New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New SSD install?  (Read 2563 times)

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
New SSD install?
« on: June 20, 2023, 02:57:56 PM »
If I put a new SSD in my G23, what is the correct order of file install to get the machine running again?

Also what is the best OS and Menu for a G23?

I currently have a GK with roulette.  I want to swap to the same style menu but without all the waisted space that GK adds (100s of poker I don't play)

Any information or guide you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: New SSD install?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 07:48:56 AM »
Install new drive

Insert ekey and diag key. Turn machine on.

Wipe the drive. I would just do a full wipe, drive/nvram/and cabinet so drive is formatted to QNX filesystem.

After, Turn machine off insert Ekey and USB stick with O/S, AI014BOC is latest non-gameking then turn back on.

Install O/S will start automatically, should see on top screen. Restart machine with Ekey installed and USB with O/S TAKEN OUT

Let machine load and will take you to where you setup your cabinet.

After setting up, install games.

You can play around with menu option in ekey setting, there is a Modern theme that I love. I use the tabs feature with ALL, POKER and KENO with 9 games per screen.  Just remember that if you use the REEL tab, not all games will show up unfortunately some video games are not considered REELS.  If you love gameking main menu there is also a gameking main menu install out there too.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 04:51:37 PM by ChrisColumbus »

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 08:05:02 AM »
Here is a link to show you what my main menu (modern looks like)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 08:16:47 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 09:57:42 AM »
Thanks Chris!!

Offline lazzerjett

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • lazzerjett New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 11:27:44 PM »
I am impressed, and hopefully you will allow me to pick your brain.  I just posted about getting a G23 AVP with tall CSI themed top screen.  It has an ICP controller with 6 games that I bought as a package.

I want to get ekey 00007 and diagnostic and learn what I  can and cannot do with it.

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 05:36:13 AM »
I am impressed, and hopefully you will allow me to pick your brain.  I just posted about getting a G23 AVP with tall CSI themed top screen.  It has an ICP controller with 6 games that I bought as a package.

I want to get ekey 00007 and diagnostic and learn what I  can and cannot do with it.

They Pop up on here for sale here and there. Just be on the lookout on the classified section. I saw you were at 93%, if that is the NVRAM, then you will not be able to add much more. That's about topped out. The size of the hard drive doesn't matter,  NVRAM % is. 80GB with 4 GB Ram is about all you need with an AVP. You can put a bigger hard drive in, but because of the NVRAM limitations you will never be able to fill it up. That cannot be changed. Member RB on your other post says he may have one for sale. Check with him

Offline lazzerjett

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 02:00:39 AM »
I did buy an ekey 0007 from RB, nice guy.

I would really like to find someone that is really familiar with the IPC controller, the AVP G23 Tall machine, and is willing to help by providing instructions and insight on how to add/remove games from the IPC controller and definitely insight on what to do and not do while using and getting familiar with this setup.  I also would like to discuss what is the best way to lower my resources used of the NVRAM on my I/O from 93% to a much lower percentage while allowing me to remove and add games and how that reflects on the IPC controller use and the games on it.

Thanks to all that are willing to support me in this conquest.
Tim

Offline millionaire2k

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2023, 02:33:27 AM »
Most people don't have an IPC, not worth the hassle IMO. I'd suggest creating a post for your IPC question instead of asking on an unrelated post.  You will get more traffic from people with knowledge about IPC that way.

NVRAM - There are only a few ways to reduce NVRAM usage.  First you could uninstall games you don't play often, this is the quickest/easiest way to free up space.  You could disable games you don't use often, this will not free up much NVRAM, but it will free up a very small amount that can add up.  This is helpful if you have a GK poker set, disabling a bunch of un-used poker games can free some NVRAM.  Again, not a lot.  The last thing you could do is swap to a non Game King install if you have it.  GK and all its poker will use up a TON of NVRAM.  Uninstalling the 100+ poker games GK has will be most beneficial in freeing up NVRAM.  Swapping out of GK however requires work Vs. the other options.

Hope that helps.

Offline lazzerjett

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2023, 10:58:28 AM »
Thank you very much

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal