New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Questions  (Read 1828 times)

Offline JWS

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JWS New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ Questions
« on: March 18, 2018, 09:21:06 AM »
Noobiest of Noobs here. I have a 1996 IGT S+ (Double Cherry Bar) machine. Fixed the code 12 error with a new battery. After multiple attempts was able to clear the 61 code. (push and hold the test until I got the ding and the 61-1 code then reset key) Next the DBV was not accepting bills. Found a Fiver stuck in the bill path. Cleared and cleaned.
Question # 1 The DBV-200-B023 is working but does not illuminate.
Question #2 I have a large number of credits and not alot of quarters, I am afraid to push the cash out button but want to clear it.
Question # 3 Can this machine use tokens by simply placing a token in the coin comparator? (Man cave ...for amusement only)
Thank you in advance....this site has helped me get this far a and I am very grateful.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: IGT S+ Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 10:32:02 AM »
A token will work but turn the sensitivity control fully counterclockwise.
Unless you have a clear chip you will have to cash out the credits one hand full at a time.
The lamps in the DBV bezel may be bad, probably #86 lamps.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 11:48:52 AM »
You may have to use a set chip to set up the denomination for the bill acceptor to work.   Just a hunch.

Offline JWS

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JWS New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 05:02:31 PM »
Thank you all for the responces. Powered off the machine to check some other lamps and when I re-powered the DBV lamps were working. Now if the bill stacker will magically fill I will be really happy.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 07:07:35 PM »
You can unplug one of the wires on the cash out so it wont work.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
.....Question #2 I have a large number of credits and not alot of quarters, I am afraid to push the cash out button but want to clear it.....

The machine is designed to not cheat the player, so once it accumulates credits they remain, you can't clear them out easily. If someone presses the Cashout button the hopper will start dispensing coins and if there aren't enough then the machine will fault with an error 3300. Then you take the coins from the coin tray and put them into the hopper, close the door and let it pay them out. Repeat over and over until the credits are removed. It's a pain. I don't know if doing a CLEAR ram process would eliminate the credits, it might. Also, if you prefer, you can set the machine so that winning spins do not add credits, the machine pays out the wins immediately from the hopper. But if you don't have a lot of coins in the hopper that may not work very well when you get a larger win.  You might be able to set the jackpot handpay setting low enough  to avoid running out of coins. With that the machine would halt on a bigger win, wouldn't add any credits or try to payout coins from the hopper, you just turn the jackpot reset key and pretend someone handed you the winnings.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 10:38:07 PM »
Don't unplug one wire from the cashout, some switches are in series.
Simply pull the switch assembly out of the switch housing and let it dangle.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 07:20:43 AM »
there are only two wires that go to that switch, one wire is the green wire( ground)  has two wires connected to the push on connector ( so even if the connector came off the switch  the ground loop will be in tact). the other wire is on the N.C. contact, it is a yellow-orange wire, you can remove this wire from the switch.  this will disable the switch from cashing out.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 10:09:34 AM »
As Jim mentioned you can remove the yellow-orange wire with no problems. I have done this many times. The problem with pulling the switch down it may break depending on how brittle it is. You have to be very careful when pulling these down.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 05:17:46 PM »
.....Question #2 I have a large number of credits and not alot of quarters, I am afraid to push the cash out button but want to clear it......

Some folks have found the following to work if you want to remove the credits on the machine but don't have a Clear chip (or don't want to use one since you'll have to reset a bunch of other settings if you do a ram Clear).

Turn off machine power. Remove the cmos ram chip from its socket, place the chip on something metallic so that all the legs of the ram chip are shorted thru it to each other. You can use the unpainted metal shelf in the machine. (as mentioned in the discussion linked below this step to short all the ic legs to each other may not actually be needed but it doesn't hurt and is easy to do). Wait a few seconds, then reinstall the cmos ram chip. Power up the machine, it will give an error 61 that you clear (see the thread below for how to do this). All of the credits will be deleted from the machine. I haven't done this but experienced NLG members have (see below) and they say it works. It isn't difficult to try if you want to.

Below is a link to the middle of a discussion thread about it on the old NLG website. They were also talking about other stuff, so you may want to read thru the whole thing. This should work for you if you don't want to get rid of the excessive credits another way.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18639.msg155044#msg155044
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:59:05 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal