New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: key/clear chips  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
key/clear chips
« on: March 10, 2018, 06:57:06 PM »
I have a vision s2000 here r, got it with a dead batt...... running sg000380s..........what clear and set chip do I need ??just wanna have them around .... I cant get past waiting for video display ... monitor is not lighting up ...not sure if I am missing a board or harness pc to the monitor ...anyone have pics or schematic for these ??

thx
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:15:26 PM by mike111 »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: key/clear chips
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »
Mike,
If it was a working machine and all you did was change the battery when you get the RAM error turn the jackpot key.
After each change on the VFD turn the jackpot key.
When it gets to "push reset button for 2- 3 seconds" do that close the main door and you should be good to go.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 07:24:27 PM »
Post a picture of the back of the monitor and the harness that you have connected.
If this is a machine that you are converting to a vision we will need more info starting with SB, SG, VS and BGM you are using.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 07:29:16 PM »
Clear 224 and key 45 are probably the best ones to get as they will work in all S2000 except R board type.
There are others that will work.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 08:26:26 PM »
monitor pic attached....... i dont know the history of it....but it is not a conversion...... game bd and roms are original to the game .... its trying to boot but cant comm with monitor ... mon is dead....I have 2 cards.... which goes in top and which in side of the mon ??? ? sound amp is missing but I still should be able to run the game without that ...once i get it to that point ill buy one

deff seems as though the mon isnt getting powered up

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 10:09:00 PM »
What's the game theme. I don't believe the you need the board with the flat ribbon cable at all. There should be cables going to all of the other plugs on the monitor. Where are they going to?
There is a battery in the monitor that probably also needs to be replaced.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 11:05:55 PM »
It's a little green men ......... I did have it apart and change the battery...... which slot on the mon takes the sw card ? Or do they both need one ? ....... I am missing the cable from top left of the mon looking at it from the back, no idea if I need it or not or where it would go... I guess the guestion to simplify is which plug provides power and data from the game bd and which slot needs sw card ??? Even with no card it the monitor comes alive I should see backlighting on the LCD and some life which I don't but the fan on the mon is running .....a pinout for this would be helpful but I can't find one

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 01:20:00 AM »
digging a little deeper i may have some answers which may not be good....

i took the mobo out of the monitor and cleaned it good, reset the ram and cpu.....with out a pinout its hard to say if correct but I do have voltages on all pins of the big conn up top...fan runs with 12v to it.... various areas of the board have 5v 3v ect i didnt scope it.......backlights do not illuminate....tried shorting J1 no change.....so I have 1 of 2 probs I would imagine....

inverter is bad or MPU is bad

may be trying to boot and I cant see it I dont know and I am not sure of which cards to put in which slot so it guess its one or the other......anyone know the voltages on the inverter in and out to check it ? or pinout for it ??

thanks

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 02:17:00 AM »
UPDATE :::::::::: poked around and found a bad fuse on the LCD inverter bd..... changed that and had to hold J1 jumped to get system to boot, once it booted with the cards in the correct slots it booted normal with graphics up top as it should,,,,,, now have "primary sas down" .........clear and new setup should take care of that ..... still missing an audio amp, but looks like its well on its way to be running here very soon

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal