New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Old Aristocrat Caribbean Gold  (Read 2006 times)

Offline terry5732

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • terry5732 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Old Aristocrat Caribbean Gold
« on: September 11, 2018, 03:44:12 PM »
 I recently acquired this relic. Label says 1992 build , range microstar , serial DY (or maybe X) 6647. It is working fine aside from a sticky change button. The hand pay is set to 200 coins. I would like to increase the hand pay level. How do I go about that?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:45:09 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Old Aristocrat Caribbean Gold
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:36:31 PM »
You might just want to remove your change button from your game to take it apart and clean it. I’m sure a few drinks have been spilled on the game. It gets inside the buttons and causes them to stick. Soaking in hot water and clean with an old tooth brush. Not sure on your other problem.

All most forgot...  :NLG_WELCOME:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 06:42:08 PM »
Post a photo of the entire front of the machine, someone may recognize the model and be able to give advice on the handpay question.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline terry5732

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 07:36:25 PM »
Not real worried about the sticky button, just the changing payout level

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 09:09:47 PM »
Pm me your email and ill send you the manual
for this machine and the hopper dip settings are on page 3-28
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline terry5732

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 06:07:50 PM »
The dips were all initially set to off. Setting them to where I wanted the hand pay level to be caused play errors. It would only accept one coin and drop any others. Played around some more. Now it doesn't show any credits on the screen and drops any win.The board layout is a little different than the manual.

Offline terry5732

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 07:44:31 PM »
On dip bank two, 4,5 and 6 should be for jackpot  lock up amount. Having 5 or 6 on makes it only accept one coin. Having 4 on didn't affect this way but didn't set the amount to 300 like it should have either.

Offline Heihachi_73

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Heihachi_73 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 12:36:22 AM »
Coincidentally, this exact same chipset (3VXEC449) is emulated in MAME, although the emulation isn't perfect yet.

Hopper pay limit for this game should be via dip bank 1, switches 2, 3 and 4 (switch 1 doesn't seem to do anything in MAME even though it's supposed to reject coins inserted above 5 credits when enabled, and I don't think switch actually 4 does anything either as it has the same hopper/hand pay results whether it's on or off). Turning switch 5 off will disable credit play (and hides the credit display) and all wins will be cashed out immediately via hopper or handpay like an old school reel slot - I think that is what happened to your machine. Switch 5 must remain on if you want to retain credits.

Hitting cashout with 1-199 credits always cashes out to hopper regardless of switch settings. The game seems to be 1 coin = 1 credit with no tokenization. By the way, which coin does it use, nickels or quarters? It says 5c (nickels) on your machine but the game program inserts 4 credits via the bill acceptor as though it's inserting a $1 bill on a quarter machine. Edit: This is probably emulation-related, the bill input hasn't officially been hooked up to this game yet, so toggling bills sends the default "00" which corresponds to 4 credits as per the manual (page 3-31) - later games (540/MK4) work fine with $1-$100 bills in MAME.

Testing in MAME:

Switches 2 and 3 on cancels credits (hand pay) at 200
Switch 3 on (2 off) cancels credits at 400
Switches 2 or 3 on cancels credits at 600
Switches 2 and 3 off allows hopper pay at any amount (tested up to 2000 credits)
Switch 4 doesn't affect switches 2 or 3 at all (same results with 4 off or on)

Emulation note: The game looks different in MAME compared to your photo as the original slot owner couldn't dump the color PROM (labeled 1CM12/40) with their EPROM programmer so the background colors are wrong e.g. no solid green around the reels. The lack of a time and date display in the menu is correct, as evidenced by your machine - not all boards came with a real-time clock chip.

You mention that the board layout is different to the manual. This is interesting as MAME's Aristocrat emulation also has a few minor bugs with this game (and this game only) which causes a logic door open error, which closes when you insert a coin (it's a bit touchy so it might not fix itself first time; the coin input is also a bit finicky) - apparently early machines like this must be ever-so-slightly different to later 2.5s/MK4s/540s when it comes to memory locations (specifically, the coin inputs and dip switches) as no other games have this emulation error.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:53:32 AM by Heihachi_73 »

Offline terry5732

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 08:41:45 AM »
This is a nickel machine with no bill accepter.
My main concern is increasing the jackpot lock up. It is currently at 200.
Switch 5 ON on dip bank one is what made the credits disappear from the screen along with automatic ejection of any winnings.

Offline terry5732

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 09:39:29 PM »
I got it
SW1 is dip bank two and SW2 is dip bank one. Now the settings work as per the manual if reversed.

Offline Heihachi_73

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Heihachi_73 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »
I should have re-read that, I misinterpreted jackpot pay (maximum win possible before a hand pay is required) as hand pay (hopper pay limit).

Offline terry5732

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 12:45:48 PM »
I got a second 500 win and it went into jackpot lock up because I hadn't upped the hopper limit. But now I know which is the setting for that.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal