New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pinball Vision RED SCREEN Error  (Read 4204 times)

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
Pinball Vision RED SCREEN Error
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:42:27 AM »

Hi All
I'm looking for some help figuring out why I'm getting an error on the top screen in red that says:

Multi Slave System Error
Crash Type: Invalid Pointer No Vsound  VXD Found

This is a 3 Reel Single PayLine 2 Credit Game. It has SG000093, SB000149, VS006CXO and the top card is BGM00041.

The machine starts normal, hear bill acc cycle, top screen starts up, everything stops @ Red Screen Error and bottom display says Waiting for Video.

I just got this machine so I have no idea when it last worked. I put a new battery in the top screen and noticed that there is a media board plugged in to it. I have two other Vision games and neither have this board. Could this be causing the Error?  Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks Dirtguy

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Pinball Vision RED SCREEN Error
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:41:06 PM »
Pictures of the cpu and top box would help. Did you check the battery on the cpu ?  Possible bent pins on the cpu that go into the motherboard. Is the ata card in the top or side slot of the top box.. you're  getting the "red screen of death" because the lower half isn't  communicating with the top box.  Any of the above issues would cause communication issues. Bill

Offline Dirtguy

• Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 06:50:19 PM »
I checked everything you mentioned, same thing, Red Screen. I then decided to try a screen from my working DD Run game. Put it in and it booted, let me key it, but now I have a meter disconnected error to clear. Will work on that tomorrow. I then put the Pinball screen in the DD Run game and got the RED Screen. So do you think that screen is toast?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 07:10:36 PM »
When you put the monitor in the DD was the error the same when it red screened? I'm assuming you put the DD card in it.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 08:33:22 PM »
Put the card in and did get the same error.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 09:18:49 PM »
Sounds like you found the problem.
I would sort out the machine using the DD display.
Then you can get a new display. Relatively inexpensive.
http://www.spininc.com/73670-1
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 04:32:24 AM »
Are you getting the red screen immediately? Have you put a jumper on J1 (left bottom inside the monitor) to see the boot process? You may have a bent pin where someone put the top card in wrong. Red screen usually means no communication between SB and BGM
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 05:19:33 AM »
I put the jumper on, I could watch the boot process all the way till it gets to -Program Manager- then I get the red screen. I looked inside with a flashlite at the pins & they are ok. Tried unplugging and plugging in connectors, no change. I guess I'll get a new screen.  Thanks guys for all your help!

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »

Ok - I got the screen figured out, Got rid of the Meter Disconnected Error by switching IO card now I'm getting a "Protocol Mismatch Error" how do I clear this?
Again I'm using SB000149, SG000093, VS006CX0 - 2 credit Vision Pinball

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 03:04:49 PM »
I don't like your vs chip. If you have a 009gxo, vision machines like it with sb248's. Also if you have 248's use them.

the rockin elvis

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 06:22:40 PM »
I have those exact chips in Ms Little Green Men, I will try them tomorrow.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 08:15:36 PM »
I have used the same chips for Ms. Little Green Men, Pink Panther Bucks, and Shooting Gallery.  Just change the SB.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 03:22:57 AM »
Mark, Are you saying for him to just change his SB to 248's? My guess is the CX version chip is a Colorado Jur. chip and I personally have not used one. All of my visions have either 248's with 009gxo or 380's with 0011gx1. I have 13 vision's.

the rockin elvis

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 05:33:17 AM »
Well I put in VS009GXO, SG000248 from my Little Green men, cleared the machine and still got Protocol Mismatch. What else should I try?

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 06:07:12 AM »
Try putting the board with mlgm chip's in this machine with data card.  Sounds like software problem. Or put chip from mlgm in. We know they work.  Try pinball board in mlgm. See if it works.  Remember to switch data card.  You do have it in top slot nothing in side slot.

the rockin elvis

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 06:27:09 AM »
I don't think that will work since MLGM is a 5 reel game and Pinball is a 3 reel game. I'll try my ddRun board in the Pinball that's a 3 reel, and see if I can get that to work. And yes I have the card in the top slot, nothing in the side.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 06:32:52 AM »
Top or side I don't think it matters all my vision machines use the side slot. What LED display are you using 5-5-2 or 6-6-3?

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 07:05:26 AM »

Well the machine at least works. I put the DDRun board and card in, I had to clear & key it and the machine is running. So my guess is the card or the SB chip  may be bad.  At least we are getting some ware!

Thanks to all!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 07:06:21 AM »
I have always used the top card slot.  I use VS011GX1, SG000380's for 3R5L Ms LGM, 3R5L Pink Panther Bucks, and 3R1L Shooting Gallery.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 12:07:48 PM »
In your original board? I agree with the software malfunction. I'm sure you checked all the leg's on SB, sometimes those little suckers get bent or broken and it doesn't jump out. My notes show your BGM00041 and SB 148 (2c) or SB149 (3c). I have seen the data cards go bad. If you have an old lap top with the card slot you can check it . Or a pcmcia reader. Some just stop working so they don't read. If all else fails you can send it to me and I can check the files or if the card is good. I have seen a couple monitors that the card will insert front or back and flipping the card worked. You will know instantly as it will not just push in easily.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:23:17 PM by therockinelvis »

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal