New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Call attendant light  (Read 5876 times)

Offline Garyw209

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Garyw209 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Call attendant light
« on: November 26, 2017, 11:54:20 AM »
For unknown reason the call attendant light comes on and my IGT Vision slot machine stope accepting money and play is shut down.  I have tried numerous ways to clear the light and resume play but give up and turn the machine off.  Then, for unknown reason, it just starts working again when I power the machine on.  Can anyone help?  I have a blue area on the front where error codes are supposed to be displayed, but I never get an error code.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Call attendant light
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 01:09:27 PM »
Does this happen only when you get a winning spin, or all the time when you try to play?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 03:01:56 PM »
I had a S+ slot machine the other day lock up. I found that someone had added a battery holder to the MPU and had the game running out 2 AAA Battery's instead of the normal battery. The board still have voltage but only 3.08V.. For a quick fix I tried 2 new AAA battery's. Surprisingly it came up and worked. It was a quick fix to get it running for a Thanksgiving Dinner for a family. I'll be fixing it correctly this week with a new correct battery.
I would check your MPU boards battery to see if it's low on voltage and causing your freeze up. I know the light will flash when the doors open, so it's possible your door optics have a problem, or your door closed switch isn't working correctly.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:53:16 AM by shortrackskater »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 05:54:01 PM »
Maybe power supply loose or going bad. It is located right behind the reels. You are talking about the blue display, is it blank? Just for my interest, what Vision Title do you have? Love these visions.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Garyw209

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 05:54:11 AM »
It locks up after a period of down time.  I have been turning the machine off when not in use.  Sometimes, I return to the game, turn it on and it is locked up and the call attendant light comes on.  I have no idea why it locks up after having been turned off.  It never has locked up while playing.  I will check the battery.

Offline Garyw209

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 06:06:32 AM »
The machine is a "10 Times Pay Deluxe".   Each credit can be played as 25 cents or 50 cents.  Jackpot is 25,000 credits.  I will pull the mother board later today and look for the battery.  Not sure if it is easily replaced or if it is soldered in.

Offline Garyw209

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 02:11:30 PM »
OK, I replaced the 3 volt watch type battery.  The result was that I now have an alarm when I opened the door.  Unfortunately, now I have both the yellow and white lights blinking and the machine is still locked up.  I am out of ideas.  I am hoping someone can help.

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 02:24:28 PM »
I'm not sure on the vision machine but on an S2000 if the alarm sounds turn the reset key to silence it. Messages show on the VFD. Turn the key until it tells you to shut and latch the door. I believe this is the correct sequence.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Garyw209

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 03:02:13 PM »
The blue area where codes and instruction are to be shown, does nothing.  I have since learned that I need to replace the 3.6V Varta battery as well.  This requires soldering so I am at a standstill until I can get the battery and find someone who can solder well.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 03:33:31 PM »
Gary, with the machine OFF, open the door and look at the back of the blue vfd, it has a plug on it. Try unplugging and reseating. As far as the green varta battery, unless you have an enhanced board you don't need it. I doubt you have enhanced since it would do no good for a vision. Cut that green varta battery off your board. It can only cause trouble for you. As far as your alarm, open door, turn j/p key 3 times, push white test button on front of mpu board for 5 seconds, close the door and it should finish booting and be ready for play.

the rockin elvis

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 04:33:09 PM »
The blue area where codes and instruction are to be shown, does nothing.  I have since learned that I need to replace the 3.6V Varta battery as well.  This requires soldering so I am at a standstill until I can get the battery and find someone who can solder well.

Like Elvis mentions ...

Varta batteries cause corrosion damage and it isn't needed for home use so don't replace it. Just replace the ram battery.
If it is a 50x series board then snip the leads of the Varta battery as close to the board as possible.
If it is a 1270 board then snip the leads on the Varta battery then remove the voltage regulator at U16.

Offline Garyw209

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 05:16:28 AM »
Well, I did as instructed with the key three times and the white button for 5 seconds then closed the door.  Machine is in same state.  Both white and yellow lights are blinking and machine is locked up, unable to play.  Additionally, I called and spoke with a slot machine service person who told me that the IGT slot machine's Varta Battery must be replaced when the flat battery is replaced so now I am getting two different opinions on the matter.  I am in Yuma, Arizona and service technicians are a long ways away.  I am not having much luck at this point but have ordered the Varta Battery assuming it must be changed.  Other than that, I have no clue what to do next.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 05:40:38 AM »
Did you check the plug on the back of the blue display? If you want to spend money on the varta battery go ahead.  The candle flashing is saying the door has been opened and will continue to flash until a paid game is played.  The display is where we need to focus.

the rockin elvis

Offline Garyw209

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 06:57:54 AM »
The only plug that appeared to be connected to the blue display was a multi colored ribbon looking thing.  I unplugged it and plugged it back in at both ends of the ribbon.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »
I don't run a Varta battery on any of my MPU Boards. One thought, the door optic it connected to the door latch, and that moves up and down every time the door opens and closes. Check the wires to make sure they are not rubbing or for damage wires. It sounds like your game things the door open. Are your optics in  alignment? I use painters tape on the door and cabinet to mark the location of each optic, then close the door to see if the two marks I put on the tape pieces line up. If not then  align them.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Garyw209

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 11:18:21 AM »
Holy Cow!  Checked the alignment of the door optics.  Appeared fine.  Next, I wiped off the optics with a soft cloth, then I turned the reset key three times and held the white button in for five seconds.  Then I closed the door and both lights went out!  I wait d about. Minute and the wheels spun and the machine starting working. I inserted three 1 dollar bills and played the credits.  All is well!  Thanks for all the help and support!

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 11:30:25 AM »
That's awesome.

Back to the Varta battery. It is not needed for home use. What happens if the Varta battery is not removed ... it will corrode and will destroy the trace within the board that lets the machine know that the door is open/closed .. with the corrosion the machine will see an open door. The only fix is a replacement board.

I have attached a picture of a board that I have tried cleaning the corrosion off of. That board along with several of its brothers are now in the recycle pile.

Ken

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 11:36:08 AM »
I agree with Ken. Get rid of your Varta battery if you have not already. If you don't your asking for trouble. As for the optics, you might want to consider picking up a spare set. Sounds like yours could be failing or have a weak signal. Glad it's working again.
And remember...

Offline Garyw209

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 11:43:06 AM »
Okay, I am convinced I do not need a Varta Battery.  I have a couple questions.

1.  Does removing it change the game in any way?

2.  To remove the battery, is a soldering iron required?  Mine appears to be in tight quarters and the three pins are very short.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2017, 12:50:00 PM »
Nothing will change on the game.. Most people tend to cut the pins or at least one side. Then rock it back and forth till the other pin breaks off.. Just be very careful not to damage the board with the cutting tool..
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal