New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 955 Low Boy Major Short  (Read 14065 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 955 Low Boy Major Short
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2017, 05:40:46 PM »
These 3 pics are my fuse block in my 955 Lowboy. It the best I can do without removing the hoppers beau plug. I only have 3 fuses.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline capt7310

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • capt7310 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2017, 05:49:11 PM »
Old Reno,

Have never gotten to any payouts. Only thing that's paid out is about 25 fuses that have fried.

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2017, 05:59:37 PM »
Amechanic,

You and Dave have both given me pics of your fuse blocks and wire setup and I'm going to rewire as per you and Dave and eliminate that last fuse with the one black wire.
Afterall I have torn these wire apart and nothing and it's possible that the guy who owned it tried to rig something to get it work and got all messed up and left it for years.

So I will give it a try. TY

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2017, 07:08:38 PM »
Paul,

Saw the last trio of photos.
It appears the black bypassed the fuse holder and was connected to a few wires.
Best bet to return the wiring back to its stock location.
Black through the 120 v fuse with the white blue tracer on the other side of that fuse.
Find the red wire that operates the service outlet top left corner above the hinge. These wire may be black and white at this point.
Do this by connecting a lead to the red and probe both sides of the outlet. If it doesn't read, probe a white wire on a fluorescent lamp transformer. If that doesn't read, reverse the process, make a positive connect on a sold white wire on a fluorescent lamp transformer / starter then probe wires near the fuse holder.
If it checks out, that wire connects to the white wire. The addons switch should be bypassed.

Proceed with caution stand back and plug the machine in.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2017, 07:43:48 PM »
I would get the wiring diagram and trace the power wires from the plug to their end point to verify that the machine is properly wired.
Looks to me like someone tried to do a hack job on the wiring.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2017, 12:00:24 AM »
Call me in the morning after 10 been up all night with a sore back I will go down Monday or Tuesday and get one of my 955 out of storage and bring it home we will take lots of pictures and see what is going on with the wiring I know they do not wire like every other early machine they're a little different call me on the 989 number

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2017, 05:00:25 AM »

Hey Jon, GREAT to hear from you I will call  you later. I only have your one number if you want text me the 989 #
I started to remove the fuse block and rewire.... as Amechanic and Dave both agree the wiring situation looks pretty screwed up and I think the guy I bought it from knew that and tried to fix this nightmare then bailed out. Call you later

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2017, 05:32:09 AM »
Paul,

I have a question about the power cord.

Is the plug and cord a one piece molded together type?

OR has the plug been added to the power cord.

IF the plug was added on, then meter the wires to be sure the black and white are on the correct lugs.
Also that the ground is connected.
You'll have to double check this, but I believe the black goes on the smaller lug on the left side if you are looking straight into the three prongs.
BUT double check this as I'm relying on my memory, so it's questionable.

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2017, 07:40:22 AM »

Hey Dave,

Yes the plug was added, the old molded plug with the cord was missing the ground pin so I replaced the plug and the white wire is to the silver screw and the black wire is to the brass screw and of course green to green screw.
I put the meter on black plug and black inside the black wires and it sounded continuity.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2017, 07:58:05 AM »
Great,

I was a little concerned after seeing the fuse situation.
Looks like Jon is going to send photos for you to compare.
Good idea wouldn't hurt to be sure.

Out hiking this morning. This is a sight not seen very often in my part of the city.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:03:55 AM by DavidLee »

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2017, 05:29:52 PM »
Very nice!!!! Does he fix slots

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2017, 03:54:07 AM »
Just a quick update...Everyone has been very helpful so I want to let you know the progress with this machine.

Spoke with Jon the other day and of course with his one on one help we have narrowed it down we think to one molex connector on the door. With all the four connectors disconnected and one by one reconnected the second connector from the top down when connected it sparked and blew the fuse.

So now I have to trace those wires being the yellow and orange we think it may be a bulb socket. I did remove the entire fluorescent light assy and then reconnected and the fuse popped so that's been eliminated.
I'll be back in touch with Jon in a few don't want to punish him too much he's still kinda sore. But I will keep all posted and hopefully this short will be found.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2017, 04:51:13 AM »
What is this grey wire for, (see pic).. Does not look to be soldered?  Have you tried to plug the door in with the relays unplugged that are behind that mounting plate?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:01:45 AM by Amechanic »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2017, 05:11:28 AM »
Gary,
That wire I think came off the Service Button.It's from a 4 pin connector all gray wires with tracers that lead up to that button.  I haven't unplugged those relays yet but I did find a wire off so I will check that also

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2017, 06:03:18 AM »
Guess it helps if I remember to attach the picture..  :duh:
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2017, 06:09:48 AM »
Paul,

Did Jon say anything about the fuse wiring? Or has that been corrected?

As I would be a little concerned that the hopper was running without a fuse for safety.

Will the machine operate with that one molex plug, unplugged

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2017, 07:19:49 AM »
Dave,

Again very strange with that 2nd plug unplugged and I click down the micro switch from the coin mech the winning bell sounds and the relay for the arm activates allowing me to pull down on the handle and the bell stops ringing.
As far as the fuse situation Jon will look at his 955 and let me know

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2017, 08:10:12 AM »
So the fuses are in the plug is unplugged. The handle release activates, but the bell sounds.
Does it ring every time you push the micro switch?
Will the machine make a complete cycle and be ready for the next coin?

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2017, 05:09:13 PM »
Dave,
Yes the fuses are in and the second molex connector from the top down is disconnected. It will take 1 quarter through the micro switch the bell will ring the handle will activate.

It will only do that one cycle then no other coin can pass through and the handle is locked.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2017, 07:10:56 PM »
Interesting, that the bell rings. Unless someone got creative with the wiring so the bell would ring with every coin drop. Looking at the picture of the fuses. I see the red wire coupled with the white/blue on the fuse.
Wouldn't be hard to remove the red to see what happen with it disconnected. Solid red might be the bell wire.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal