New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Vision TopBox PC/LCD issue?  (Read 3294 times)

Offline Pinky60

• Life is short, don't waste my time.
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Pinky60 New User has no influence.
  • Proud IGT Reel Slot Owner ;o)
IGT Vision TopBox PC/LCD issue?
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:54:42 AM »
Hi

I'm a new in this forum, need some help. I really would appreciate any hint or advise to fix my problem.
I have (only) one machine, the pink panther, very funny bonus game on the top box LCD.
Now the top box LCD does not function anymore, no back light. The fluoresenze display shows during boot:

1. Memory testing
2. Netplex
3. Display passes selftest
4. Waiting for Video Display...
    and stays for ever.

Fan on the PC/LCD is operating.
I already checked the fuse on the inverter pcb, works.
I plugged a jumper on J1 and got some back light on the LCD, but no boot sequence started, screen goes white, the black.
Now my questions:

1. Should the game (reels etc.) start also without the LCD or is it waiting for the boot on the PC/LCD
2. Do i have a different issue instead the PC/LCD, like MPU etc.?
3. I got no schematics to measure any voltages, do you know witch plugs are delivering the allimentation (5, 12, 24 Volts) for the PC/LCD?

Please help me, kind regards
Marino

:thank_you:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 06:13:55 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Pinky60

My Pink Panther won't start anymore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 05:23:05 AM »

My Vision 2000 won't start anymore, usually a have seen the boot up in the top box LCD display. This now is black, no back light, and nothing happens, the fluorescence display stucks with the message: "waiting for video display" and stays forever.
Do i have a LCD/PC issue or a different issue as MPU, power supply etc.?
Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
 :thank_you:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:41:06 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: My Pink Panther won't start anymore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 09:41:42 AM »
It sounds like an issue with the top box computer. Check the wiring connections and try changing the battery inside the top box.

Offline brianfink

• NLG
Re: IGT Vision TopBox PC/LCD issue?
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »
The rest of your machine is waiting for the top box to come on and is probably fine. If it was just the lcd in the top box that was out, the machine would boot up you would just have no picture on the lcd. The issue sounds like it is most likely with the top box PC board. 

Offline Pinky60

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 10:06:24 AM »
Dear brianfink

Thanks for the replies.

I was affraid to hear this… the computer seems to me the hardest part to fix. Unfortunately i have no wiring diagrams or electrical drawing that are showing the connectors of power alimentation and communication.
Do you know somebody or do you have any informations concerning what the right voltage and signals on witch wire of the computer connectors  should be?

I already replaced the battery on the computer (was 0.0V now 3.0V).
I found a worn out/rubbed off cable. It was touching the computer fan, maybe the cpu of the computer was getting to hot and said goodbye…

Hmm?

Kind regards

Marino

;o)

Offline brianfink

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 10:42:47 AM »
Sorry I don't have any wiring diagrams for the top box. The only fix I have ever done on those is the board for the LCD. When I had one go out I got a whole nether box and just replaced the whole thing.

Offline Pinky60

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 07:20:43 AM »
Dear brianfink

Thanks again for helping me.

Anyone else have an idea how to fix the computer, or have schematics, or have measured the power on this computer etc.?

Kind regards

Marino

;o)

Offline Bdkorn

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Bdkorn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 02:18:27 PM »
I have a similar issue on my IGT Vision machine but the game does play but top box PC shows only a white screen.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 04:18:09 PM »
Wow, a white screen. I have not seen that. Black screen is usually the invertor. Did you check your data card in the top slot of monitor? They do go bad occasionally and machine can't read. Maybe replace the monitor battery, but I doubt it. If you still have an old laptop around with the pcmcia pc card reader you can check the card. What title do you have? Any further questions start a new thread and post pictures. There are several of us that have the files
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 05:32:50 PM »
White screen is a faulty LCD panel.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 04:31:36 AM »
Thanks Rick, I love it when I learn something new. I didn't realize this was a 3 year old original post

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 07:48:06 AM »
Just noticed that as well.   :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead:
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Pinky60

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 04:29:26 AM »
Dear community

Thanks for reading my post and the help i got.

After a lot of investigations, finally i found (like brianfink mentioned) a bad connection between MPU and top box computer plug H1 (com1_RXD, TXD).

Never give up, keep on searching...

Grettings from Switzerland

Marino

;o)

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2019, 04:36:35 AM »
Thank you for updating the community and marking this one solved.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 10:03:47 AM »
Interesting that a loose com connection would create a white screen.  That's a new one for me, learn something new every day!

Offline Pinky60

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 01:11:05 AM »
Dear rickhunter

My issue i had, was leading to a "no boot up" (the top box computer was waiting for ever to initialize).

I'm sure a "white screen" has an other purpose. Right now i am fighting with bonus game issues. Previously i had a hanging (freezed) os and that gave me some kind of "white screen". Maybe your os or/and bios is corrupted...

Kind regards

Marino

;o)

Offline spyeleven

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • spyeleven New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2019, 04:59:39 AM »
Hi,
I have a problem with the vision TopBox, on Pink Panther slot.
It's booting  fine it comes to "Loading, please wait..." And the the screen goes white for a second and reboots again, does anyone know what it could be?

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2019, 03:13:02 PM »
Start a new thread and post pictures of the lcd messages or at least what they are saying. If using your phone as camera resize you photo's to 30%. Or you can shoot a video of everything it is doing and post to youtube and then post link here. We can help, just need more info.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal