New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pressing Button to Add Credits For Free Play on S-Plus Machines  (Read 1942 times)

Offline twinfire

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • twinfire New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Pressing Button to Add Credits For Free Play on S-Plus Machines
« on: December 18, 2023, 01:37:19 PM »
Being able to simply press a button that would add as many credits as you like into the machine would be awesome!

Hey member “stayouttadabunker” did this DIY circuit board for adding credits to machine link here: https://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2044.msg15303#msg15303 ever come to fruition?

This would be awesome if this ever made it to the finish line as I would love to rig this up on my S+ machine.

Unfortunately, the thread seemed to die off.

Any of you know about assembling such a board or something similar that would do the same thing?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Pressing Button to Add Credits For Free Play on S-Plus Machines
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 03:34:46 PM »
haha...Holy old thread Batman!!

I never bought the gadget, but I did make my own free play for an S+.
It's really easy...you won't be able to use the bill acceptor, or drop any coins but it's pretty simple to do.

What I did was solder two wires ( about 2 feet long) to the Service Credit button on the coin-in optics board, underneath the coin comparitor.
Run two 2 wires to the two normally-open tabs on a button switch.
Remove the Bet One Credit button switch out from underneath the button deck, (let it hang freely) and replace it with the one you made.
Then, disable the door optics by disconnecting the 2-pin harness from the door optic.
Turn on the power switch and close the door.
You can press the Bet One Credit button up to Max bet, and hit the Spin button all night long for free! :rotfl:
Have fun!
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 09:36:27 PM »
Hi Stayouttadabunker,

I was hoping you built the circuit board that member “dupuhini” designed and was building at the time. His circuit board would allow you to issue as many credits into the machine as you wanted with just one press of a momentary button.

All the instructions were available for free download in his post here: https://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2044.msg16402#msg16402

Does this ring any bells?

Many were in a frenzy about it at the time & over 300 people downloaded it! Heck, I downloaded it too yesterday just to see what it was.

I was hoping you followed through with the building of that board so you could share how well it worked.

Offline Pitts256

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 09:46:07 PM »
I've made several coin simulators for S2000's and they work very well. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't function in an S-Plus with a harness change.

They are Arduino based, I use UNO's and NANO's.

The code can be modified to pulse for 1 coin, 2 coin, 3 coin and more.

If interested I'll put together a build file.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 10:11:47 PM by Pitts256 »

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 08:06:25 AM »
Hi Stayouttadabunker,
I was hoping you built the circuit board that member “dupuhini” designed and was building at the time...

haha...I was wondering what a small bag of PIC16F84A chips were for?
I still have them.  :rotfl:
I guess I started to collect the parts needed to build it, but got too busy too finish it.
Life gets in the way!   :Tongue_Out:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline lookes

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 08:38:49 AM »
I recently designed and built one for my test fixture for S+. It also simulates the hopper so that it can be removed. I was thinking of building some to sell but it doesn't seem like there is all that much interest.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 01:01:13 PM »
I've made several coin simulators for S2000's and they work very well. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't function in an S-Plus with a harness change.

I recently designed and built one for my test fixture for S+. It also simulates the hopper so that it can be removed. I was thinking of building some to sell but it doesn't seem like there is all that much interest.

Just curious guys, my machine is a 2 coin max quarter machine S+, it will only allow for 2 coins to be inserted at one time for 2 credit play. If you use the tiny white service credit button under the coin comparator it will only give 2 credits max as well. So, my questions to both of you are:

1.  Will your device override the 2 credit max & let you put in as many credits as you want at one time without restrictions?

2.  Example:  Can you make it give 80 credits with just one press of the button similar to like putting a $20.00 dollar bill in the validator & it gives you 80 credits?

Offline lookes

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 01:35:38 PM »
You need a different SP chip to allow that. SP1137? Mine will put a single credit in if you just press and release the change button. If you hold it down it will continue adding credits at about 3 per second. It does not just add 80 credits all at once. The BV will still work as well.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2023, 02:17:30 PM »
You need a different SP chip to allow that. SP1137? Mine will put a single credit in if you just press and release the change button. If you hold it down it will continue adding credits at about 3 per second. It does not just add 80 credits all at once. The BV will still work as well.

That would be fine too, just don’t know how to go about doing it.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2023, 02:32:01 PM »
Contact  RB...he'll have the chips you need...tell him I sent you! lol
That SP1137 is the ol' Montana Credits chip that allows you to drop in all the coins you want.
You still can only MAX bet up to whatever your game allows, but it's fun when playing with coins, to drop in a whole handful and play....lol

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2023, 02:39:16 PM »

They are Arduino based, I use UNO's and NANO's.

The code can be modified to pulse for 1 coin, 2 coin, 3 coin and more.

If interested I'll put together a build file.

Hi Pitts256,

Wow, your machine looks brand new, super shiny!

If I knew your simulator would work on an S+ machine I would ask for a build file, but being there is a high possibility it may not, I wouldn’t want you to go through all the hassle.

Offline Pitts256

• Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2023, 03:03:46 PM »
With the boards I've built you can push what ever button you've chose on the deck to use for the simulator, I use the SPIN button on the S2000's and would use the CHANGE button on the S+.  Depending on what your MAX bet is the board can be programmed to pulse for one, two, three or five coins with a single push of the "SPIN" button. As lookes mentioned if you have a specific SP chip the number of times the board will pulse per a single button push is endless...the coin pulses will go directly into credits, like the bill validator but only much slower. I've never set one up with more pulses than what's needed for a MAX bet on a single spin. 

Offline Pitts256

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2023, 03:12:42 PM »
Thanks on the machine comment. It was a restoration for a local customer.

No problem putting together a build file, I'll post it tomorrow.

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2023, 04:02:20 PM »
Contact  RB...he'll have the chips you need...tell him I sent you! lol
That SP1137 is the ol' Montana Credits chip that allows you to drop in all the coins you want.
You still can only MAX bet up to whatever your game allows, but it's fun when playing with coins, to drop in a whole handful and play....lol

Hey Stayouttadabunker,

That sounds pretty cool too!
I may consider that, thanks!

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2023, 04:12:34 PM »
Mine will put a single credit in if you just press and release the change button. If you hold it down it will continue adding credits at about 3 per second.

With the boards I've built you can push what ever button you've chose on the deck to use for the simulator, I use the SPIN button on the S2000's and would use the CHANGE button on the S+.  Depending on what your MAX bet is the board can be programmed to pulse for one, two, three or five coins with a single push of the "SPIN" button. As lookes mentioned if you have a specific SP chip the number of times the board will pulse per a single button push is endless...the coin pulses will go directly into credits, like the bill validator but only much slower. I've never set one up with more pulses than what's needed for a MAX bet on a single spin.

So, let me get this straight, with “lookes” simulator along with the chip SP1137 the credits advance endlessly as long as you are holding down the button, but will then cease when the button is released. Please correct me if I’m wrong on that assumption.

Now with yours “Pitts256” you can program the simulator to issue any number of credits with one press of the button without having to hold the button down. You’ve just never tried that yet?

How am I doing so far understanding all this?

Offline Pitts256

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2023, 05:23:01 PM »
Yep, I've tried multiple ways...it works.

With the main door closed and the machine functioning as if in a "normal" play the coin simulator board will work both ways.
OPTION 1: Push the CHANGE button one time and the board will pulse the MAX coin bet (2, 3, 5 or more coins). The MPU will INHIBIT any more pulses from the board when the MAX bet is reached to avoid a "coin-in tilt" and disables the board while in play.
OPTION 2: With the SP chip change the coin simulator board can be set-up add 1 coin at at a time while the CHANGE button is held down or with one push add what ever number of coins you choose to CREDIT.

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2023, 01:14:44 PM »
Wow  Pitts256,

That sounds great and what I’m looking to achieve. I think it would be a great option for any machine to have in a home environment.

I’m looking forward to the posting of your build file; I already have an Arduino sitting in a drawer for a project I never got around to building. Never used it & completely forgot about it until you brought it up in your post. I attached a picture of the one I have & believe it will do the job, let me know. I’m not very familiar with them, but think this will be a fun project I can handle with possibly a little help from your end.

Thanks again!

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2024, 03:04:29 PM »
No problem putting together a build file, I'll post it tomorrow.

Hi again Pitts256,

Just wanted to re-open this thread in hopes you haven’t forgotten about it.

I am still very interested in your build file and excited about implementing your project into my machine.   

Hope all is well,

Thanks, twinfire

Offline Pitts256

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2024, 05:00:31 PM »
Hello twinfire,

Sorry about the delay.

I've found the S-Plus slightly different than the S2000 with the method of inhibiting the coin comparator, the S-Plus uses an AC voltage as opposed to DC for the S2000. Also the optoisolators I'm using are a bit too slow for the S-Plus. So I've changed the schematic, the Arduino sketch and ordered some parts to build a prototype for testing. Shouldn't be too much longer once the parts arrive.

I was able to make a modified S2000 model work well with several additional components but I need to clean the prototype board up using the new parts and then test.

Offline twinfire

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2024, 07:11:50 PM »
Hello twinfire,
Sorry about the delay.

Wow Pitts256, no apology needed whatsoever!

What you are doing is awesome! I had no idea you were in the process of building a new prototype coin simulator version for the S+.

I am exited & looking forward to this,

Thanks again Pitts256

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal