tokens on hand otherwise you'll spend allot of time refilling the coin hopper.

2. Can you tell me how to find the fuse panel in case a fuse blows down the road?
The fuses are located on the power supply, to the left of Reel #1, just below the power switch (see photo).

3. Is there a way to oil or lubricate the reels?  I noticed the reels are noisy when they turn.
The reel assemblies do not require any lubrication. They're noisy by nature (stepper motors), the reel strip plastic cage gets loose on the shaft or the motor bearings wear over time, the plastic cages amplify it. If the noise becomes overwhelming then the motor or the entire reel assembly needs to be swapped out.  Some fixes have been posted using rubber bands, epoxy, shims etc. About the only reel assembly maintenance is cleaning the dust off the photo eyes with some compressed air or a Q-Tip.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2023, 05:43:32 PM »
Glad to hear it is running! Good eye Pitt!!

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2023, 06:22:12 PM »
Continuous play.

Well.........I once used an 8-pin delay timer to continuosly run my Uni Ultra until credits ran out. Powered the timer from lighting 110v and wired a set of dry contacts on the timer in parallel to Max Bet button wiring. Set it for 30 seconds. Had a switch on the110v to turn timer off/on.
Credits were easy to get in the Ultra by setting denom to pennies and incerting an old $5 bill to get 500 credits.

With an old Uni you would have to build up credits by play. 2500 would be the max.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 07:21:40 AM by UNIMAN »

Offline Mpruitt

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2023, 06:40:40 PM »
Thanks Pitts256 and Uniman.  I truly appreciate all of your help.  I couldn't have done it without your help.  I will be content with inserting coins and building up credits. 

This has been a fun experience.  I am now on the lookout for another slot machine as I have other family members that want one. 

Offline Mpruitt

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2023, 01:36:11 PM »
I have been playing the game for about a week.  I got a few small payouts over the last week.  There have been no large jackpots.  Is there a way to adjust the payout frequency so that the payouts are more frequent? 

Offline Pitts256

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2023, 04:00:51 PM »
Unfortunately the payout tables are programmed into a game eprom chip plugged into the CPU board specifically for your machine and the overall percentage in the chip cannot be changed. Sometimes the entire eprom can be changed to one with a better payout (if it exist), Uniman may have more information on the chips.

The payout percentage is based on a million plays over a period of time and it's cyclic. So you could play for days without any decent payouts then suddenly it hits a jackpot followed by a few more good hits. Let's hope you're in the low payout cycle and not stuck with a low percentage pay-table eprom, patience prevails.   
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 05:57:02 PM by Pitts256 »

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2023, 10:32:03 AM »
If you press the green test button 9 times, numbers will be displayed on WIN meter. Post those numbers and I can tell you the calculated payback for that gamechip.

Believe it is five nunbers each starting with 9, the test number.

Something like;

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal